What happens when your partner couldn't care less?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Vordhosbn, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Vordhosbn

Vordhosbn Member

Albums:
    I've been with my boyfriend for a little over three months now. The first time we had sex, he didn't mention my size at all. He's pretty big himself, but I'm much bigger. He still doesn't really talk about my size and has said he doesn't care when I ask him what he thinks of it. He did mention that it was too thick.

My last boyfriend, before my current, LOVED my size. He was average size but short and skinny which I guess made him look bigger... anyway, he would always compliment me on my size, etc. Now, I feel like my penis has lost commodity. I feel average and miss the constant validation.

Anyone experience anything similar? I used to get annoyed when I'd have sex with someone new and their first post-sex comments would always revolve around my penis. But now, I don't have that and it kinda sucks.

2. pablovian

pablovian Member

Hahahahahaha - how pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Vordhosbn

Vordhosbn Member

Albums:

Uncalled for, but yes, I guess my "concerns" are a bit pathetic. But lets be adult here, shall we?

4. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

I think the fact that you realise you want validation is a good thing. Maybe because he is a "bigger" guy himself, he doesn't feel the need to praise you on something you were naturally blessed with.

And you also admit that you didnt like it when people did mention it, so it may be a case of "you're damned if you do..."

Parhaps try talking to him about your dick and then maybe he will commend you on your nicely sized member :)

5. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think what your b/f may mean is your size doesn't matter to him, YOU DO. He doesn't revolve his emotion and attraction to you by the dick you have. He values the person behind it more than that!!

6. CALAMBO

Gold Member

Albums:
    stephen...good answer...life is not only about dick...more about the person with a dick

7. Vordhosbn

Vordhosbn Member

Albums:
    :) XOXOXO
    Thanks.

8. B_New End

B_New End New Member

I dont think I could be 100% happy with a girl that said size doesn't matter. It would be a small annoyance.

9. Principessa

Gold Member

Not to be rude, but shouldn't this be in 'Sex With A Large Penis?'

#9 Principessa, Jul 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  10. fun30013

fun30013 Member

If you need validation for your penis, that is a concern to me. If he said he loved you, wants to be with you and shows a interest in what you are doing and what you are thinking; to me that would be the validation you should need to know that your relationship in on the right track. If you need validation for your cock, post some pics in showing off section and that should take care of that need. Expecting your partner to have to say something daily, weekly, monthly about HOW BIG you are....well that is just sad and no foundation for your relationship. Good luck!

11. lttlgrllst

lttlgrllst New Member

I can relate to your boyfriend on this. The man I am seeing likes to constantly talk about his size, measure his dick and be praised on the size. I do love that he is big but it gets old fast and sometimes is even a turnoff during sex when he starts talking about it then. It makes it seem like he is so stuck on himself he doesn't think of anyone else. Definitely a turnoff. Sorry but just being honest.

12. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    You are seeking something which he will never give to you.

You have to evaluate how important that is to you.

If your relationship is open, you can seek cock-admiration elsewhere. If not, use forums like LPSG for cock adulation!!

13. B_New End

B_New End New Member

There are physical aspects of myself I am happy I have. One of them is my big dick.

Its like women with big breasts, some of them are very proud of their big breasts. Some consider their breasts one of their best assets. Now imagine me, saying, honestly, to one of these women, as my girlfriend or wife, "Meh, I like small breasts". Its honest, but I think they might feel just a bit miffed. Like Something they think is sexy, I don't think is as sexy.

14. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    New End,

It's obviously quite OK to be proud of your dick. It's quite OK for a women to be happy she has big breasts. But if you literally fell in love with someone, would you throw them away because her breasts are not big? Would I as a gay man, throw a guy away because he doesn't have a big dick? The answer for me is no. I cannot answer for you.

