What Have You Made That You Were Dead Impressed With :)

Say what you will but I crochet beanies, blankets, and the like

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The last time I was in Australia I bought a couple of batik fabrics and have been obsessed with learning how to do it. (I've been reading and practicing techniques) this is my first attempt. I'm gong to seal the colors today so they are fast and won't bleed.

Attachments

The batik I'm staring tomorrow is going to be the sun. I said to my other half that I would do my best in life to give him the sun, the moon and the stars.

Oi, we need those things too. If you give them to your other half, it's gonna be a little dark ya know.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oi, we need those things too. If you give them to your other half, it's gonna be a little dark ya know.

Well we are already living on the other side of the moon (If you don't know what that means google it) It was actually explained to me once as living your life in the second half of your moon.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nudey, that's AWESOME. How did you learn how to do batik?

Oh thank you! I bought one and studied it for a long time and then I went out and bought supplies! (I've thrown a couple of disasters away) It's been an education to say the least in terms of mixing dye colors.

To me....I'm impressed with my ability to want to try new things constantly. It might take me awhile to get it done right but it gets done.

For ex: red velvet cheesecake was a task for me but with some encouragement I stuck with it. And after about 4 tries it was made to my personal liking. It was impressed how great it all came together.