"What Happened To All The Nice Guys?"

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a great Craigslist post which really hits home - Craigslist - What Happened To The Nice Guys.

What Happened To All The Nice Guys?
I see this question posted with some regularity in the personals section, so I thought I'd take a minute to explain things to the ladies out there that haven't figured it out.

What happened to all the nice guys?

The answer is simple: you did.
I have a friend who is perpetually called the nice guy, he is single and often complains that girls see him as a gay friend minus the fact he isn't actually gay. To know of someone who girls consider a "nice guy" really gives the posting all that more impact.

I believe everything he is saying is very true and what makes it so sad / epic is how spot on the poster is.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Idk, the tone of that post seems bitter and retributive (and fiction) more than a home truth. Clearly, this guy was too much of a pussy to speak up about his own feelings and wanted the women to mind-read and know his support meant he was interested romantically. :rolleyes:

He's confident now, and that's fine, but it isn't the woman's fault that he could not find his balls or clean up a bit until after she started seeing someone else. Obviously, he still a bit of a whiner and that's likely why she didn't fuck his ass initially.

Personally, happy to say I am with a "nice guy" and can't imagine my life without him, but most of my relationships have been with good men (I would say all, but then there's one I still want to smack in the fucking face :08:). I fucked a couple of bad boys or players, sure, but, we both new what the deal was and there was never any intention of entering a relationship or crying on some limp, douche bag's shoulder about it.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i've said it before and i'll say it again,

i've never met a self proclaimed nice guy who was actually nice!

the ones i've met have all been whining, bollockless, self pitying wimps.

but i have met plenty of nice guys who would never describe themselves as such, but whose charm, confidence and considerate natures have meant they're rarely single.

...obviously there are also genuine nice guys who, unfortunately, have all the sex appeal, charisma and charm of used gum. couple that with a complete inability to make the first move and you've got a love life that never happens.
but you get arseholes similarly cursed too.

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to be a nice guy

It got me 300 female friends but no sex and no girlfriend

Now im an asshole and im swimming in pussy.

The world is a sad backward place.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've pretty much given up the game after two marriages, "forever", and subsequent divorces. 1st wife alcoholic, 2nd pathological liar and hypocrite. Both took me for way more than they deserved. Have dated plenty since and even long term relationships. Current GF of four years would describe me as not only a nice guy but the best man she's ever known. I love my GF and we do everything together but the situation as it is with separate residences will remain. I don't want or need a wife or anyone to take care of me.
This may sound bitter but it is the way it is and I feel like crap today.

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some nice guys go over a certain border and are too nice. That dampens sex appeal, even if they're hot looking. Platonically, they're very likable or even lovable...just not HOT. On the other hand, too far in the other direction kills sex appeal as well, and they're impossible to like except by others like them. Maybe we should copulate with badboys/girls, and save our love for our doggies and kitties and gerbils and goldfish or maybe even kids?

Last edited:

D_Wally Walnuts

Experimental Member
Media

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I still don't understand that. I used to get the "I don't look at you like that" routine quite a bit in my late teens and early twenties.

Whenever I read something like this, I think about this:

"Pepa Regrets Not Dating Will Smith" | Global Grind

Will smith used to like my mom when she was 12 and he was 7

She went to dance class with his sister or something.

Oh how I laughed when she told me.

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
I liked this one better, also from Craigslist. At least it fits well here in Orange County, CA. Not that the men here have any monopoly on virtue...

---------------------------------------------

If you think all men are pigs, expect to live alone when you get older.

If you have 100 reasons to reject a man, expect to live alone when you get older.

Prince Charming is gay.

Rich, attractive, nice - you can only have two in a man.

If you ask a man on a first date how much he earns or what kind of car he drives, he gets to look at your breasts while you are in the restaurant.

If you answer your cell phone during a first date, he has the right to immediately get up and leave with no explanation.

Choosey and "stuck up" are closely related.

At 40, single "Rules Girls" become single, lonely women.

