What Is A Woman's Issue?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Well I certainly don't have any personal problem with members reporting threads for being out of place in here. I wish one or two of those who do so regularly would be a smidgen more polite about it but even that I can live with :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

For me a couple of issues have been raised in this discussion already which I'd like to offer an opinion on. The first is about why threads should fit the forum they're posted in.

Certainly we allow a fair degree of latitude across the board on this kind of thing, mostly because of natural overlap in terms of subject matter between the stated intent of the forums. Sometimes a discussion which might appear to be better off in Relationships ends up Sex with a Large Penis, or and Etc question ends up thriving in Appearance issues and vice versa etc etc.

But in general terms the reason I think it's important for threads to fit the stated purpose of the forum their posted in is a practical one (shocking though that may be to one or two members who probably think me motivated by a radical feminist agenda LOL). Ultimately there is little or no point in having differentiated forums if we don't keep those forums roughly related to the intended topics of discussion they were created for. If we allow totally free form thread posting then we ought to do away with differentiated forums which would hinder that and make it less easy to find what you want in this free form environment. Basically its about keeping things organised and making things easier for members.

So in a differentiated forums situation a member should be able to search Sex With a Large Penis for issues relating to sex with a large penis, if a large number of questions about sex with a large penis end up being in this forum instead members will either not find what they're looking for or find it here instead and presume this is an annex of the Sex With a Large Penis forum and start posting all kinds of threads about that kind of discussion in here, thus completely negating the purpose in having these two separate forums in the first place. I apply that logic to deciding where I think any given thread in any given forum should be.

The same is true across the boards. One of the principle objections I personally have to allowing the Ask Women a question threads to proliferate in here (even when the question in question would be better asked in other forums) is that its abundantly obvious that female members use the rest of the site and can and do answer questions of every kind in all parts of the boards. Male members seeking to garner only female responses by posting in this forum will be disappointed because male members use this forum too and besides OPs don't get to dictate who responds and who doesn't to their thread and that's as it should be.

Members who assume that Women's Issues is a kind of women's ghetto which is the best place to seek female member's input make a number of wrong presumptions about women, about female LPSG members, about how the site works and about what to expect from thread creation on any internet discussion board.

I personally don't think it's a good idea to encourage those presumptions.

As an aside I've been told off (extremely rudely sometimes) by male members on occasion for moving a thread from this forum because they claimed their thread was about issues relating to heterosexual sex (despite the fact we have a whole forum for discussion of sex with a large penis) and that their intended discussion was supposed to be between men and women (despite the fact we have a relationships forum), and what the hell did I think I knew about such things (being as I am a gay and all)? And fuck you blah blah blah. I'm pretty certain most of our female members would aver such attitudes and be insulted that someone wanted to use the forum designated for discussion of women's issues to enforce a de facto sexual apartheid. Well I'd hope so at least.

The second issue that's seems to have come up relates to the reason Nudey may have started this thread. I know he can speak for himself, so this is merely my take on it. I think that if we see an increase of reporting of threads from this forum or more importantly a change in the kind of threads that get reported that indicates a change of one kind or another in the kinds of threads which members who use this forum believe are appropriate discussions for the forum's intended purpose.

That means it's important for the Mods to have some advice from those who use this forum regularly on what they think is a Women's Issue and what they think isn't. Because it allows us to make a better judgement when casting our vote on reports. So that when the current crop of members use the site they are getting the best service it's within our power to provide, within whatever restrictions are imposed by matters beyond our control, such as creating new forums.

Last edited:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm a member of chubbyparade.com and they have a sub-forum for photo verified femals only.That means you have to prove with a face shot that you are female!This means you get to discuss womens issues without the males butting in.Lpsg has lots more money backing it than chubbyparade.So why can't you lock womens issues down to only photo verified ladys or make a sub-forum the male population can't get in too?

Well someone is going to ask, so it might as well be me...

Why should the women be allowed a section solely for their use when other groups within the site aren't?

