what is it about red wine???

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Actually Milk Toast you are becoming boring.
Your aguments are becoming circular and repetitive, which pretty much has you pegged as an amature debater.
Here is the tip that you are really lacking in your style Milk Toast...
You don't keep repeating the same arguments and rebuttals.
But it is to be expected from one of your age and lack of experience
Better luck next time Milk Toast with your arguments on the next thread.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
MMm I recommend a Jacob's Creek - St. Hugo, Cab Sav, 2002 if you can find it. My wine merchants only had the 2004 in stock but it is a wonderfully lush wine, deep, heady. If this wine doesn't light a fire in you noting else will.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
MMm I recommend a Jacob's Creek - St. Hugo, Cab Sav, 2002 if you can find it. My wine merchants only had the 2004 in stock but it is a wonderfully lush wine, deep, heady. If this wine doesn't light a fire in you noting else will.

Oh, that's right...we were actually discussing wine at one point... but trust me, that's not the Aussie that lights my fire. :wink:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well there is an Aussie that comes to mind...Bold, assertive,
A very precocious little vintage.
Heady, spicy and intoxicating with a long, long finish.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That hangover that accompanies it, and they are the most intense hangovers I've ever experienced, I call that:

"The Grapes of Wrath"

Without even getting into my opinion about your posts, actually HG and Dragonfly have pretty much covered it, I just couldn't let this one go by without a tip. In the future...you might want to refer to your wine hangovers as:

"The Wrath of Grapes"

See what I did for you there? Now it's clever and witty. :smile:

pantano

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
a good reserve rioja for me and my girl :) though we lucky we living in spain and we can get good red for a good price here, some friends from the uk always take home some case when they been over with their car as the same wine there cost them 2-3x as much

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perhaps you didn't address me directly, but given the public nature of these forums that's a pretty asinine point of equivocation to raise. The stupidity is further intensified by the fact that you were neither directly addressed, nor your opinions solicited, either.

Evidently, you were unsatisfied with the lack of attention being paid your prattle and you felt it acceptable to take a schizophrenic swipe at someone with no apparent provocation. In so doing, you painted a big, fat bullseye on your flabby belly...so whether or not you think you've asked for it, I'm carving a chunk out of your chubby butt and feeding it to you.

Again, I entreat you to fuck off. I'm certain there are some gamer or kernel or automotive forums where you'd feel much more among your element, and where the denizens are more apt to bother with anything you have to say. Around here, you're a minor, momentary nuisance to the grown ups...nothing more.

An adult ? First, a "Piss off", then a "fuck off", what next a "fuck off and die" ? That's about as grade school, candy-@ssed as it gets. Why don't you go back to playing with your mother's lipstick and make up ?

Schizophrenic swipe with no apparent provocation, that's a laugh ? For the record, page 3, she said:

Goodness sweet go right ahead and explain things.
It's such a novelty to have someone knowledgable post rather than have to put up with the mindless dribble that Transformer has been inflicting upon us.
With a bit of luck the verbose know it all will learn something...but I won't hold my breath.
(mix sprite with it! Good lord and saints preserve us! )

Please be as selective in your reading and comprehension as you can be. Feel free to justify your erroneous assessment as it supports your agenda. As for you carving me anything from my own body and feeding it to me, that's even more laughable seeing how your whole charade of chivalry was based on false assumptions. You'd have about as much chance of being the hero on this as Bush has in apprehending Bin Laden or finding WMD's in Iraq.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Without even getting into my opinion about your posts, actually HG and Dragonfly have pretty much covered it, I just couldn't let this one go by without a tip. In the future...you might want to refer to your wine hangovers as:

"The Wrath of Grapes"

See what I did for you there? Now it's clever and witty. :smile:

Thanks there Stretch, you can take that saying anywhere you want to go with it, and if you think your rendition of it is cleverer & wittier, more power to you. I hope you have better material and content in your posts ? Because agreeing with the other two, this would surely disappoint them, the best part of your post I supplied you with the concept in the first place.

