What is a Bigger Turnoff ladies?

HunginSI

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok here goes... I am fat, bald and short, but well hung. Many years of neglect on my part. bald and short I can't help but.... I am curious as to know what is most of a turn off for a woman ? The shortness The Fatness or the baldness or if there is an "other".
Thanks for your replies.

mintjulep

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't mind bald at all, nor short. Fat is a turnoff for me. Also tells me probably the person is unmotivated, lazy and (to agree with Bronx), low self-image and I like guys who are self-assured and strong.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Absolutely nothing wrong with bald...it
looks sexy when a guy just shaves it
completely.

Nothing against short either if a guy
has a winning personality.

Fat however means you don't respect
your body.

I love facial hair on men...moustache,
goatee...very sexy.

HunginSI

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok that brings me to another question, From what WT says I guess I should be shaving it all off instead of that ring around my head. Ladies???
What do you think?
again thanks for all the responses

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think every single lady that responded (with the exception of Bronx) stated that fat = turnoff. None really minded short, none really minded bald. So if you want to 'change' your looks and be more attractive with women (or even better health reasons), I would go with getting rid of the fat. Shaving your head is just a short term fix.

HunginSI

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok I hear what you ladies are saying and I appreciate it NOW
Where do I start witht he weight loss any suggestions????
Guys or Girls anyone????

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
HunginSI said:
Guys or Girls anyone????

Despite all the ads you'll see on TV/magazines/etc. there is a simple tried and true method of losing weight: eat right and exercise!

I don't know what kind of lifestyle you are leading with regards to diet and exercise, but I'm sure there are lots of changes you can make. They don't have to be drastic - just incremental - baby steps.

Diet:
- ditch the junk food - chips/soda/etc
- feeling snacky? eat carrots/veggies
- limit your portions
- take your time eating - it's easy to overeat before your body realized it's full
- drink lots of water

Exercise:
- can you walk/bike/jog to work? before/after work?
- some people like to join a gym since it provides motivation (you paid for it)
- a favorite of mine: do sit-ups/push-ups during commercial breaks (don't be a couch potato)
- find an exercise partner - it'll help motivate you
- lifting weights is good to, but for fat burning, aerobic/cardio works better/faster

Just some suggestions to get you started!

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When was the last time you had a physical? You need to get your blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol checked before you undertake any kind of diet/exercise regime. Work with your doctor.

Otherwise, RideRocket has good suggestions. But see a doctor first!

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
FWIW, here's what worked for me:

#1 - Go to the gym... Start with 45 minutes of cardio 5 days a week & about an hour of weights 3 times a week. Change up your weight routine about once a month. Change up your cardio routine every season. Get a trainer if you can afford it - at least until you know what you're doing. If not, ask people you see at the gym regularly for workout tips - not the body builders, those guys are too crazy for you. It will really help to be accountable to someone else, whether it's a trainer, a workout buddy, a spouse, even a co-worker. This person has to see you on a regular basis and be committed enough to give you loads of crap when you slack off and congratulate you when you get results.

#2 - Don't eat big meals - more smaller meals will support your metabolism better. I'm talking about five, six, or even seven meals a day. It's all about evening out and monitoring your calorie intake. Ask your doctor about your daily calorie requirements or get a referral to a dietician. It's best if you can talk him or her in to actually doing a quick test. The doctor's formula and my test results were off by nearly 900 calories. Fad diets are temporary at best.

#3 - It's damn near impossible to drink too much water, but you should try to every day.

#4 - Take a good multivitamin. I've heard Centrum is crap - very little gets absorbed. I suggest this because I've also heard that working out can weaken the immune system when you first start working out.

#5 - Pills, meal bars, shakes - none of them helped me enough to justify the cost.

Talk with your doctor before starting any exercise program or diet. You can either jump in with both feet or add something new every month or so... If you're a slow starter, write down when you start the next phase or circle it on your calendar so you're accountable.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Fredneck1951 said:
When was the last time you had a physical? You need to get your blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol checked before you undertake any kind of diet/exercise regime. Work with your doctor.

Otherwise, RideRocket has good suggestions. But see a doctor first!

