What Have You Made That You Were Dead Impressed With :)

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can hear me sing, though...click the signature below.

Damn man, you have an AWESOME voice and an AMAZING set of chompers! I am a pretty big Alicia fan and you did a GREAT job!!

what does "owned" mean? :smile:

American slang for "being bested" at something, it is how the young kidz talk.

A few of my drawings and paintings have turned out quite well.

Scan em' in and let us have a look please...

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hm. I don't know what this says about me, if anything, but I can't think of a damn thing that I've made or created that I'm proud of. lol. I've made things, sure, but none of them turned out super great. I always saw improvements that could've been made, but I never bugged myself about them.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I'm dead impressed, too, with that vid!

I'm impressed with the business I've 'made' here in Perth. Have 11+ staff that are kept employed, happy clients, and lots of medical community referrals. Not quite like making a wedding cake for a daughter (which, btw, impresses the shit out of me Princess) but is a constant sense of wonder to me that it is all going so well...and that I did it!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do have pics of the cake but they're proper old fashioned pics and I have no scanner, I'll see if I can somehow take a pic of a pic with my digital camera and somehow put that on - a lot of somehows there :)

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
what does "owned" mean? :smile:

Not only did you completely trump my post while I was writing it, but now you mock me??? I must challenge thee to a dual, villain.

P.S. to Tripod: I wish I had pictures of the dalek, but it's gone gone. The lady took it and never sent me a picture of her with it. Jerkass. I'm thinking of building one for Halloween out of a garbage can, but I don't know if I can do it... If not, I'm making me Samus' Chozo suit.

God damn I'm a nerd.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Not only did you completely trump my post while I was writing it, but now you mock me??? I must challenge thee to a dual, villain.

P.S. to Tripod: I wish I had pictures of the dalek, but it's gone gone. The lady took it and never sent me a picture of her with it. Jerkass. I'm thinking of building one for Halloween out of a garbage can, but I don't know if I can do it... If not, I'm making me Samus' Chozo suit.

God damn I'm a nerd.

Ooh ooh ooh! Use that garbage can to dress up as "The Grouch" for Halloween!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I like to draw and this a charcoal I did several years ago in the atrium of the Vancouver library. It was tough because there are several vanishing points in the perspective. The library itself is a glass cube surrounded by a curved outer build reminiscent of the Roman coliseum. I don't draw people very well I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

I'm not dead impressed, but I thought I'd share it.

Attachments

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nice one Vince, I'd love to be able to draw. I always say I'm not artistic if anyone asks but I'm not artistic in a traditional sense but I can do things like improvise (I can't sew well) Elizabethan fancy dress costumes and my kids always won the McDonalds Egg Competition (I know I wasn't supposed to do their eggs but all the mums did).

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Nice one Vince, I'd love to be able to draw. I always say I'm not artistic if anyone asks but I'm not artistic in a traditional sense but I can do things like improvise (I can't sew well) Elizabethan fancy dress costumes...
You should post a pic of yourself in one if you have any. :smile:

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I design websites and sometimes I'll make one that really stands out from the crowd, one that's super nice visually and has a ton of features. That gives me a sense of satisfaction to the point where I'm pretty impressed with myself at times - especially when I sell one that I've made and it brings in much more than it cost me to make it.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They were for my kids MB for school fancy dress events - I did an Elizabethan ball gown, a Cinderella dress, King Arthur, the White Witch, Ali Baba and I can't remember which others.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like to draw and this a charcoal I did several years ago in the atrium of the Vancouver library. It was tough because there are several vanishing points in the perspective. The library itself is a glass cube surrounded by a curved outer build reminiscent of the Roman coliseum. I don't draw people very well I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

I'm not dead impressed, but I thought I'd share it.

That's an awesome perspective piece. I was horrible in life drawing too. My instructor hiring only hung, fit lads didn't really help my concentration either...but really good piece.

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We used to have a square dining room table that comfortably sat four and which had leaf extensions that pulled out to form a rectangle that sat eight or more. The design of the table meant it came apart which was convenient for spring cleaning as it could easily be stacked outside along with the dining room chairs while cleaning was in progress. It was in this situation that I found the furniture one summer’s day, arriving back home towards dinnertime and entering through the back gate.

A couple of the chairs had been laid horizontal with their front legs on the grass, their backs uppermost and their sturdy free fitting seat cushions, designed to be lifted out, lying on the ground. At first it looked just like a pile of jumbled parts, but then through the higaldy-pigaldy, an image formed in my mind. By simply manoeuvring the chairs so as the top edge of the backrests touched and laying another two adjacent in a similar fashion and sticking out each sides, I formed a cross shape; the feet of the chairs kind of facing like north, south, east and west. In the middle, the thin wooden slats of the chair backs making it almost like a cage, was a hollow. As the backs of the chairs didn’t overlap, the cross wasn’t symmetric; the two I had added on only butting up and their span being greater. At the end of one of these I placed the stout table frame, laying it so two of the legs ran along the ground and the other two parallel up in the air. Next came the tabletop on its edge between the legs of the frame, like a big fin, and supported by a couple more chairs.

The two leaf extensions I laid along the backs of the two chairs that had their top rails touching and suddenly it was complete; I had built my own fighter aircraft! Pulling the font chair out I climbed into the cockpit and squatted down, sticking my legs through the opening in the chair where the cushion normally fitted. Just like the canopy of a spitfire I slid the chair towards me, the top closing before I taxied down the garden path and took off into the bright sunlit sky.

I put the aircraft through it’s paces, loop the loop and victory rolls before spotting bandits at twenty-five to one and was suddenly aware that in my haste to get air born I’d forgotten to install any armaments. There was nothing for it but to try and out run them and I opened up the throttle. Whether one of the bandits got me with a lucky shot or my testing had been too sever for the old girl, I’m still not sure, but one of the wings fell off. I had to fight the controls and began wondering if an emergency landing might be too risky and I should bailout. I never did make the decision though, for suddenly mother was on the doorstep calling me in for something to eat and to go in straight away and wash my hands; well I was only eight.

The thing is as I climbed out of my ‘Spit’ everything I’d imagined felt as though it had really happened making me all tingly and excited and the first thing I had to do was go use the toilet. Although this is just a childhood memory, it is nonetheless a very powerful one that has survived where others more recent events have been forgotten and I’m sure that memory is the reason I’ve become so expressive with my hands. Everything I do is an art form and although I have striven to be the best I can at anything I do, in some instances wining top accolades, nothing has ever given me quite the same satisfaction or sense of achievement as building that old Spit.

Sorry it’s been so long winded and if you’ve stuck with it till the bitter end, please award yourself the CDM

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
I've recorded 3 or 4 albums (depending on if you count the 2 EPs as one album) with a couple of my friends. The latest is SO fucking good; I am REALLY proud of my bass line on our "funk" song -- so tasty!

It kills me that I can't let you guys hear it...

njreg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Every year I make a quilt and donate it to my parents' church to be raffled off as a fundraiser. Last year's quilt turned out so nice that it was designated as the "bonus" quilt (out of 8 choices) and was sold at a higher ticket price and made quite a bit more money for them.

I already have several made and donated for future fundraisers but am always planning the next project.