What happens when an erect penis is pushed down too far?

Nick1424

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So one night I was in my bed going to sleep. I sleep on my stomach, my penis was erect, I stretched it downward until I heard a pop and my penis immediately deflated and went flaccid. I went to the ER a few days later, saw no bad signs. Said I probably have a suspended ligament injury. I have seen a urologist a few weeks later. He said I probably had a fracture, no way to tell. My erections are weak and my penis is slightly curved. Sometimes my penis hurts too. It's been 2 months, penis still has some pain, 30 degree curvature, weak erections. What is my problem? Just imagine pushing down on an erect penis until a pop occurs, cause that's basically what happened. Thanks

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not sure but I suspect your problem is at least partly psychological. Cognitive.

Look into penis anatomy on Wikipedia and such like.

There are basically three (I think) spongiform tubes that fill with blood. And the suspensory ligament you already know about.

There's not an awful lot more to it. A restriction that controls blood flow - under muscular / sphincter control I guess.

I think you can probably get it all working again just fine. It's to do with how minds and brains interact with your endocrine system - i.e. your sex hormones and testes.

Try to relax. Give yourself time. Check out anatomy out of interest, not fear. Let yourself loose, and find the right person to be in bed with you, helping you explore your body, and theirs, with no pressure. It's *not* a performance. It's gentle intimacy, and mutual exploration.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wasn't there an MMA fighter a few years ago that suffered a "fractured penis" or penile fracture?
Best advice see another doctor! Second opinions are always a good thing to do.
Sorry I can't offer any more than that.

Welcome to the site, I hope you find what you're looking for!

Reactions: AlteredEgo

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As strange as it may seem, a penis can break...there is no bone,
but it can fracture the fibrous coverings of the penis and leakage
can occur and cause a weak erection or worse. When it happens
you usually hear a snap sound.
My cousin "broke" his and didn't tell his parents at first, but when
it became very painful and started to bend, he told them.
It is an emergency problem so go see an urologist who specializes
in fractured penises. Otherwise scar tissue can form and it becomes
not fixable.

Good Luck.....

Keep us informed so others will know what to do and what happens.

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

What Are the Symptoms of Penile Fracture?

If you’ve fractured your penis, you’ll usually know immediately. One of the most telling symptoms is a cracking or popping sound—that’s actually the tissue tearing.

You’ll also probably lose your erection right away, similar to what happens if you stick a pin in a blown-up balloon. Then comes swelling, black-and-blue bruising, and, of course, pain. Lots and lots of pain.

If the injury also affects your urethra, you might notice blood when you urinate. This means your urethra has ripped, says Dr. Rajfer.

What Should You Do If You Fracture Your Penis?

Any of those symptoms during sex should tell you that something’s not quite right below your belt. And while it might be embarrassing to hit the emergency room with your penis problem, that’s exactly what you need to do.

The doctors at the ER can confirm your penile fracture through a clinical exam and also by tests like an urethrogram, an MRI scan, or a cavernosogram, which is an X-ray of the penis.

Occasionally, you may need a cystoscopy—a procedure in which a hollow tube equipped with a lens can look directly inside your urethra—to determine whether it’s actually torn.

You’ll usually require surgery to repair the tear in your penile tissue. And it’s important that you go under the knife within 3 days of the injury. This isn’t a wait-and-see condition—if you put it off too long, you can raise your risk of complications down the line.

I'm not a doctor but I'm sure you have other options, talk to your urologist about the likelihood of it developing into Peyronie's Disease. Don't panic its just a medical term for curvature to the penis. I have read upon men correcting peyronie's through an extender device, after all the swelling has passed and have had no further pain. Good luck and I wish you well.

Nick1424

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
any update?
Yes, I had an MRI. They said no scar tissue was found and my doctor has never heard of a suspensory ligament injury. MRI was just normal but my erections are weaker than before and erections are weaker so my erect penis was pushed down too far. I think I damaged my suspensory ligament. Any ideas or anybody with same problem?

D

deleted858776

No idea - but did you see an urologist? Some vascular injuries may not show up on an MRI after the initial injury.

When in doubt see a doctor. You can fracture your penis. You can also sprain your penis, as I did once.

Reactions: BigBen

Nick1424

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No idea - but did you see an urologist? Some vascular injuries may not show up on an MRI after the initial injury.
Yup I've seen several urologist. I've heard about suspensory ligament injuries, it's all in my head, popped a vein, etc. I'm just wondering why I'm not healed from whatever it is after all this time. My injury has fallen outside of the box.

Nick1424

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay