What is average penis size?

npllvr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have heard womens' opinions vary greatly. Most of my girlfriends before I married, as well as my wife say I am below average(4 1/2"). What is considered small/average/above average/big?

D

deleted15807

Problems with research on average penis size

Determining what the average penis size is seems like it shouldn’t be that complicated. It’s a physical body part, you measure it, and repeat hundreds of thousands of times around the world, then take an average. Unfortunately, arriving at an accurate idea of what is an average penis size, is more complicated. Some of the problems with figuring out average penis size include:
  • Is penis size considered to be the length, the girth, or both?
  • When measuring penis length, where do you start?
  • Is penis girth measured at the base of the penis, at the glans (head), or around the shaft?
  • Are the people measured in these studies representative of the general population?
  • Do all studies include measurements taken by others, or self-reported measurements (which are historically bigger than measurements reported by others)?
Different studies answer these questions differently, which makes arriving at a single average penis size almost impossible. Also, many researchers believe that those who are willing to participate in a study about penis size may have larger than average penises, which would also skew the results.

yurkon

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have heard womens' opinions vary greatly. Most of my girlfriends before I married, as well as my wife say I am below average(4 1/2"). What is considered small/average/above average/big?

I don't think you are measuring correctly. I doubt you are 4.5" and are probably bigger than that.

meatpackingbubba

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
http://www.gayromeo.com/JIkDs9h7l6n2CB5Q7wd6juafxFjCht8Q/sexfun/dickometer/dickometer_en.pdf

This is a way to determine your size that takes both length and girth into account.

Following are the size ranges as laid out on the dickometer:

First, measure length:

Under 4.7" is small
4.7" to 6.3" is medium
6.3" to 7.5" is large
7.5" to 8.7" is extra large
8.7" up is extra extra large

Now, secondly, measure girth:

Over 6" girth add one size to the above result
4.6" to 6" girth is neutral, add nothing
less that 4.6" girth subtract one size from the above result

This seems to me to be an accurate representation of sizes.

By the way, that's great dildo your wife has. Your size should not be a problem as long as you have that to work with.

;-)~

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Look out the thread police are about!

not really.

it is just a topic that has been done a thousand times... in the other forums, not the adult websites forum. Since the AW forum is not where topics of this type take place, naturally, there is far more discussion on this topic in the other main forums.

The average penis size question/debatehas been posted and re-posted in the other forums and there is plenty to peruse on that topic in there.

there is far more information and discussion in there, including the famous Durex study and Kinsey study etc and far more opinions and debate available in there, since that is where the vast amount of posters on LPSG discuss those topics.

:smile:

BenWaaaaah

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know - wrong thread - but here's my take on it...

Length: under 5" - small 5" to 6" - about average 6" to 7" - above average 7" to 8"- huge - 8+ - OMG

The best indicator for girth - if you can't fit your self hard or soft into a standard U.S. toilet paper roll - you're above average girth. Dunno how many inches around that is, but that seems to be a good judge.

Another clue, if your name is Mandingo, you're not average...

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
The best indicator for girth - if you can't fit your self hard or soft into a standard U.S. toilet paper roll - you're above average girth. Dunno how many inches around that is, but that seems to be a good judge.
Not really, IMO. The circ. of a TP tube is ~5.75", but the vast majority (~90%) of all men will fit into the tube. So while it's nicely demarcates the "well above average" from "the rest," it does not help that latter group know where they, er, "fit," all that well.

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Schonfeld and Beebe, published in the USA in 1942, measured the flaccid length and the stretched length. The stretched penis length is, on average, 0.95 of the erect length.
The median stretched length for the group of 20-25 year olds in this Schonfeld study was 13.02 cm. or 5.12 in. This is extremely close to the 12.89 cm. or 5.07 in. erect penis average produced a careful modern study (Wessells, Lue, & McAninch, 1996) in which doctors actually measured the erections of 80 grown men. AND, in the recent Italian study of 3,300 soldiers age 17-19, Ponchietti and his colleagues found the average stretched penis length (remember this is very close in length to the erect penis) to be 12.5 cm. or 4.92 in. All those carefully documented adult averages (some for erect penises and some for stretched penises) are very close to 5.3 inches. There is a lot of misinformation about penises on the Internet and in popular mythology. You should not allow unreliable and downright false information to affect your self-esteem.

Penile length and circumference: a study on 3,300 young Italian males.

Ponchietti R, Mondaini N, Bonafe M, Di Loro F, Biscioni S, Masieri L.

Department of Urology, University of Florence, Italy.

OBJECTIVE: The knowledge of normal variations in the size of male external genitalia is of considerable interest to several disciplines. We carried out an extensive study in young Italian males to provide estimates of normal variations of penile dimensions. METHODS: The penile length in flaccid and stretched states and the penile circumference were measured in a random group of 3,300 young men aged 17-19 years and free from endocrine disorders and from congenital or acquired abnormalities of the penis. In a random sample of 325 subjects of the same set of people, penile length and circumference were also correlated with weight and height. Statistical analysis was performed with the Spearman test, because our data were not normally distributed as tested by the Kolmogorov-Smirnov test (p < 0.01). RESULTS: The median values of penile dimensions recorded in the present study are flaccid length 9.0 cm, flaccid circumference, at the middle of the shaft, 10.0 cm, and stretched length 12.5 cm. [4.92 inches] We also observed that the penile dimensions are highly correlated with height and weight. CONCLUSIONS: Since penile length and circumference correlate with anthropometric parameters such as weight and height, we suggest to consider themselves as two bodily measures which display a wide extent of normal variability along the general population.

Penile length in the flaccid and erect states: guidelines for penile augmentation.

Wessells H, Lue TF, McAninch JW.

Department of Urology, University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, USA.

PURPOSE: We provide guidelines of penile length and circumference to assist in counselling patients considering penile augmentation. MATERIALS AND METHODS: We prospectively measured flaccid and erect penile dimensions in 80 physically normal men before and after pharmacological erection. RESULTS: Mean flaccid length was 8.8 cm., stretched length 12.4 cm. [4.88 inches] and erect length 12.9 cm. [5.08 inches] Neither patient age nor size of the flaccid penis accurately predicted erectile length. Stretched length most closely correlated with erect length. CONCLUSIONS: Only men with a flaccid length of less than 4 cm., or a stretched or erect length of less than 7.5 cm. should be considered candidates for penile lengthening.

We can say though, from the three studies above where a doctor measured the penis and not self- report surveys, that the average erection length is about 5.3 inches (13.5cms) and roughly two-thirds of men will have erections between 4 and 6.2 inches (10 and 15.7cms). 16&#37; will have erections smaller than 4 inches. 97.5% of men will have erections less than 7.3 inches (18.5cms). Therefore five men in 200 will have erections of 7.3 inches or more. One man in a thousand will have an erection of 8.4 inches (22cms) or longer and one man in 10,000 will have an erection of 9 inches or longer (22.9cms). For every million men in the population there will be a hundred erect penises of 9 inches or more.

ninepointfive

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wish people would be as knowledgeable, cautious and thorough with information about the North American Union or RFID implant realities as they were with historical and contemporary average penis size data. That's just my take on this really. Niggling about .25 of an inch and backing it up with volumes of research.. the world is fucked.