What Happiness DOES Money Buy?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Like many have stated already...

I think money doesn't give you any happiness per se. What it does give you are options - more choices in life. Happiness lies ulitmately with you and what you do with your choices but having more choices makes the odds better.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Everything than can be said about this pretty much has been. It's never a bad thing to have more than enough money. The people who say "money can't buy happiness" are usually the same people who wish they had lots of money to spend on all kinds of unnecessary stuff. It's kind of hypocritical.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't believe it buys happiness. I DO, however, believe that it makes happiness easier to attain.

1) More money=less stress over bills and being broke. Less stress=more happiness. Less stress=better body=more self-worth=more happiness. More money=Healthier food (healthy fodd, in america, is more expensive)=healthier body=healthier mind=happiness. :p

2) Money is the seed of all happiness. :3

3) I like having new things. Sure, it's kind of a void-filler but the temporary happiness is still gained through the use of money.

I could think of other examples but meh, you get my point.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it's much harder to be happy if you're wondering where your next meal is coming from or if you're under threat of eviction. Money isn't that important, unless you don't have any.

Tell me about it! I don't have a problem at this time with where my next meal is coming from, but I would have been evicted if my parents hadn't given me money. I hated having to ask them...they don't have a lot of money either. I am now free from eviction for another month. But I don't know what next month will bring.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For me, no amount of money can buy happiness.

Probably not, but I'd sure like to try it...

I don't believe it buys happiness. I DO, however, believe that it makes happiness easier to attain.

1) More money=less stress over bills and being broke. Less stress=more happiness. Less stress=better body=more self-worth=more happiness. More money=Healthier food (healthy fodd, in america, is more expensive)=healthier body=healthier mind=happiness. :p

2) Money is the seed of all happiness. :3

3) I like having new things. Sure, it's kind of a void-filler but the temporary happiness is still gained through the use of money.

I could think of other examples but meh, you get my point.

LOVE of money is also the root of all evil...

atlas23

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Money doesn't buy happiness but it does help you be happy. It sounds contradictory but I guess it will depend on what you are using your money. I think a million dollars on my bank account won't make me happy. The good that I can do with that money will make me extremely happy.
That's just my thinking.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't think that money can actually buy happiness, but it can give you freedom from many of life's struggles. It can provie opportunities
that make happiness more attainable. But it is up to the individual to
make good use of these opportunities and the power that money can provide. If you squander these chance opportunities, then it is of no
help and can bring unhappiness. Also, too much money can bring extra problems and unhappiness with it.

I have a number of relatives and friends that will never have to worry about their next meal, and certainly will never have to worry about having enough money to spend, nor will they ever have to worry about working for a living. Their ancestors, grandfathers, or fathers, made this possible. Some use their wealth well and are "normal" and very happy, but their happines is of their own doing and not of their ancestors or the money provided to them. However, others are miserable, always finding fault with everything and everyone. I doubt if they ever will be truly happy. Such a waste!

I agree with YourAvgGuy regarding "What is Happiness," and Earllogjam
that it "makes the odds better."

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I had a thought today along the lines of "if I had a million dollars," and it went like this:
At first we'd want to do all the socially conscious things like pay for that drug rehab center or build that beautiful park where people could enjoy the out of doors. Then we think, "what if I invest it well, and I can pay for both the center AND the park!" So, we start investing in things that aren't so socially conscious (or that we simply don't know that much about) and we start falling into the stock holder mentality (Wal-Mart has low prices and might be a good investment, and we conveniently overlook the fact that they treat their people like shit and run other businesses out of town). Soon, we're part of the problem and not getting any closer to being part of the solution...

Oh, so, does money buy happiness? As a number of people have posted, it can buy the security from which it is easier to reach happiness. However, it is a mistake to think that money in and of itself will buy happiness. It can be a factor but not the reason.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
money doesn't = happiness

happiness is a state of mind

having peace of mind can come from having money, but having money can destroy your peace of mind.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was wondering if there are any here that perhaps this isn't the case and that you have found the contrary to be true. That money does buy happiness.

What has been your experience.

What happiness does money buy? Are rich people happier?

Money can lessen your worries but NOT settle your worries in life. I think that there are happy people in all classes of life at certain moments. I think that we aren't EVER truly happy. I wish I knew how to be happy. I guess that I would have choose happiness while having non-happy moments and situations in life. Like the old adage..."When life offers you lemons...make some great lemonade."