YES! ABSOLUTELY! Sorry I forgot to mention this.

mintjulep

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you're overweight, it's very difficult to quit eating and start on an exercise program. Know, been there done that. The secret for me was yoga. A friend gave me a beginner's yoga tape by Rodney Yee. It's not that yoga will drop the weight, but it is a fairly painless way to start stretching muscles that you will use when you do start exercising. You don't need any equipment and can do easily at home. Mat is nice, and I like using a web yoga belt, can find all at Wally World. And you really do feel good after about 15-20 minutes of simple yoga manuevers.

Yoga gets the muscles warmed up and eventually I found I really WANTED to get back on the treadmill and out walking and jogging after about 2 weeks of hit and miss yoga days. Give it a try, rent a yoga video. It's for both men and women, BTW. Nothin' sissie about it, trust me.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There was a yoga show on Oxygen early early in the morning with good music... This was about a 6 months ago. I don't get cable anymore so I'm not sure if they still air it.

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ride's tips are excellent.

I'd add two little things...
be conscious of everything you eat.
You'd be surprised how quickly the
calories can add up every day.

The nice weather will be upon us
soon. Start walking...or biking...
you must do something to kick
start you metabolism and don't
get discouraged.

Good luck!

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll just add 1 thing to the suggestions that have been made - late night snacks are a killer. Don't eat after 7 PM or 3 hrs before you go to bed, whichever is earlier.
And yeah, I agree with a lot of what's been said - baldness is really no big deal to me. Shortness isn't a big deal unless as long as a guy is at least as tall as me, and I'm 5 foot 5.5 in. But rotundity is a turnoff. A man's body should be an object of lust.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Height isn't something I ever really noticed in a guy, and I'm 5'8". I guess dating Mini-Me might be a challenge, but when height has come up before, it's been from the guy (a 6' guy told someone else that I was too tall for him to date).

In terms of hair loss, just go with it. If you want to shave your head, that's fine, just no combovers or (yikes) hairpieces, please.

I would also say that obesity is a turnoff (not to mention unhealthy). I know there are different reasons why people are overweight, but if you can't be bothered to care about your appearance, then why should I? If you want to get in shape, getting exercise will keep your metabolism motoring along and will help you lose weight faster than dieting alone. As others have suggested, get a check-up if it's been awhile and then check out all the (sensible) options for losing weight and choose one that's right for you. The bottom line is you need to take in fewer calories each day than you expend.

Good luck!

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Hungin:

To quote my free weights manual, if doing cardio, you really need to "work at it". If you're too comfortable at doing something, then you need to up it a little, to make it tougher, ideally on a scale from 1-10, you should aim for an 8 or 9, otherwise you're just warming up.

BUT.

Warming up and "down" is very important. Some people are too rapid to dive into a programme and then cause some damage. I'm cursed in that my body takes ages to react, but then I just go on-and-on, once I'm past the "stress barrier". I am in your shoes in that I could loose a few, but it's about gloating that "I still have it" that keeps me motivated.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
HunginSI said:
Guys or Girls anyone????
fatmanslim.com or weight watchers. These are the sanest I've seen. More importantly, get moving. When I don't exercise, I get depressed and my bod gets soft.

fit_at_50

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
SurferGirlCA said:
In terms of hair loss, just go with it. If you want to shave your head, that's fine, just no combovers or (yikes) hairpieces, please.
Ladies, correct me if I'm wrong but baldness seems to be a turn off if the guy is overweight and/or not fit. If he is lean and ripped it seems to not be such a negative and may, in fact, be a turn on. It apparently is for my wife.:wink:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mintjulep said:
I don't mind bald at all, nor short. Fat is a turnoff for me. Also tells me probably the person is unmotivated, lazy and (to agree with Bronx), low self-image and I like guys who are self-assured and strong.

Please don't tell people this post is in agreement with mine. I think it perpetuates certain prejudices I speak out against, and I do not wish to be associated with it. No offense intended. Many fit people tell fat people that they are fat because they are lazy, sloppy, unmotivated, greedy, self-effacing, and many other things that just are not generally true. When I was obese, I was none of those things. I simply was ignorant of proper nutrition. I ate what my family ate, and I ate too much of it. At Weight Watchers, the other men and women at my meetings basically had the same issue: They never had learned/figured out how to eat in a balanced way. Many, myself included, even thought they were eating healthfully.

In summary, many fat people do posess the negative qualities mentioned. But so do many fit people. Being fat does not always mean one is lazy, unmotivated, or posessed of a poor self image.