If we were to do as you suggest, what is to stop gay men demanding a section which disallows women and straight men? Or straight men demanding one that disallows gay/bi men? Right wing v left wing? Dicks verified as being over a certain size? I could go on, but I think you get the idea...

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well someone is going to ask, so it might as well be me...

Why should the women be allowed a section solely for their use when other groups within the site aren't?Because they are asking

If we were to do as you suggest, what is to stop gay men demanding a section which disallows women and straight men? Or straight men demanding one that disallows gay/bi men? Right wing vt wing? Dicks verified as being over a certain size? I could go on, but I think you get the idea...
It works on chubby parade,are you afraid to try?

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It works on chubby parade,are you afraid to try?

Not afraid, and might I add what a childish attempt to get what you want that is?

It might also be worth noting that right wing members have requested their own forum for discussing issues, so have left wing members, straight members (actually, they ask on quite a regular basis) We've had requests for at least 5 specific language sections, one for verified only sections of various kinds, one for chat users to arrange to specifically meet up with friends and arrange "dates" within the chat room, oh and a whole list of specific fetish forums so that all those people out there interested in a specific kink can get together and discuss them without the hassle of using groups and without having to deal with all the "eww" crap they get.

Now tell me again why the owner should agree to one and not the other?

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not afraid, and might I add what a childish attempt to get what you want that is?

It might also be worth noting that right wing members have requested their own forum for discussing issues, so have left wing members, straight members (actually, they ask on quite a regular basis) We've had requests for at least 5 specific language sections, one for verified only sections of various kinds, one for chat users to arrange to specifically meet up with friends and arrange "dates" within the chat room, oh and a whole list of specific fetish forums so that all those people out there interested in a specific kink can get together and discuss them without the hassle of using groups and without having to deal with all the "eww" crap they get.

Now tell me again why the owner should agree to one and not the other?

I don't want anything,All I did was suggest an idea for a forum where tha ladys could talk an not be interupted by the men.You are the one being childish in thinking I want something.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't want anything,All I did was suggest an idea for a forum where tha ladys could talk an not be interupted by the men.You are the one being childish in thinking I want something.

I refuse to get into this discussion with you.

Your suggestion has been made in various forms countless times, as has been pointed out by myself, Patchos and several others. It has also been pointed out that this isn't something the moderating team can do, it isn't something I can do as Admin either. It is down to the owner of the site, only he can do it, only he can decide to do it.

It has been asked that other suggestions be made given that this is not something we the team can do, flogging the same dead horse is going to get us all a grant total of nowhere.

FeroxFemina

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think this forum works fine the way it is... it's not perfect, but it's not difficult to work around the imperfections.

I'm a member of several other forums and one of them has about 7 sections, with at least 5 sub-topics each. It's a nightmare. I hardly use it anymore because it takes ages to decide where to post a new topic, and if I am logging on simply to browse it's not a great experience because of the multiple topics I have to check.

It might also be worth noting that right wing members have requested their own forum for discussing issues, so have left wing members. We've had requests for at least 5 specific language sections

I can't comment on these suggestions because they don't apply to me. I do believe though, that if politics is something you particularly want to talk about, and if the section given to you on this site (Large Penis Support Group.... <-- politics not mentioned)... then go somewhere else. Am I wrong?

Language is a good idea, but I don't know how many members that woulf affect/benefit.

straight members (actually, they ask on quite a regular basis)

I assume you mean a heterosexual only area. If you did that, you would have to keep everyone happy, and thats impossible. If members want to discuss things of a hetero nature only, start a group. If that's not easy enough for you then go somewhere else.

one for verified only sections of various kinds

Groups can have this function. If the forums don't meet your needs, start a group or leave and go to another site.

one for chat users to arrange to specifically meet up with friends and arrange "dates" within the chat room

Agree to meet at a certain time and go to a private room? It's not hard. You can make a room and give it a password... tell your friends the password and meet at said time.

oh and a whole list of specific fetish forums so that all those people out there interested in a specific kink can get together and discuss them without the hassle of using groups and without having to deal with all the "eww" crap they get

First of all, using groups is not a hassle. Yes you have to click a few buttons to get to the one you want... it's not that hard! Maybe find out why people find groups a hassle and solve this problem that way instead of resorting to specific fetish forums.

