Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When he vanished I was curious enough to do an internet search. Assuming posts on discussion boards are to be believed (I've no way of checking them) it seems that:
a) he wasn't who he said he was (and had rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way)
b) he had used photos of someone that wasn't him, and the person concerned understandably didn't like it and was taking legal action.

It seems to me that (a) is neither here nor there. Lots of people explore an alternative persona on this board. Plus rubbing people up the wrong way was almost inevitable for such a prolific poster. However (b) crosses a line because it hurts someone - the guy presented on-line as Jason Dawg. Presumably there are legal implications, and clearly the photos had to come down and this fake Jason Dawg had to go.

Jason Dawg's posts were prolific and usually entertaining. I guess he probably is back on this board with another name, though I certainly haven't spotted the Jason Dawg style yet. It seems to me he must at least be a lurker and sooner or later will establish a new persona.

I have even wondered if LPSG could be proactive on this issue. Rather than have someone posting on this board who is really Jason Dawg (but we don't know who he is because of the new persona) lets all have our eyes open. Rehabilitate this prolific poster, maybe as New Dawg or something (and of course minus the photos of someone else), so that he can satisfy his desire to post, we can be entertained, and we can avoid a repeat of the problem of someone impersonating someone else. Basically it is easier to keep an eye open for wrong behaviour if you know who someone is. As a board user I would much rather know for sure that (say) New Dawg is Jason Dawg rather than wondering whether someone whose posts I am reading might just be Jason Dawg. Rehabilitation would be safe (or safer) - not knowing is potentially dangerous. It also recognises that Jason Dawg had an on-line life which must have been important to him, and his on-line banishment may well have caused problems for him. Any punishment for his actions should be sorted by a legal process, not by a discussion board.

Of course there may be other issues around the vanishing Jason Dawg which invalidate my thoughts above. The team at LPSG must make a decision as they presumably have the facts, and they quite possibly should not share these facts with the readers of this board. Whatever LPSG do is fine by me.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't think it was JasonDawgxxx being fake that mattered, it was his attacks on other (genuine, incidentally) people that did for him, eventually.

It's not against the TOS to be a fake. It's not against the TOS to withhold information about yourself, or fail to be totally honest. But being nasty, although it's a judgement call, can be.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This IS still curious to me. That is, he had the blog link and that "defamation" going on for quite a while (MONTHS), and then suddenly, it became an issue. I mentioned it to someone "higher up the food-chain" when he very first put it up, after his early "I'm being persecuted" tantrum. I was privately told to "drop it", that there was NO issue with this, that he was highly favoured, and that I would get myself banned, if I countered or questioned him in any way. He was one of the few on my "ignore" list, added early in his career, so I missed the drama. I'm also not trying to stir any up, but I simply wonder "what changed" for him to go from "untouchable", to suspected, to questioned, to exposed, to banned.
novice_btm... moderators rarely comment on threads of this nature for reasons of deference to the privacy of the banned member. However you have brought something up that I feel deserves an answer. Since I have been a moderator there are no favored members who have protection. All of us including myself and the entire moderating staff are subject to the complying to the Terms of Service. I have been a moderator for little over six months and the ToS like laws can be reviewed and changed based on the issues that effect LPSG.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
novice_btm...
I've clarified, and expanded upon this "offline". My comment should've been selectively private from the beginning, on the specifics of this case. But generally speaking, I think generically bringing up a policy reversal in public was still acceptable.