What Hg do you pump at?

BignSEohio

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen numerous people say you shouldn't pump above 5Hg, while i've also seen a lot of people say they pump at around 10Hg. Obviously this is a huge difference. I've even seen people quote "no pain no gain" (which i'm pretty sure is bad advice).

So, how much Hg do you take it to and for how long? also, feel free to comment on why 5Hg is too little/much or if 10Hg is too little/much.

darkone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everyone is different and depending on how long they have been pumping you might need higher HG. Like 2-3 HG isn't enough for me I have to have around 5-6HG to get just the right pump with no fluid buildup.

But yes 5HG is roughly the recommended pressure for pumping safely and for possible gains (over time... months/years)

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not a pumper, so someone fill me in, please...

Are these Hg measurements absolute, or below ambient pressure? I'm guessing it's relative to the ambient pressure - the higher number is the stronger vacuum.

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I pump between 3 - 4hg and often in excess of 8 hours. I'm also restoring my foreskin and the advice for that is low sustained tension. I’ve heard that a number of other restorers have also experienced gains in the length of their penises while restoring. Likewise guys over at thunders are now adopting low tension for gains. If anything, high tension can have an adverse effect on gains, so I’m quite happy with 3 – 4.

Reactions: NateicusPumper

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hg=Inches of Mercury

I generally pump from 2-5Hg. As I pack the tube, I reduce the pressure.
I understand what inches of mercury is. Standard pressure is 760 mmHg (about 299 inches). My question was, when pumers refer to 5 Hg, do they mean 5 Hg inside the tube, or 294 Hg inside the tube? An absolute pressure of 2 inches of mercury seems like it would cause some severe damage, whereas 297 would not...

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I understand what inches of mercury is. Standard pressure is 760 mmHg (about 299 inches). My question was, when pumers refer to 5 Hg, do they mean 5 Hg inside the tube, or 294 Hg inside the tube? An absolute pressure of 2 inches of mercury seems like it would cause some severe damage, whereas 297 would not...

Wow, that is way over my head! lol!! I thought that the wikipedia entry could answer your question. I don't mean to be an idiot and make more work for you, but could you explain what you mean by absolute pressure? I pump a hell of a lot and would like to know exactly what is going on inside my tube. There is another number on the gauge though... 3in.Hg is also -10 kpa? Can that point you in the right direction?

Okay... I looked it up, kpa is a unit of measurement called the Pascal. Is -10kpa equal to -10% absolute atmospheric pressure?

Now I know why you were confused by the 5 inches of Mercury shit. It seems that is the actual pressure that is removed from the tube and the absolute pressure would be somewhere at -17% absolute atmospheric pressure inside of the tube for a reading of 5 inches of Mercury on the gauge? I might have fucked this conversion up though...

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:biggrin1: Sorry, tripod, I didn't mean to hijack this thread into a physics discussion. The OP just caught me off guard. I realize now that the measurement is lowering the pressure inside the tube "by 5 inches mercury," not lowering it "to 5 inches of mercury."

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:biggrin1: Sorry, tripod, I didn't mean to hijack this thread into a physics discussion. The OP just caught me off guard. I realize now that the measurement is lowering the pressure inside the tube "by 5 inches mercury," not lowering it "to 5 inches of mercury."

I am really glad that you asked because I thought that the pressure inside the tube was 5 inches of Mercury... I'll bet a lot of pumpers did too. Thanx DC! :smile:

18t

1st Like
Media
Pumping is penis suicide. You end up with a mangled looking cock ( example ) when you do that/cock rings/stretching/jelquing. 99% of the PE methods suggested on this site are cardiovascular suicide for your member and lead to some degree of ED. The only effective and healthy way to do PE (and in a lot of cases reverse ED) is to do massive amounts of PC muscle exercises.

w1llber

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pumping is penis suicide. You end up with a mangled looking cock ( example ) when you do that/cock rings/stretching/jelquing. 99% of the PE methods suggested on this site are cardiovascular suicide for your member and lead to some degree of ED. The only effective and healthy way to do PE (and in a lot of cases reverse ED) is to do massive amounts of PC muscle exercises.
I think its like most things, if you do it to excess it can be dangerous. If you dont research and use correct form it can be dangerous. To be honest since doing pe my erections if anything are stronger, definately bigger, morning wood is even more frequent, my cock in no way looks un natural and my sexual performance is still top notch haha :tongue:

Reactions: derrickboy

18t

1st Like
Media
Whatever floats your boat.... But, everyone here knows (or should know) that pumping only gets you temporary gains. Once you stop, after a few weeks/months youll be back to the way you were. This is a fact, and I know from experience. So, you gotta ask yourself..... "Am I really gunna pump for the rest of my life to sustain my size?" There are bigger things in this world to worry about other than your penis. Im glad you practice restraint.... But, its very sad to read about some guys here who dedicate so much time and effort to PE. It consumes them. Very, very sad, and in a lot of cases dangerous.

Robiqe2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I usually pump at 8Hg pretty quick. As I pack my tube I reduce the pressure to five. And 18t, those are pictures of over-pumping. One should never pump above being able to achieve an erection. I never pump for more than just over an hour. Eight hour pumping sessions really are just for show.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
what's Hg mean? I was thinking HazelGod. "I pump at 5 HazelGods" LOL sorry....:tongue:

B_leap247

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what's Hg mean? I was thinking HazelGod. "I pump at 5 HazelGods" LOL sorry....:tongue:

OMG, I hope i'm not upsetting the hazelgods! lol.

I just started pumping a week ago and 4-5hg seemes to be a pretty good start. I might go to 7-8hg after a couple months depending on how it feels, but I don't think I would ever use 10hg.

As far as tube sizes....should you keep your tube untill you are consistantly packing it (girth wise) before you get a bigger one or should you move up when you start to pack it to the walls of the tube so that you can still achieve gains?

Will you still get gains when you start to pack the tube full or not till you move up and have a little room?

onlygettinbigger

Experimental Member
Media
I feel as though the question has been answerd fairly well but I will toss my .02 in anyway.

My preferred vacuum depends on what and how I am pumping.

Penis Pumping:
Wet - 3 to 6 Hg
Dry - 4 to 8 Hg

Balls and Penis Pumping:
Wet - 2 to 4 Hg
Dry - 3 to 5 Hg

Sometimes for all of those I will for very short (<10 seconds) I will pump the vaccum up to near or at 10Hg but never do I stay that high. TOO DANGEROUS for me at least.

I use a Velseal Custom tube for penis pumping and an Acrylic Sun Tea Jar for the whole package. Both have cushy protective silicone seals around the lip so there is never tube to skin contact.

18t...this is a very good point...only through dedicated pumping combined with other PE regimens will you realize any permanent gains. That being said who wouldn't love having a package that would make a full grown bull blush even if its just for a couple of days?

onlygettinbigger

Experimental Member
Media
As far as tube sizes....should you keep your tube untill you are consistantly packing it (girth wise) before you get a bigger one or should you move up when you start to pack it to the walls of the tube so that you can still achieve gains?

Will you still get gains when you start to pack the tube full or not till you move up and have a little room?

Sorry I missed this in my last post...

If you are going for GIRTH ONLY then yes when you pack the tube girth wise you can move up to a new tube size preferably in .25 - .50 diameter increases.

However, if you are going for length you should know you are not realizing much length progress until you pack girth wise....so constantly upgrading your tube whenever you pack girthwise will never accomplish your length goals.

Basic Rule: Girth increases much much faster than length...be patient and honest with yourself when buying and using your pumping equipment.