As far as women's issues go (in my opinion):

Wanting a females opinion is fine... but that doesn't mean that you should necessarily post here.

If you want relationship advice... go to the Relationships section, women use that too!

If you want your new pic to be rated, put it in the Show Off section or New members. (See 'Your Cock is not a womans issue').

If you are a woman and have an issue, check if it belongs somewhere else first... e.g. relationships, as above.

Last edited:

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's only passive-aggressive if you perceive it to be such. Is it so hard to believe that we truly want to try and appease as many people as possible with a concrete solution? We want opinions, we want advice, we want to hear from the CURRENT women of the board.

I perceive it to be passive-aggressive. I've offered advice and suggestions and so have many others. I'm a current woman posting on the board.

Because what is and isn't a women's issue isn't black and white, and it's also largely based on opinion. The great thing about our moderating team is that our opinions differ.

Are threads discussed before being moved? All of them or just some? Can't you just vote on whether to move it or not?

What do you think we're trying to do?

Honestly, I have no idea. It's not clear to me.

^ That.

The sticky thread started, if I remember correctly was a stop gap solution until something better could be done or until the situation changed, and it's all well and good blaming the mods for not having done anything else, but when all we get is screams for a new forum (something we can't provide, individually or as a team) without any other suggestions, what exactly do you expect us to do?

Would you have me hold a gun to the owners head and demand that he create a forum to appease some of the posters here while others feel it is not required and without merit?

It would be helpful to make it clear who is responsible for making the decision and if they are considering it or if it has been rejected completely. As far as I'm aware, MB's thread is still awaiting a response from Rob.

This is Rob's site and he can do whatever he wants with it, but if you ask for input and reject all suggestions, then it makes me wonder what the point is.

The mods do appreciate and understand there is a problem within the WI forum, though currently it is unclear as to where the problem is... Is it the threads being started? Is it the intolerance to those threads? Is it the women responding to those threads, thus supporting them being here? Is it the women reporting those threads? It is very clear from this thread alone that not even the women agree on the issue, so agreeing on how it is to be dealt with isn't going to happen any time soon.

I'm all for trying new suggestion when we're offered ones which can be achieved, and I'm all for being "told off" when people feel we're slacking, just not so much for being "told off" for not doing something we simply can't do!

So assuming (and I'm not saying it is) the sub-forum is a non-starter, what other suggestions do you have? How do you propose we appease both sides of the debate?

I don't think you can please everyone. Again, it's up to Rob what he wants to do. I've given enough valuable feedback and I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.

Well I certainly don't have any personal problem with members reporting threads for being out of place in here. I wish one or two of those who do so regularly would be a smidgen more polite about it but even that I can live with :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

More passive-aggressiveness. I assume you mean me? I'd like to discuss this without moderators becoming personally offended.

Last edited:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Ferox, you're preaching to the choir.

The groups are there so that those who feel the need for their own little dedicated spaces can have them without diluting and segregating the forum. It is quite apparent however that some feel that isn't good enough, and we the team should be responsible for giving them all the sections they could ever dream of.

(I disagree about the languages though - a team of moderators to cover every language would be a bitch!)

(Patch posted as I was responding... she's an evil bitch and just does it to annoy me!)

Patch!

All decisions about site layout and access are made by Rob. The mods sometimes have prior knowledge of upcoming changes, sometimes not.

When a decision is made following threads such as this and the one started by MB, you can be 100% sure that the mods are discussing the threads, the posters, the suggestions and any we come up with ourselves. Sometimes we come to conclusions that can be achieved without the assistance of Rob (much like the sticky thread made in this forum to help divert some of the size questions until something better came along) sometimes not, at which point we await his decision.

