What is a low sex drive????

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Doc, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Doc

Doc New Member

Albums:
    I'm curious what do we classify a low sex drive as.

wanting sex:

once a week, twice a week, everyday, or multiple times a day. Where does the boundary lie.

A friend of mine who I still don't know is gay or not, but did date girls from time to time, once told me that his girlfriend dumped him because she claimed they weren't having enough sex.

Of course I told him that he was better off without her. But I also asked him how much he did have sex. And he mentioned twice a week. The thing about this guy is I never really got the impression he was really into sex at all, or I figured he liked men better, so that number didn't suprise me about him.

Now compared to me, that is low, but who am I to judge. I know some married couples that would love to have sex that much.

So I'm curious, how do people here rate low or high?

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

When I was with someone I was very attracted to, I wanted sex everyday, at least once, but now I get off every other day on the average. I have read this is around the average, but you are going to hear from a wide variety on this.

3. Doc

Doc New Member

Albums:
    Well that's exactly what I want to hear, and especially from the women.

Why? Well men are always labelled as having a hyperactive sex drive till a certain age, and women are labelled in the same regard but in the opposite fashion. Yet no one really says what a normal sex drive is, and I would bet we men have competely different views on it than women.

4. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

There is no "normal". A low sex drive is wanting sex less than your partner wants sex. If I had to quantify it, it would probably be on the order of wanting sex less than once per month regardless of who your partner could be (I can see wanting sex less than once per month if my hypothetical range of potential partners were all unattractive to me).

Draft saved Draft deleted