What is a soul?

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
Each one of us has an immortal soul ... our true being, our consciousness ... that I believe was here before our current physical being was created and will survive after this temporary body we each have gets discarded.

In addition ... we each see ourselves as being separate from each other. That's the veil that gets pulled over our eyes in this existence. We are all immortal, and we are all part of the one true being, and our challenge during this lifetime on this physical plane is to get back to that true, loving unity ... back to the garden of Eden, if you will.

Now, go make yourself cum and, in doing so, make love to the universe!

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Disprove it.

Otherwise it's just a delusional mental dodge around your being reborn inevitability.

Okay...
no one has ever been reborn.

That's proof it doesn't happen.

Now, you can go ahead and list all the ridiculous qualifications and evasions that will enable you to continue investing belief is something there is not one iota of actual evidence for.

The real problem with your logic is this...

That I can not more disprove it than you can prove it does NOT mean that it is as likely as not to be true.

Saying something unprovable is true does not invent any probability that it is.

Whereas it is extremely likely that things that have no evidence of being true are probably not.

I don't have to prove all the myriad things that AREN'T true.

But to make the claim that re-birth IS true... you must offer some evidence that it is.

Otherwise its just a hare brained notion someone concocted.

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
Each one of us has an immortal soul ... our true being, our consciousness ... that I believe was here before our current physical being was created and will survive after this temporary body we each have gets discarded.

In addition ... we each see ourselves as being separate from each other. That's the veil that gets pulled over our eyes in this existence. We are all immortal, and we are all part of the one true being, and our challenge during this lifetime on this physical plane is to get back to that true, loving unity ... back to the garden of Eden, if you will.

Now, go make yourself cum and, in doing so, make love to the universe!

good points, krispdx

:hug:

A person's soul is what makes them beautiful

:hug:

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
First, this is an awesomely great "food for thought" question!!
I believe by definition a "soul" is an intangible part of a human being. A conglomeration of emotional,intellectual and core moral belief systems.
For many, it is a personal definition of who they are, a combination of their own emotions, faith-based beliefs, intellectual parameters and their particular moral code of honor.
The secondary question would be; do animals and other living beings have souls as well?
This is a great thread!!! The debates could go on forever.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I believe that's a pretty accurate definition of the word "Belief".
Not all beliefs are held with foolish certainty.
Thanks for the affirmation.:tongue:
It is not an affirmation.
Here is what you wrote:
Where does a god fit into the belief that we are reborn?
He would then lose control if it was axiomatic that we went onwards and didn't populate a heaven.
His ego would not allow it.
There is no god.
There is rebirth. The spirit lives on. Just like radio waves do.
Why should the spirit ever stop being reborn? It is insubstantial. It cannot get old or decay, because of that.
There is no "purpose".
It just IS.
God would lose control only if it was not part of his intention that beings have free will. Many faith traditions speak of our free will. (Not all, mind you.)

Where did this notion of something being "axiomatic that we went onward and didn't populate a heaven"? What precisely is axiomatic, and why is it axiomatic, and who says so? Who introduced the notion of heaven?

There is no god, you say. This is just an assertion, one which I suspect is true, but who knows? Do you? And if he doesn't exist, how can you appear to describe him (her, it) as you do?

There is rebirth, you say. The spirit lives on, just like radio waves do.

Who is to say? What proof do you have of rebirth? Of the existence of spirit? Of the synonomy with radio waves?

You say there is no "purpose." Says who?

You might be right about all of that -- or you might be wrong.
Certainty isn't available.
That's my only point.

Chick&2DicksUK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Alright everybody.

We give up.

Consider all that we've said to be recanted, forthwith.

We were wrong. You've convinced us.

There ain't no such thing as a soul.

But a few are souls on LPSG.

(Are we allowed a LOL?).

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The animal realm is the one below the human realm, there being six in total. So in answer to your question DumCow, is this: If you do not gain enough merit in this life, then you will be reborn in one of the lower realms, So yes you could come back as a cow. It is said the chances of regaining a human life is likend to a blind turtle sitting on the bottom of the ocean with a golden yoke (ring) floating on the surface. The chances of the turtle swiming to the surface with it's head through the centre of the yoke is infinitely small.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
The animal realm is the one below the human realm, there being six in total. So in answer to your question DumCow, is this: If you do not gain enough merit in this life, then you will be reborn in one of the lower realms, So yes you could come back as a cow. It is said the chances of regaining a human life is likend to a blind turtle sitting on the bottom of the ocean with a golden yoke (ring) floating on the surface. The chances of the turtle swiming to the surface with it's head through the centre of the yoke is infinitely small.

Interesting stuff, Smartalk. What is the source?

(@dumbcow: I figure you'll come back as a zebu, dumbcow. You've been pretty good.)