What Is It?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
That makes your life worth living?

And those of you who have suffered depression what made your life worth it those times also.
My depression is cyclic. It never completely lifts, but it does deepen sometimes. How do I hang in here? The disease never touches my love of beautiful things, for some reason. I continue to create and to enjoy the work of others through the hard times, although I sometimes have to force myself to do it. Ultimately it comes down to love and discipline. My depression is not really a mood disorder so much as an energy level disorder, as it's tied to my thyroid.

It is a very complicated question and deserves a more complete answer than the one I've just given. I'll be back later.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Nothing keeps me here.

Joking aside, my animals keep me alive because I know the people who got them after me could not give them the level of care that I do.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Everything.

we all face an eternity of non-being.

Contrasted with that unknowing void- this brief moment of being is all good.

Even the painful parts... it is so sweet to be able to have your heart broken... to FEEL something.

I delight in it all.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That makes your life worth living?

Basically its boils down to these:

* The reward of watching a toddler learn and grow
* The occasional pats-on-the-back I earn at work
* The simple satisfaction I receive from leading long hikes in the mountains on summer weekends.

And those of you who have suffered depression what made your life worth it those times also.

What sustained me was little more than the belief that if I can just endure the difficult times, better times inevitably arrive.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me, sometimes the ONLY thing that made me hang on was the thought that the future could be better. Unfortunately, it often seems like just more of the same, but I still hold out for a better future, even now.

And I do have friends now, both in the city where I used to live, and the city I live in now. I have my parents where I grew up, but no friends there, and never did have, even when I was living there. I only was really able to make real friends when I moved to the city.

But yes, my friends keep me going, as well as still trying to hold on to hopes for the future.