"What Happened To All The Nice Guys?"

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just because you disagree with me does not mean I have a problem. It's a commonly accepted fact that women like assholes. It's also well known that women don't want to admit it. Hence the discord in this thread.
commonly accepted amongst men.
commonly disputed amongst women.
so unless you're saying that the common male opinion is more valid than the common female opinion simply because it's male, thus branding yourself a misogynist, you're at a stalemate.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just because you disagree with me does not mean I have a problem. It's a commonly accepted fact that women like assholes. It's also well known that women don't want to admit it. Hence the discord in this thread.

Fine, fine. Be that way. Yes, we all love assholes.

Proof of this is the guy who was nice to me until after I slept with him and then I found out he was an asshole when I was in my early twenties. That one experience proves your theory that all women love assholes.

Hey, I knew a guy who got struck by lightening once when he was golfing, so be prepared to be struck by lightening every time you go golfing.

Happy now? Did you hear what you wanted to hear? Now go and be an asshole. :rolleyes:

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
commonly accepted amongst men.
commonly disputed amongst women.
so unless you're saying that the common male opinion is more valid than the common female opinion simply because it's male, thus branding yourself a misogynist, you're at a stalemate.

Nope, the interesting observation to be made here is that, while the men and women are trying to argue different points, they are using the same examples! Men saying that women like assholes because they fuck assholes. Women are saying that they do not like assholes, even though they fuck them.

The women are in denial, which is why they end up making desperate cragslist posts asking where all the "nice guys" are.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nope, the interesting observation to be made here is that, while the men and women are trying to argue different points, they are using the same examples! Men saying that women like assholes because they fuck assholes. Women are saying that they do not like assholes, even though they fuck them.

The women are in denial, which is why they end up making desperate cragslist posts asking where all the "nice guys" are.
if women are attracted to arseholes, why did her bf {you know, the one you keep harping on about} have to fake being nice to her in order to get her to begin the relationship with him? why did he go to the effort if he could just walk up to a woman, slap her in the face and wait for her to lay & spread?

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fine, fine. Be that way. Yes, we all love assholes.

Proof of this is the guy who was nice to me until after I slept with him and then I found out he was an asshole when I was in my early twenties. That one experience proves your theory that all women love assholes.

I wouldn't say all, but most.

That's not proof by itself, but it could be a supporting example. Did anyone try to warn you about him beforehand? Once you knew what he was really like, did you leave immediately?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Since you don't want to discuss this any further I'll assume that I hit the nail on the head. Sorry. :(

Again, your logic is hilarious.

You missed the point and brought it back to the original point that you misunderstood, making this a circular argument.

I mean I could just start reposting my first posts in this argument again, but wouldn't we just be going round and round? What's the point of that. This conversation is pointless.

Besides, I already told you what you wanted to hear. We LOVE ASSHOLES. So go be one. Be happy. You won! Yay! It'll fill your life with joy.

Last edited:

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Again, your logic is hilarious.

You missed the point and brought it back to the original point that you misunderstood, making this a circular argument.

I mean I could just start reposting my first posts in this argument again, but wouldn't we just be going round and round? What's the point of that. This conversation is pointless.

Besides, I already told you what you wanted to hear. We LOVE ASSHOLES. So go be one. Be happy. You won! Yay! It'll fill your life with joy.

What is this nonsense? What actually happened is: I asked you two pertinent questions, and you refused to answer them. I can only assume that you are embarrassed by the answers because they would support my argument. It's fine if you don't want to answer, but don't pretend this all about me and some unprecedented ideal that exists only in my own head.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What is this nonsense? What actually happened is: I asked you two pertinent questions, and you refused to answer them. I can only assume that you are embarrassed by the answers because they would support my argument. It's fine if you don't want to answer, but don't pretend this all about me and some unprecedented ideal that exists only in my own head.

Dude, I rolled my eyes because you are hopelessly projecting your issues onto other people and I thought continuing to talk to you was pointless.

I never slept with him again and I didn't speak to him for over a decade. How's that for an appropriate reaction to an asshole?

And no, no one warned me about him. I knew that he had issues with other women in the past, but who hasn't had relationship issues, and we had been friends for about 5 years, so I wasn't expecting him to treat me badly.

Seriously you have issues. Don't date anyone until you can stop inflicting your issues on other people.

You really are insecure about your point of view or else you wouldn't be pushing it so hard on other people. Studies have shown that people who lack confidence about a belief try the hardest to convince others that it's true. This has been shown to be true with various cult groups, members who are the most insecure about the wacky beliefs push their logic the hardest on others, whereas those most confident about their wacky beliefs are okay if others don't agree with them.

Last edited:

g_whiz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not sure if I want to take pearls of wisdom gleaned from Craigslist about relationships too seriously. Sorry. As for the myth of "nice guys", I think its way safer to stop and remember that people are people and have a full range of human emotions beyond "nice" or "friendly" the more we get to know people, the less lables like this apply universally. Reality's tricky that way.

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good because the routine doesn't work, at least not long term.

I would argue that it does work long-term, but not short-term. Women want a nice guy to have a long-term relationship with, to marry and take care of them and their children, etc. Women want bad boys to have wild sex with in their early 20s.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would argue that it does work long-term, but not short-term. Women want a nice guy to have a long-term relationship with, to marry and take care of them and their children, etc. Women want bad boys to have wild sex with in their early 20s.

Women want boys who are sexy and passionate to have sex with.
And the routine does not work long term because you can't keep it up.
That routine to pretend your are nice guy, want to be friends and then slowly try to develop more does not work very well in most cases. But that does not mean you can't be nice and attract women. But there is a different being nice and doing a routine to get girls.