What is BETTER?

mindstar

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
shad24 said:
Ok! Spiderman took his mask off in public today. Cap. America wont do it.
Who is next to go public?

yeah i was reading that in the paper today
its amazing how comics make the mainstream news *laughs*
actually might check the civil war series out when its out in TBP

D

deleted3782

DC Comics, or MARVEL Comics...

I figured this should get done.. after we discuss it some.... we can always talk about who stuffed their cod peices.... you know, keep it on track.:tongue:

Was this ever rectified?

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
ooh, a comics thread.

Anyways, even though i'm way behind with the thread, i'm going to give the edge to Marvel. Interesting realistic characters and stories, plus, pretty cool powers. Plus, Marvel manages to keep up with the times. :p

But DC shouldn't be counted out. They have the most iconic characters like Supes, Batman and Wonder Woman. Plus, some of the greatest villains (especially Batman)

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Despite being a die hard Wolverine fan I'm giving the nod to DC

I think The Watchmen alone earns them that.

Besides which I never would have discovered The X-Men and Wolverine if it hadn't been for the crossover issues of The Teen Titans & X-Men.

I still want to be Starfire.

By the way, has anyone ever wondered what happens when Superman ejaculates? Would shots of his semen kill Lois Lane when he cums? Or at least, how far would he shoot - after all, he is Superman.... - or does he just dribble so as not to injure his sex partner?

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex

D_fitnesswitness

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Character-wise, I'd give it to Marvel.

However, from a purely artistic and professional standpoint. I'm currently a fan of DC's editors. I had a portfolio review earlier in the year with a DC editor and got GREAT feedback and more consistent critique, than with the Marvel guys, who really (at the time) weren't seeking out TONS of new talent.

Ironically, Marvel is more diverse and willing to do newer and more innovative things with their characters, and I assume the editors are as well. So, even though DC seems to treat artists' a bit better....Marvel is still the one to beat, in my opinion. I'd work for both, even though, I hope my upcoming web-comic (in April) will do well and get picked up for print, as I love the tangible mediums more! Anywho, we need more action web-comics out there!

I could rattle on about comics forever, its what I love to do!

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I’m a DC Comics guy :cool:

Grew up reading comics from many publishers (still do!), and while I’ve loved a lot of Marvel books/characters over the years, that universe itself often seems too dark and ugly to me. And so many of its characters came across to younger me as emo and whiny lol - not what I aspired to be, when I myself was an emo and whiny kid. I didn’t fantasize about being whiny teenagers like Peter Parker or self-loathing mutants. I dreamed of being a strong and sure grownup, like DC’s (main) lineup of heroes.

Also, I’m from California - I never gave a crap about New York or the east coast, and 90% of Marvel’s heroes are NY-based or east coast. DC’s settings are fictional cities - Metropolis, Coast City, Gotham, Opal City, Ivytown, Star City, etc. - which may have had real world inspirations, but it was easier to imagine them being anywhere I wanted - so I didn’t feel excluded simply for not being a New Yorker.

I just find the DCU much cozier and more fun. Superman and Batman are my two favorite superheroes, period - and there’s no female hero at Marvel which is as iconic and historic as Wonder Woman. I love the dynamic these three original yet very different heroes have had and continue to have today.

Another thing I’ve always preferred about the DCU is its unique history of legacy heroes. Golden Age heroes like the Justice Society being mentors to their younger Justice League counterparts... then the Justice League raising the Teen Titans, who then grow into the Titans, who mentor new Teen Titans and Young Justice... it just makes DC feel like more of a family to me. Marvel’s done a good job trying to duplicate that over the past 15 years or so, but the history’s just not there for me like DC’s real-time, established multi-generational history is.

That being said? I am a comic book fan, a fan of the medium itself. Great stories and characters are born from great writers and artists - and they can come from any publisher or brand at any time.

Psilord905

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’m a DC Comics guy :cool:

Grew up reading comics from many publishers (still do!), and while I’ve loved a lot of Marvel books/characters over the years, that universe itself often seems too dark and ugly to me. And so many of its characters came across to younger me as emo and whiny lol - not what I aspired to be, when I myself was an emo and whiny kid. I didn’t fantasize about being whiny teenagers like Peter Parker or self-loathing mutants. I dreamed of being a strong and sure grownup, like DC’s (main) lineup of heroes.

Also, I’m from California - I never gave a crap about New York or the east coast, and 90% of Marvel’s heroes are NY-based or east coast. DC’s settings are fictional cities - Metropolis, Coast City, Gotham, Opal City, Ivytown, Star City, etc. - which may have had real world inspirations, but it was easier to imagine them being anywhere I wanted - so I didn’t feel excluded simply for not being a New Yorker.

I just find the DCU much cozier and more fun. Superman and Batman are my two favorite superheroes, period - and there’s no female hero at Marvel which is as iconic and historic as Wonder Woman. I love the dynamic these three original yet very different heroes have had and continue to have today.

Another thing I’ve always preferred about the DCU is its unique history of legacy heroes. Golden Age heroes like the Justice Society being mentors to their younger Justice League counterparts... then the Justice League raising the Teen Titans, who then grow into the Titans, who mentor new Teen Titans and Young Justice... it just makes DC feel like more of a family to me. Marvel’s done a good job trying to duplicate that over the past 15 years or so, but the history’s just not there for me like DC’s real-time, established multi-generational history is.

That being said? I am a comic book fan, a fan of the medium itself. Great stories and characters are born from great writers and artists - and they can come from any publisher or brand at any time.
You hit the nail right on the head with this post! I buy and read many comics a month (well over 100) from many different publishers but DC is my favorite. The DC Trinity are my favorite heros (though Captain America may have a slight edge over Batman) and I look forward to each Wednesday when new books are sold. DC's new Infinite Frontier has me stoked because the company appears to FINALLY be delving back into how there's a legacy involved in their universe. Time will tell if this is the route they go though. I am really hopeful...

Reactions: Tomas26

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Reactions: Tomas26