What is considered indecent exposure?

TheRenaissance

Just Browsing
Media
So I am wondering about indecent exposure, specifically showing of the male genitalia. Here is the comparison: a women's breast is considered safe to show as long as the nipple is not exposed. Is the same comparatively true for a man's penis? E.g. as long as the head is not exposed.

This is primarily directed at the US audience, but it'd be interesting to know if there are subtle differences internationally.

TheRenaissance

Just Browsing
Media

zawfi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
So I am wondering about indecent exposure, specifically showing of the male genitalia. Here is the comparison: a women's breast is considered safe to show as long as the nipple is not exposed. Is the same comparatively true for a man's penis? E.g. as long as the head is not exposed.

This is primarily directed at the US audience, but it'd be interesting to know if there are subtle differences internationally.

Just to be a pedantic geek, I'll say that in ancient times, the Greeks did consider it indecent for a guy's head to show. In sporting events, guys would tie their foreskin so as not to let the head slip out.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Womens breasts serve a function other than sexual arousal. Their primary function is actually for breast feeding an activity which is most definetely not sexy for any woman who has done it. Many men don't realize that. :rolleyes:

Ok, big difference between a womans breast sans nipple and a male penis. You are an adult you know that. Why are you asking such a juvenile question? :mad: You can't show a female vulva either with or without the clit showing. :rolleyes: :duh:

Always learning new things at LPSG. Some in our community claim indecent exposure if your cock outine appears through your clothing.
We usually only claim that if the outline is of a large penis. Like it or not the penis is a sex object.

Where'd Who Go?

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A chum of mine was (recently) charged with indecent exposure for taking a pee on the outside wall of a bar. It was dark and winter in Northern Michigan. The charge was parlayed away, but dude was sure scared. It would have been a felony.

WWG?

TheRenaissance

Just Browsing
Media
I don't know if it was here (LPSG) or somewhere else that I read spandex was created by a cyclist who wanted to show off his package without violating decency laws....basically a loophole to the law.

freeballininnyc

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's interesting that the one dissenting comment on this topic, at this point anyway, was made by a woman.

Obviously, the nip on a breast is not the same thing as the head of a penis. But that is where my agreement ends.

I think it's ridiculous to call the penis a sex organ and leave it at that while pointing out that breasts serve a purpose other than sex. Where does she think we pee from? Secondly, I don't know of ANY men who think that a woman gets something sexual from breast feeding as she indicates. That's just weird.

The problem regarding this is the difference in attitudes toward men and women with respect to the same issue. If you tried to tell a woman that her shirt was too tight, or her pants were too big or that she was showing a camel toe, etc., there's the fear of meeting a sexual harassment suit. Men are supposed to know better. That's bullshit. If one chooses to see the penis as JUST a sexual organ, that's on them. If one chooses to see an erection (visible through clothes) as something JUST sexual, they're stupid. Guys on this board can attest to the fact that boners come and go and they're not always about being horny.

D

deleted356736

In my country for many decades, fully exposed male nudity on film is acceptable, and on television later in the evening (after 9.30pm) too. Many mainstream films have been made with full male nudity, more recently erections, and quite okay to show in cinemas and on television.

As far as women's breasts go, in many culutres they are not considered sexual at all. However the rounded shape is not essential for breastfeeding, and women could feed just as well with a flat chest like other primates. Indeed, smaller busted women can breastfeed more easily than larger busted women. Beyond this ambiguity, in my country topless bathing is the norm these days, on mainstream beaches everywhere. So in summer you don't have to look far to see breasts and nipples, as has been the case for many decades. But no genitals, either sex, you need to go to one of the many nudist beaches for that.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A chum of mine was (recently) charged with indecent exposure for taking a pee on the outside wall of a bar. It was dark and winter in Northern Michigan. The charge was parlayed away, but dude was sure scared. It would have been a felony.
Would you have preferred he get ticketed for littering? :lmao: :tongue:

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my country for many decades, fully exposed male nudity on film is acceptable, and on television later in the evening (after 9.30pm) too. Many mainstream films have been made with full male nudity, more recently erections, and quite okay to show in cinemas and on television.

As far as women's breasts go, in many culutres they are not considered sexual at all. However the rounded shape is not essential for breastfeeding, and women could feed just as well with a flat chest like other primates. Indeed, smaller busted women can breastfeed more easily than larger busted women. Beyond this ambiguity, in my country topless bathing is the norm these days, on mainstream beaches everywhere. So in summer you don't have to look far to see breasts and nipples, as has been the case for many decades. But no genitals, either sex, you need to go to one of the many nudist beaches for that.

In the U.S., it appears most people consider exposed breasts of females, to be indecent exposure, however, most people seem smart enough to exclude natural breastfeeding from that. Should be okay to expose a breast, if there is a baby to explain for it. Sorry, no excuse for Janet Jackson's stupid stunt.

nitsud

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

WWG?

I had the same happen to me. I had to go to court and pay $105 fine.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In Ontario the Crown has to prove that your exposure reasonably shocked and horrified the people around you. Therefore, if you pull your dick out in a mall you're going to get in trouble. Pull your dick out at a nude beach or Pride parade and you're okay. For instance, the nude bike run in Toronto doesn't get in trouble because there's a big group of naked people just riding their bikes in a downtown core. People tend to cheer them on.

Also, in Ontario, it's kosher for women to go topless in public places.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Pull your dick out at a nude beach or Pride parade and you're okay. For instance, the nude bike run in Toronto doesn't get in trouble because there's a big group of naked people just riding their bikes in a downtown core. People tend to cheer them on.
I'm going to have to plan a trip to Ontario and bring my bike! Sounds like a hoot!

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Womens breasts serve a function other than sexual arousal. Their primary function is actually for breast feeding an activity which is most definetely not sexy for any woman who has done it. Many men don't realize that. :rolleyes:

Ok, big difference between a womans breast sans nipple and a male penis. You are an adult you know that. Why are you asking such a juvenile question? :mad: You can't show a female vulva either with or without the clit showing. :rolleyes: :duh:

We usually only claim that if the outline is of a large penis. Like it or not the penis is a sex object.

Well, some women have said that breast feeding is stimulating sexually and worry about it.

One claim in this direction led to a child being taken away from the mother. It was a moment of stupidity for all concerned.

Anyway, indecent exposure has many levels, and was recently given to a man in this state for masturbating in his car 500 feet in front of a school bus.