Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Out of curiosity, is anyone dating or in a relationship with someone who is in the business field like lawyer, CEO, & etc? how do you all find a balance between work and your relationship? is everything smooth sailing or do you have your differences?

I know it might be a silly question but I really want to know. For some reason, I really have a liking for business guys but not sure how a relationship or even dating them would be like and where that would lead.

Any opinions/suggestions/comments are welcomed :)

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was a workaholic for years, though never in upper executive management. I required the utmost in patience and deference to my job, which paid our bills and, inevitably, came first.

Sometimes one must subsume one's ego for the good of the household.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
It's not much different to dating someone starting up their own business, or trying to grow it.

If you're needy, it's not going to work. You would need to be fairly self reliant, have your own interests , & provide a happy contrast to their employment.

Just like most relationships, lol.

jj27

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think it all really depends on the type of person you are dating and not their job occupation. There are people who make time for their lives and people who do not make time for their lives. I have dated 2 female lawyers and 1 female executive. One lawyer made quite a bit of time for her personal affairs. However, she suffered from what I would call "princess syndrome." She needed to be the center of attention anytime she was out. Her friends always came before my friends. Sleepovers were always at her place only. Most "date nights" were actually a composite of hanging out with her friends in a club, having sex and sleeping over, and hanging out with her friends again in the morning. She was easily agitated over small things. For example, we overshot the car by a block when we were walking, she would be very pissed off and the whole date was ruined. She also would be upset when she didn't constantly receive updates on my social life. And when she was upset, she would intentionally not hang out with me and go out late at night with her girls and to do a little flirting. Reading this all back, she sounds quite cruel, but it was really just a minor personality disorder. In general she was popular, friendly to me and others, and a pleasure to be around. In the end though, it was her personality, and not her work that made the relationship not work.

I dated a high level executive for a few months who was about 15 years older than me. She took her work very serious but she was very capable of keeping a great personal life. She would go out on weekends, take vacations and was a die hard sports fan. She made time for her sports including taking days off of work to watch them! She also kept in great shape and the sex was some of the best I've ever had. In the end, the age differences and our real interests drove us apart. It was kind of a long fling more than anything.

And the other lawyer I dated is almost completely consumed by work. We saw each other about once every two weeks. With initial dating that makes it very tough to create a real relationship. It quickly fizzled out and was over.

I hope you find this information useful. From my experience, I wouldn't agree that the stereotypes of a person working in a long-hour occupation are true. I do think there is a much more prevelant link in someones out of work behavior and success in a relationship.

I hope this helps even though you are asking predominately about male executives.

Otep

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Not all business owners, CEOs and lawyers lead incredibly busy lives. There are tons of "high power" people who keep regular business hours. In many fields it depends on the specialty that people focus on. Dating a dermatologist is much different than dating a surgeon. Same with lawyers. Dating a corporate lawyer is much different than dating someone who is in family practice.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Not all business owners, CEOs and lawyers lead incredibly busy lives. There are tons of "high power" people who keep regular business hours. In many fields it depends on the specialty that people focus on. Dating a dermatologist is much different than dating a surgeon. Same with lawyers. Dating a corporate lawyer is much different than dating someone who is in family practice.

That's the point - a family lawyer doesn't have to put in the long hours to get the mahoosive bucks & bonuses.

If your working life consists of swimming with sharks, you've got to make sure that they can't bite you. It's not just the hours, the responsibilities & the deliverables, but the social business side that you have to attend to too.

The only people who work 9-5 ish in those sort of roles are delegators, & they make everyone else work the long & stressy hours. I've never met one who actually knew what the actual business was themselves, which always caused problems when they had duff subordinates. The truth is, you can't delegate knowledge & passion - so those kind of people are useless outside of the admin type roles that they generally outperform in.