What is a soul?

Can Anyone define what a soul really is? is it our own unique memories or something else?

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
I think the soul is the essence of who we are. Our interests, personality, emotions etc. It is the part of us which is not tangible...

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My soul is me! :biggrin1:

That of me which is not the physical me.
It's the bit I like about me.

And Calboner... souls don't suck... lips and mouths do! :wink: :tongue:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The soul, according to many religious and philosophical traditions, is the self-aware essence unique to a particular living being.

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
to me a soul is just the blank canvas of consciousness influenced by genetic traits and unique experiences to create the personality. people are born with a blank conscience and as they grow, genetic traits begin to manifest, combined with experiences completely unique to every person. those two factors have the ability to create an infinite number of unique personalities or "souls."

at least thats what i think.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Great explanation, dumbcow. I think of my soul as my real self and my body as what it's using here on earth. It is rather difficult for our finite minds to consider infinite thoughts, which this definition requires, because we haven't been 'schooled' for infinite thinking.
I think the soul is the essence of who we are. Our interests, personality, emotions etc. It is the part of us which is not tangible...

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
The soul is your spirit and physical body combined. Once you die, your spirit awaits the resurrection to become a soul forever.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no one could possibly answer that question.....
thatd be like asking.. what happens when you die? im sure someone here thinks they have the answer for that too... :D

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What you rerfer as the soul is the subtle mine that leaves our physical form when we die. Awaiting to be born in the next life, that being dependant on the karma we have created in this and previous lives. It is like a bird leaving one nest and flying to another. It is only through the human realm that we can achive enlightenment. This is the Buddhist understanding.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
What you rerfer as the soul is the subtle mine that leaves our physical form when we die. Awaiting to be born in the next life, that being dependant on the karma we have created in this and previous lives. It is like a bird leaving one nest and flying to another. It is only through the human realm that we can achive enlightenment. This is the Buddhist understanding.

Welllll, maybe ....
I find the Buddhist understanding hard to grasp.
Those that still believe in the classic Buddhist notion of rebirth must have something not so different from the idea of 'soul' in mind ... and yet the sutras state that the is NO soul.
Something, in the classical view, was available for passage through an endless round of new incarnations, but it wasn't a 'soul.'
If you figure it out, Smartalk, let me know ...

Chick&2DicksUK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
But Buddhists don't believe in a soul.
Boo.
(Hard to explain what they do believe ...)

Soul is just a word.

Call it spirit.

Call it essence.

Call it life-force.

Call it soul.

If you wanna be pedantic, what do Budhists call it?

I live it. I follow it (selectively and to a degree). Words, names or titles are not particularly necessary.

Nice font colour.

Fkn hard to read, tho.