What is BETTER?

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Speaking of villians, I have to give credit once again to Marvel for finding more interesting ones. I'm not talking magneto, or Doom, althogh still great. DC has some pretty bland concepts when it comes to villians. Let's see, there is an evil alien from another galaxy, then there is another evil alien from another galaxy, then there is an evil alien from another galaxy...

mainer1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For me, DC comics were the best by far....Marvels were so 'cartoonish', exaggerated, fantasy oriented. DC's were more adventure, sci-fi oriented. Anyone who disagrees with me can go str8 to HELL!

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
mainer1 said:
For me, DC comics were the best by far....Marvels were so 'cartoonish', exaggerated, fantasy oriented. DC's were more adventure, sci-fi oriented. Anyone who disagrees with me can go str8 to HELL!

I dissagree with you, many of marvel character were created by some sort of genetics bending. A lot of scientiv study understandng how to distort resorces and explain the pull of altered genetics was neede to write a lot of Marvel comics.

As for DC what kind of sci-fi does that fish-man-memaid-guy present. I get that the flash experimented and altered his metabolism, ect, but how is the green lantern sci-fi. If you want to really want to crack down on constructed about fantasy Wonder woman is. Think about it, some princess of a godess troupe leaves to save the world with a lasso of truth and bulet proof bracelets. I can so, se how that isn't fantasy, not.:cool:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Bryan_Lyte2 said:
I dissagree with you, many of marvel character were created by some sort of genetics bending. A lot of scientiv study understandng how to distort resorces and explain the pull of altered genetics was neede to write a lot of Marvel comics.

As for DC what kind of sci-fi does that fish-man-memaid-guy present. I get that the flash experimented and altered his metabolism, ect, but how is the green lantern sci-fi. If you want to really want to crack down on constructed about fantasy Wonder woman is. Think about it, some princess of a godess troupe leaves to save the world with a lasso of truth and bulet proof bracelets. I can so, se how that isn't fantasy, not.:cool:

Oh Bryan... ummmmmm, I have news for you..... I was a Prince of the country of Timbaboo. One day, I grew weary of my pampered life, and moved to america, where I discovered my bracelets were bullet proof, my lasso made people tell the truth, and my jet was ACTUALLY invisible.

Funny thing is... I recently realized that I can Fly, and Am invulnerable, super strong and the ONLY person superman can have sex with.:tongue:

~taken from the pages of my memory of wonderwoman AND from today's televison shows.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For DC, I give you:
Wolfman and Perez's timeless Teen Titans run in the 80s

Giffen and Levitz Legion of Superheroes

Mark Waid and Geoff Johns The Flash

For Marvel I give you:
Claremont, Cockrum, Byrne, Silvestri, Lee on X-Men

Peter David's Hulk

Morrison on X-Men

Both have many campy characters and rip off each other's ideas all the time.

The two best comic sagas ever just might be:

"The Judas Contract" from Teen Titans and "The Dark Phoenix Saga" from XMen

Wolfman and Claremont sure could write.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
mainer1 said:

See, IMO, D.C comics were very action packed. They had decent stories, but the plots were nonsense. Ordinary people keep comnig back to life, with one random lucky twist after another..

And Shit, A guy being allergic to different parts of his planet...? Come On....

Red Kryptonite does this...Green does that....Black does this...Rainbow does that... I mean...COME ON, weak attempts at furthering the plot Much?:biggrin1:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Marvel went a long was to earning my lifelong respect when they created the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe in which they proceeded to explain in technical terms based on physics, how each character's powers work. The y even explained how their mechanical items fucntioned. It was AWESOME.

For example, as Thor is a god and his power is magical, he can create a thunderstorm out of thin air. Storm, on the other hand, can psionically manupilate weather patterns and their energy. So, in order for her to make it rain, she has to bring that rain from somewhere nearby.

Matthew said:
I think Superman's boring, but Marvel's made a lot of boring comics too. Spiderman never did it for me, and Captain America, a guy with a shield? :rolleyes:

Captain America has to be the lamest thing since Ant-Man.

And some of those DC character names. UGH.

Matthew said:
Marvel has at least as much of a claim to being the best for X-Men alone

No one book changed the way comic team books were approached like X-Men did. The group dynamics of this team have been copied ad nauseum by everyone.

Matthew said:
I mean, bitten by a radioactive spider???
Please.

Favorite quote from am old Marvel Age (yes, I just dated myself):

You know you've been reading too many comics when you get exposed to radiation and expect to be embued with fantastic superhuman powers instead of dying a slow, painful death.

LMAO.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Bryan_Lyte2 said:
...If you want to really want to crack down on constructed about fantasy Wonder woman is. Think about it, some princess of a godess troupe leaves to save the world with a lasso of truth and bulet proof bracelets. I can so, se how that isn't fantasy, not.:cool:
Ahh! But she was such a delicious and radical fantasy of the 1940's, being a dominatrix who was also into bondage. She even had me tying my peers up once upon a time. hehe.
http://www.superdickery.com/bondage/1.html
She also was the first feminist heroine of that time.
I also liked the Capt. Marvel (too hilarious) and Batman of that period( for its vicious villians).

In the 1960's DC had excellent science fiction stories, but Marvel had better
plots and characterizations.
e.g. Marvel comics Namor with his imperious nature easily outclassed Aquaman.

For having a comic book character that walked around naked and could change sex at a moment's notice (=cloud) I have to give Marvel Comics the edge over DC.

lol dreamer20

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I vote Marvel, partly because I've heard of Marvel but mostly as I enjoyed the Hulk, though I often wondered why his trousers never ripped. :tongue:

I'm a philistine, what can I say..:rolleyes:

mindstar

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lex said:
Careful, Mindstar--The last guy to say he loved me after finding how much I loved comics is now my husband (Matthew).

We got a king-sized bed baby. Always room for one more!!

oh my :rolleyes:

can i wear a dark phoenix costume? :biggrin1:

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dong20 said:
I vote Marvel, partly because I've heard of Marvel but mostly as I enjoyed the Hulk, though I often wondered why his trousers never ripped. :tongue:

I'm a philistine, what can I say..:rolleyes:

His trousers ripped, his underwear did not.

Conclusion? Either he wore very loose underpants in anticipation of the change, or Dr Banner's bunch of stuff does not enlarge when he becomes The Hulk.

By the way, has anyone ever wondered what happens when Superman ejaculates? Would shots of his semen kill Lois Lane when he cums? Or at least, how far would he shoot - after all, he is Superman.... - or does he just dribble so as not to injure his sex partner?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
mindstar said:
oh my :rolleyes:

can i wear a dark phoenix costume? :biggrin1:
Oh, my hubby Matthew already called dibs on being Jean Grey.

He's got the red hair and everything!!

WOOOF~!!

How about you be the White Queen? That dominatrix leather outfit STILL works for me.

shad24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ok! Spiderman took his mask off in public today. Cap. America wont do it.
Who is next to go public?

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just Spider-Man alone is better than SEX, DC and anything.

He's my fucking idol!!

I used to think I WAS Spider-man...I still could be, if I'm really good at keeping secret identities :D