If you expect a man to pay for everything, you'll need a strong jaw and a good tongue.

Perfect men don't exist. Good men are everywhere.

It's OK not to want kids. It's not OK to sacrifice your personal life and goals for your career.

The karmic retribution for putting good men into the "Friend Zone" while getting hurt by bad boys is to become bitter, angry, and the owner of at least three cats.

You are not a princess no matter what your T-shirt states. If you really think you are a princess, then you'd better have the body of a stripper, the face of an angel, and the personality of a saint. Even so, only Prince Charming can marry a princess and Prince Charming is gay.

Your single girlfriends don't want you to have a happy relationship with a man. Consider this when listening to their advice.

A man won't say "I love you" until he is 100% confident that you won't use this against him. This might take years, be patient because men can be sensitive, too.

Taking the time to look your best is not optional. After all, if you can catch his eye then you can catch his heart. Being agreeable, pleasant, and happy will seal the deal.

Smiles and laughter are contagious and can melt any man's heart.

The unintended consequence of independence is loneliness.

There is a fine line between expecting that a man pay for everything and being a common prostitute.

Excessive complaining is neither attractive nor polite.

You are entitled to nothing. However, you can expect rewards for working hard for something.

Before you say "it's all his fault" after a bad date, look closely in the mirror.

It's not always men making you unhappy. Don't let bitter women convince you of that.

Being strong doesn't mean being bitchy. Southern women have known this for generations.

You can't have it all. Please have the good sense to realize this.

Compromise is not surrender, it's what is necessary to have a good relationship.

Don't expect men to fall all over you just because you are a woman. Feminism taught men to be independent, too.

There's nothing wrong with looking feminine.

If he doesn't call you back, it means he's just not really into you. Deal with it.

If you meet a man, don't find reasons to reject him or things to change in him. Find reasons to accept him and respect him.

"As if" and "whatever" are immature insults used by 12 year olds, not intelligent women.

The common word in "drink whore" and "dinner whore" is still whore.

Sorry girl, it's NOT "All about you", so you can change your T-shirt now.

Many men would rather chase women, not girls.

Given the current state of divorce and child support laws, don't expect any man to marry you. It's not you, it's just how things are right now.

Hanging around gay men won't give you any useful insights about straight men. Frankly, hanging around gay men is just creepy.

"No fat chicks" is the man's version of "If you're rich, I'm single".

Winning a man is easy, keeping a man requires hard work.

Advertising "Bitch" on your T-shirt or sweatpants won't get you any dates. Single men don't care for that attitude.

Deferring self-gratification is a sign of maturity. You can wait until dinner even if you're hungry now.

The real world is pushy, rude, and often unpleasant. That doesn't mean you have to be the same way.

If you dress like a tart, expect to be treated like a tart.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That is seriously such a crock of BS!! Your little lapdog best friend was the man you should have been yearning for all along? Gimme a break!!! You either have sexual chemistry with a man or you don't!! Good grief men are you really that naive that you think women have the monopoly on this? Seriously how much do men value a "nice girl"? Nice girls are every bit as overlooked as nice guys!! Men do not seek out women who are "nice" they look for a woman who looks good, who they have chemistry with, and hopefully one who likes sex. Plenty of men also marry women based on socioeconomic status, in other words guys want girls who compliment them, not just some girl who follows them around and bakes cupcakes and says "how was your day Dear?" Sorry but I totally disagree with that CL posting and the equally judgmental second one. The most annoying lines are:

"What happened to all the nice guys?"
Well, once again, you did.
Translation: All the nice guys turned into jerks because of you cold hearted bitches.

So, if you're looking for a nice guy, here's what you do:
1.) Build a time machine.
2.) Go back a few years and pull your head out of your ass.
3.) Take a look at what's right in front of you and grab ahold of it.
Yes, that's right. Go back through your life and track down all of the platonic friends you ever had and just grab onto one of them. Nevermind that silly sexual chemistry thing!

I agree with Big Shot "That dude is upset. Keep him away from the live ammo."!