Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bonus prize if you can tell me what this is:
))<>((

I will reveal what excellent film it is from later :smile:

D_Farmoure Dickthanyew

Experimental Member
Media
That looks like its from "Me and you and Everyone we know" when that kid delivered those lines I don't think i've ever laughed that hard in my entire life. But I wont ruin it for everyone but saying what it is as I think the movie title is enough to proove that i've seen it.

Anyways, as a film maker i've seen alot of movies lately. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button stands out in my mind. I know alot of people didn't like it because of the length but I thought it was the perfect movie to proove to the world that David Fincher can do more than movies with Serial Killers.

B_doc23cm

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perfectly correct! I think I almost passed out laughing at that point. I've not seen Benjamin Button yet, but I've read the F. Scott Fitzgerald short story. I think the movie does a lot more with the theme, even in the trailer, than the short story does, although I guess the original story was meant to be somewhat a satire of middle class attitudes. That and Slumdog Millionaire are on my "to see" list.

I really liked the Reader, but it was also quite disturbing how it could alternate between bleak and tender.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Revolutionary Road. I was surprised how deep I got into the characters.

Marley and Me, ahhhhh, Waaaaahhhhh!!! need my Klenex.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A friend just loaned me a Benjamin Button DVD and I plan to watch it this week. Glad to hear you guys liked it.

I watched "The Kite Runner" a couple days ago. I think it's really beautiful film.

Last week we went to "Valkyrie" which was a waste of time. Tom Cruise just didn't work as von Stauffenberg and all those Germans speaking with British or American accents was just stupid.

The Reader is worth every minute and particularly so if you know something about contemporary German culture and history.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I must concur that I enjoyed "...Benjamin Button" as well. It was a wonderful film. I am looking forward to seeing "The Reader" and "Slumdog Millionaire" as well. I read "The Reader" a couple of years ago so it will be interesting to see how close to the book the film comes.

Mandee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I saw Tyler Perry's "Madea Goes To Jail" the other day and it was a pretty good movie. Tomorrow I'm going to go see "Frost/Nixon"... it's the last showing they're going to have at the theater that I go to, so I better go see it before it's gone. lol.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
shotgun stories.
otto or up with dead people.
kidulthood.
the fall.
trailer park of terror.
re-cycle.
don't let me die on a sunday.
the killing word.

all available on DVD.

ml

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just saw Madea Goes to Jail and I absolutely loved it. I never saw the play, which is actually better because then there's no storyline comparisons.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I wrote about Curious Case of Ben Button in the other thread about Academy Awards. Indeed it was/is a very good film deserving of its nominees.

There's a smaller neighborhood type moviehouse (out to the west of the Big E) that we frequent, preferring it to the madness of the AMC chain of theatres down here. No doubt they must've shown "Slumdog Millionaire" months ago because they regularly run Indian movies (it's owned by an Indian) but we've never seen any of them.

Last weekend tho, we went to see S Millionaire - just to see what all the hoopla was about. Truth was, I expected to be sorely disappointed. But it wasn't what we expected.

This movie deserved its Oscars. Not saying the others weren't as good. But if you haven't seen it, do.