What Have You Made That You Were Dead Impressed With :)

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Two sweet, kind, funny, intelligent, gorgeous sons. No song I've written, no painting I've painted, no piece of furniture I've built, nothing compares to them.

I always new there was a sweet side to your horse's ass postings. :tongue:

I've done a lot of things I was pleased with but can't name just one. I landscaped my parents yard, and it became the show place of the neighborhood. Strangers would stop and compliment me. They'd tell me how much they enjoyed driving past my parents home.

I've made some pretty awesome food creations.

I guess it might not count as something I made but my music in both voice, and piano used to get raves. I had a man tell me hearing me play was like listening to a symphony. Other peeps have been near me, and just stopped to here me sing. When I start singing, song birds will gather around me, and sing along. I guess I'm pretty happy about that.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
I finished writing a novel. Granted, I wasn't happy with the end product, but that's my fault for tweaking the storyline too much as I went along and creating plot chasms.
Now I've developed a different storyline to the point that I could write an entire series.

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
with no prior experience, re-did my kitchen this year. armed with instructions and the book "home improvement 1-2-3," built the cabinets, installed 'em, did the plumbing, the whole she-bang!

the little things are so satisfying: there's not one seam visible in the countertop (thanks to a lot of thought beforehand and being VERY insistent with the granite installers). a strategically placed dab of clear caulk on a door knob unobtrusively prevents it from scratching the dishwasher when the door is fully opened. the intricate yet elegant water filtration system feeds not only the amazing franke tri-flow faucet i got for 1/6 the price of new, but also the fridge, so an in-fridge filter isn't required. can ya tell i'm the product of two anal-retentive german parents...? lol

p.s. the backsplash (my first tilework ever) is my reason for not attending the recent LPSG New York get-together--was smack dab in the middle of it.

p.p.s. the "before" pic is as i first beheld the room before buying the place.

Attachments

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wow wowniceone! That looks really awesome. My company designs and builds megayacht interiors, and I want to congratulate you on a job well done. Twelve years ago I redid my own kitchen, so I know the effort you have put in to this.

What kind of tiles are those?

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
most proud of... I put myself thru college twice on my own...second degree I was valedictorian, not only out of my class but overall valedictorian of my entire college. :)

*just don't tell anyone...will ruin the dumb jock image. :tongue:

Attachments

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
with no prior experience, re-did my kitchen this year. armed with instructions and the book "home improvement 1-2-3," built the cabinets, installed 'em, did the plumbing, the whole she-bang!

the little things are so satisfying: there's not one seam visible in the countertop (thanks to a lot of thought beforehand and being VERY insistent with the granite installers). a strategically placed dab of clear caulk on a door knob unobtrusively prevents it from scratching the dishwasher when the door is fully opened. the intricate yet elegant water filtration system feeds not only the amazing franke tri-flow faucet i got for 1/6 the price of new, but also the fridge, so an in-fridge filter isn't required. can ya tell i'm the product of two anal-retentive german parents...? lol

p.s. the backsplash (my first tilework ever) is my reason for not attending the recent LPSG New York get-together--was smack dab in the middle of it.

p.p.s. the "before" pic is as i first beheld the room before buying the place.

Wow, wowniceone, that is extremely impressive... Good work!

most proud of... I put myself thru college twice on my own...second degree I was valedictorian, not only out of my class but overall valedictorian of my entire college. :)

*just don't tell anyone...will ruin the dumb jock image. :tongue:

OCMuscleJock, that's awesome! Congratulations. A gorgeous man who is smart! Wow, well, I'm fawning.... :tongue::biggrin1:

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
for my niece's first birthday, i made her a 20 page scrapbook and included all the photos i could find of her from the day she was born. scrapbooks can take months to do and i only had one week to put it together. during that week i worked on it day and night and was also organizing her birthday party. after putting together the finishing touches, the scrapbook turned out to be more than i had imagined. my niece is 2-1/2 yrs. old now and has a better understanding of the scrapbook. the best part, she absolutely loves it and she knows it's from me.

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
Wow wowniceone! That looks really awesome. My company designs and builds megayacht interiors, and I want to congratulate you on a job well done. Twelve years ago I redid my own kitchen, so I know the effort you have put in to this.

What kind of tiles are those?

wow, thanks vince; coming from you, is a real compliment!

the tile is ceramica magica gallery, tate green muretto. attached is a close-up.

everyone else: your accomplishments are so awesome--thanks for sharing them!

Attachments

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
With very little start-up money I have carved out a substantial investment portfolio.
I have devoloped property, brought shares and invested in offering finance to start up privatley held companies.
What spurred me?
A ex-husband who tried to bankrupt me and wanting the very best for my children.
I am proud of the fact that I used none of my families influence, pull or contacts.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
With very little start-up money I have carved out a substantial investment portfolio.
I have devoloped property, brought shares and invested in offering finance to start up privatley held companies.
What spurred me?
A ex-husband who tried to bankrupt me and wanting the very best for my children.
I am proud of the fact that I used none of my families influence, pull or contacts.

"you never really know a person until you divorce them."

is the saying true?

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks Wow and Sim :) *blush*

I'm actually VERY impressed with the kitchen remodel Wow... I'm SOOOO into that kinda stuff... I'm bad...i use my DVR on TLC and the Home and Garden channel so i can watch all the building and design shows. hahaha

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
OC I am so impressed with you Darlin'.
I can only wish the very best for you in what ever you do.
Know that I am here to give moral support.
A shoulder to cry on or someone to cheer loudly at your successes.
You are, as far as I'm concerned, one of my inner circle of friends.
Hugs,
Dragonfly

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OC I am so impressed with you Darlin'.
I can only wish the very best for you in what ever you do.
Know that I am here to give moral support.
A shoulder to cry on or someone to cheer loudly at your successes.
You are, as far as I'm concerned, one of my inner circle of friends.
Hugs,
Dragonfly

Thanks Dragonfly!!!*hug* you're one stellar lady!