Wine = Grapes of Wrath
Hangover = Wrath of Grapes

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
a good reserve rioja for me and my girl :) though we lucky we living in spain and we can get good red for a good price here, some friends from the uk always take home some case when they been over with their car as the same wine there cost them 2-3x as much

I've yet to try a Rioja.
I will have to see if my wine merchants carry it.
With all the good press it has recived in these threads I admit I am intrigued.
What can one expect from the variety?

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

A recommendation from you ? Stop It ! You wouldn't know the difference between last year's gallon of swill and anything vintage. You must be confused at the grocery store and they have more than one season or winery estate on hand of any given wine type and then wind up buying it based upon price ?

Really, Wine Merchants = Grocery Store ? See if they carry it ? You're so cute when you're full of sh*t !

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks there Stretch, you can take that saying anywhere you want to go with it, and if you think your rendition of it is cleverer & wittier, more power to you. I hope you have better material and content in your posts ? Because agreeing with the other two, this would surely disappoint them, the best part of your post I supplied you with the concept in the first place.

Wine = Grapes of Wrath
Hangover = Wrath of Grapes

Just a quick note. It would be more clever and more witty...not cleverer and wittier, and yes I think my rendition is. Also I'm sure you're aware that the "Grapes of Wrath" is a John Steinbeck novel from 1939 and that The Wrath of Grapes has been used as a play on that title to describe a hangover for years. But if you would like to take credit for the concept then knock yourself out.

By the way...maybe think about chilling out and let this thread get back to the discussion of wines. Your rants are really annoying and will only continue to reflect very poorly on you. Start your own thread if you really think you have an opinion that people might actually be interested in, but stop polluting this one please.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
A recommendation from you ? Stop It ! You wouldn't know the difference between last year's gallon of swill and anything vintage. You must be confused at the grocery store and they have more than one season or winery estate on hand of any given wine type and then wind up buying it based upon price ?

Really, Wine Merchants = Grocery Store ? See if they carry it ? You're so cute when you're full of sh*t !

dude - you're like the kid on the playground that pulls a girl hair when he has a crush on her. Your antagonism is very telling. That post wasn't addressed to you and in your attempt to get a rise out of DF, you're annoying ME and everyone with your criticisms/hair-pulling.

If you want to flame on - do it on another thread...like a political thread. Limit your contribution to the subject of wines, not criticisms of the user. Posts like the one above, are not necessary.

10inchtim

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've yet to try a Rioja.
I will have to see if my wine merchants carry it.
With all the good press it has recived in these threads I admit I am intrigued.
What can one expect from the variety?

I was at a symposium in February, where there were 7 of the top Rioja producers. The primary grape in Rioja is Tempranillo, which loosley translated means, Early.

Tempranillo is one of the more challenging grapes to work with. Given its propensity to ripen early with late fruit maturity, as well as being a very vigorous grower, good vineyard mangement is paramount.

Due to the length of time it takes Tempranillo to reach full maturity, post verasion (turning red) it is typically VERY high in P.H. (Low in acid) which makes for a very fleshy and drinkable wine, IF the winemaker is judicious about tannin management. (Not entirely different frim Aussie Shiraz producers) If not, the wine can be massively tannic and one dimensional until there is 10 years of age on the bottle.

Frequently, Tempranillo will be blended with a bit of Garnacha (Grenache) to help soften and round out the wine.

Good Rioja from the Ribera Del Duero will set you back a good chunk of change. However, great values which are just labeled "Tempranillo" from Argentina and Chile can be found.

In terms of paring, a mild Chirizo, Serrano, or Bresola are faboulos. I also recomend good old fashioned Spanish Tapas.

10inchtim

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There was something going on between my glass of Cabernet Sauvignon last night ;)

Yeah, I kinda feel bad getting into it with Senor Rubirosa. I am not a fan of hijacking threads. I forgot how ruthless people can be in these forums.