He came to the conclusion that the adult websites section could do with sub-forums when that was discussed, and they were created and I'm sure he's busy reading this and other threads and trying to come to conclusions about those too... We're not him though, and we can't provide the answers people in this thread are asking for... I wish we could.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Acon: So you're still waiting for Rob to approve or reject MB's idea? Do the mods think it's a good idea or not? What other ideas have the mods come up with themselves?

In all honesty, I don't see anything changing.

Edit: I'm not a bitch, I'm a cunt! :booty::yumyum::wiggle::boobies2:

Last edited:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Acon: So you're still waiting for Rob to approve or reject MB's idea? Do the mods think it's a good idea or not? What other ideas have the mods come up with themselves?

In all honesty, I don't see anything changing.

I would need to check the thread we had going back when MB started her thread to see if Rob gave his thoughts on the matter, but at the very least with this current round we are awaiting his thoughts.

The mods are somewhat divided on the issue, much like the female membership themselves (which doesn't help!)

I personally feel it will make little to no difference in the long run and only serve to appease on a short term basis until human nature kicks in and everything starts flooding back to where people feel they will get the right attention, not where it is best situated.

As for other suggestions, the general feelings are that we all need to come to a decision about what does and doesn't belong here, and probably more importantly what to do about those that could belong in several places.

We all agree (members included) that no two opinions are the same, and that there are various degrees of tolerance for what does and doesn't belong, but without some form of meeting of the minds, very little can change that doesn't result in more of these threads but with slightly different topics.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok well, good luck to you and the mods on your decision, I hope you're able to resolve the Israeli/Palestinian conflict- oops, I mean the issues with the forum soon.

Peace (in the middle east)

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I supported the "ask a woman" subforum to cut down on the amount of unhappiness in this area.

To be completely honest I don't mind the posters asking whatever question they wish in the women's issues if they feel it pertains to women or they want a woman's opinion. Somedays some of the questions are rathering tiring, but if I don't wish to answer I simply skip that thread. For the most part I really enjoy the forum and I'm happy with the way it's set-up.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sometimes you are spot on but sometimes it is marginal whether it's appropriate to move it.

From the viewpoint of the moderators if someone is asking a question specifically towards woman wanting advice or about woman wanting answers

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and consideration.
Is it April already because this must be a joke.

I created a thread in November last year http://www.lpsg.org/211777-oral-start.html and place it in what I thought was an appropriate venue Women's Issues.

"If a man or woman begins exploring and tasting your body, what is your feeling about starting at the naval? I'm highly turned on by a woman's naval and have never been reproached for starting there but am wondering if that's a method and place women like as a start."

A moderator then placed it in Sex Wiith A Large Penis. MY thread asked specifically if women liked navel attention as a start, there wasn't any mention of a penis big, small, average and it never asked what the man felt doing this or if he liked having it done to him.

It was aimed at women asking their view and feeling. Meanwhile there are threads in the Women's Issues forum which can be directed at men and women yet they aren't put elsewhere.

I was never advised that the thread was being sent elsewhere and the Moderator didn't indicate in the thread that they'd moved it. Maybe the idea that I'd erred and written naval when I meant navel was the logic used although it was still asked of women.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
..and then people would start complaining about the excessive complaining about the problem of too much complaining. If that happened, I might have to complain. :biggrin1:

And there, apparently, is nudey's dilemma, in a nutshell. :Eyecrazy:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't report nuthin' to nobody. And I don't report to anybody either (No, Sweetie, I'm not talking about you, but we know who reports to whom, right?)!

I'm one that usually sticks to the Women's Forum, not because I feel "safer" here, but it's because it's where I find topics more to my liking. I sure don't care for or participate in the majority of posts, but the others I find interesting.

I usually realize right away that I have nothing to contribute or I want to get involved after the initial post. When it begins to degrade I bail out.

I love when somebody calls "wank fodder!" I laugh every time I ready that phrase. Hilarious! And most of the time I feel sorry for the OP fishing for something because I'm not sure why he's doing it. I just want to say "Here, you want Ms. Ellie to help you with that, poor widdle ting."

Anyway, women's topic or not, this place still works.