I don't believe that me in my own relationship, should have to constantly validate my man's being by saying to him over and over how big his dick is. My partner happens to have quite a large dick, but it wasn't his dick at all that attracted me to him. And it won't be his big dick that keeps me either. Yeah, he could go elsewhere and have many relationships I suppose that will constantly validate to him about how big his dick is, so be it if that is what he wants.

My man means a lot to me because of who he is. I won't say dick size doesn't matter at all but in the whole scheme of things it is far down on my list of the most important things that my man have. Actually, if I fall in love with him as a person, yeah I suppose there are some of us who really don't care about how big his dick is. I guess I"m one of those.

There are so many other qualities in a man that I find much more desirable than a big dick. If he didn't have those qualities, his big dick wouldn't be what keeps me in the relationships. His actions and his words would be.

Kinda shallow a bit I think and I don't say that to you to mean offense at all. Perhaps I mean it in a sense that I would hope that if you ever marry "the woman" that she is marrying you for 100 other reasons besides your dick size.

15. B_New End

B_New End New Member

:mad:
    You should read my post before responding.

I didn't say anything about throwing anyone away. And I said I like small breasts.

:mad:

annoying.

I want dick size to be one of those 100 reasons. I want a woman that likes a big dick, that gets turned on by a big dick, that tells me she prefers a big dick. Yup, I do. And its more than just because I need the ego boost, its also because I believe women who are like that have a stronger physical desire for sex.

16. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sorry I "annoyed" you. I did read your post and the most recent one above. I would hope you find a woman that gets turned on by you, and gets more turned on when you are in bed because she is deep into you. I DO wish that for you.

I don't believe that woman into big dick have a stronger physical desire for sex at all. I believe she could yes, but you are seemingly equating her need for a big dick with someone that can fuck your brains out instead of taking it to another level emotionally.

Why not have both?

I'd take a person who loved me for me regardless of my dick size, over someone who placed high on her list he must have a big dick.

I didn't misread. I find the whole "big dick" mentality sometimes annoying.

17. B_New End

B_New End New Member

I dont care what you think about my head, or what goes on it, or what I like about myself, and what I hope someone else can appreciate.

Why not have both? Like I said, 100% happy. I called it "small annoyance"
    Which you elevated to "throwing someone away", just to come at me.

Thats annoying.

capice?

18. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually New End you are right. It's your head, what goes on in it is yours. I simply was trying to get through perhaps another idea to you, one you apparently you didn't like. I don't know you at all, why you would even think I would "come at you" for whatever reasons goes on in your head, I suppose is your problem. All I tried to do was get past an issue in this thread; the OP said his partner now doesn't comment much about his size. I commented to him and I commented to you on your post within his thread. I say what I think and sometimes I read between lines, sometimes correctly and sometimes incorrectly. I stand by my words and if you want to take that as "coming at you" so be it. I have a thing about telling people if they piss me off. And they would know immediately that they did so. All I did was try to get you to look more inside yourself. It didn't work or you don't agree that's OK by me.

Sarcasm isn't necessarily in a civil thread. I'll leave it there.

19. D_Coyne Toss

D_Coyne Toss New Member

Everybody needs to be appreciated and complimented by the partner. And maybe, since size does not increase sexual pleasure, being hung is all about bing said: "wow, that's huge!".

Many of us are here in the LPSG also for this, and I do agree that for many of us it is very important to the selfesteem to be appreciated for our manhood. It is not about being a man, which means much more, but about being a male.

Back o the topic, not getting complments by the partner on a feature we feel important, or we are proud of, can be indeed annoying.

Then, how much the problem is important depends on how the rest of the relatonship works. Does he show you his love? Does he appreciate you in any other way? Do you feel loved? Is sex satisfying for the both of you?

And, fundamental, do you love him? Do you show him love?

He is big too, do you compliment his size? I mean, if you don't, you can't expect unilateral compliments.

20. B_New End

B_New End New Member

I don't know where you saw sarcasm, I thought I was being fairly blunt. Its cool... I just don't like words put in my mouth.

Right back at ya, buddy.

Draft saved Draft deleted