What is a chav?

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Chav, Wigger, Racaille, etc.

Only thing I know is idiots abound and boredom makes the idiocy worse. My stepsons are not like this and they really don't condone the behavior. I would like to think it's because we actually still do things as a family and not spend all our time wrapped up in or careers, throwing a charge card at them and saying, get yourself dinner and whatever else you need.

Oh well, that's just my thought on it.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, no the UK has wiggers too. A chav is not a wigger, but the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Chav culture.

Thanks for the education. Though different, when equated to mainstream society, the Chav and Wigger are closely related.

So would it be a safe bet to say a good example of a Chavette would be the rapper, Lady Sovereign?

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Thanks for the education. Though different, when equated to mainstream society, the Chav and Wigger are closely related.

So would it be a safe bet to say a good example of a Chavette would be the rapper, Lady Sovereign?

Indeed, she is pretty much as chavvy as you can get. Good music though.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A chav is someone who equates ten gold necklaces and a burberry bag with class.

Really? *hides box of gold chains and Burberry bags he was going to gift to SP*

Indeed, she is pretty much as chavvy as you can get. Good music though.

Thought so and you are right, great music.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have teenagers always gone around in gangs and murdered people? Violent crime seems to have increased and a lot of the time its teenage chavs that are involved. Just this Friday night, not far from me, a 16 year old Chav was stabbed in the neck and died. A 21 year old, probably also a Chav did it.

I have no sympathy for chavs. They're just plain rough. I was brought up on a council estate though (yay me! :tongue:). You can basically either go the chav/drugs way, or...my way. A lot of it probably is bad parenting. Parents don't give a shit and their kids are out til all hours doing all kinds of shit.

Chavs are quite a big problem I think.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's an estate, primarily for the 'working class' I think or just those who can't afford to buy a house/mortgage. It's an estate of rented housing, although sometimes the properties on the edges of the estate and some inside can be bought fully. Mostly though they are rented. The calibre of people is probably akin to that of those in 'trailer parks' or something. Some are better than others but there are generally drug addicts and other peoples living on council estates.

I think most chavs come from council estates and they perpetrate a lot of crime. Vandalism, knife attacks etc. It isn't terribly frequent but there's at least one story every week involving a teenager and a knife or some other kind of weapon. When I was younger, I don't remember this being the case. But maybe I was too young to know the way things were.

Chavs aren't doing anyone any favours and in many cases are blighting people's lives...

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Everyone thinks that their generation is this worse. Not me, I don't think you can stereotype all chavs as being murdering, theiving scumbags. Yes, alot of them are anti-authority, rude little pricks, but that doesn't mean you can group them all together.

I remember there was a case report on the BBC about the increase in violence around London, particulary involving the youth.

Apparently over the 90% of cases involved were black teens. Does that mean all black teens are going out to stab you? No. Just like just because chavs hang around in groups, doesn't mean their going stab you either.

But I'm sure a years compulsory of military service would sort alot of problems in my opinion.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Council Estate is what would be more commonly known in the US as The Projects AKA the PJs.

Thanks for clarifying that, I realy didn't know what he meant.

In Newark they stopped building large buildings for projects and are putting up really nice looking row houses, that look like town-houses.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for clarifying that, I realy didn't know what he meant.

In Newark they stopped building large buildings for projects and are putting up really nice looking row houses, that look like town-houses.

Most cities are choosing to demolish the old high rise PJs for the more eye appealling Townhouse or two level Apartment community type of building.

I thikn a lot of it has to do with the age of the buildings, upkeep, and safety in them. A lot of the old high rise PJs need serious plumbing and wireing work. A fire in one of those buildings wold result in hundreds injured if not dead.

Hence the new scheme of urban housing for the poor.

D_Ball Walker

Just Browsing
Media
Let's not confuse "wigger", chavs, etc. Some whites, that are soulfully black on the inside - their personal preference of what they like, are thrown in that category. What I mean is they are not "pretending" they are who they are. Before hip hop we had whites, hispanics, asians "acting" black. Sometimes they are disrespected by blacks and their own "color group." One race = the human race.
Me, I'm weird like that. A black dude that luv me some "wiggers". But hard to find a gay one to date.