What is "Large"?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK@Jan 24 2005, 01:03 PM
Pardon my tacit ignorance this fine morn, but just exactly who or what is Kinsey?
[post=276900]Quoted post[/post]​

Kinsey is a doctor who has done extensive research on various sexuality issues, he published one of the most extensive surveys on penis size to date, with 5000 test subjects. Although like most other surveys, his were self-reported, being a medical survey and not an online "who's got the biggest dick" survey, it seems more reality-based than any other survey I've seen. You can google on "The Kinsey Report" and get all the info you'd ever want. I've read several other surveys since being on here, but they just lack the clarity and sample size of this particular report.

someone2004uk

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by 1000inchpenis@Jan 18 2005, 08:21 PM
Hi,

I was just searching the net for reassurance that I wasn't "small" (I’m a 18 year old guy).

I want to think I’m larger than average (who doesn’t!) but I do think the average penis size is about 5.5inch, and not the 6-.6.5 inch you see on some internet surveys!
(I’m sure 90% of guys don’t tell the truth in these surveys).

I’m about 6.4inch long, 5inch girth. I think that’s a bit above average ?

But I am asking in the large penis support group so I’m bound to feel small around you guys. !
[post=275445]Quoted post[/post]​

I really wouldn't worry too much, your definatly within the average penis size bracket. I think the most important think to worry about is actually getting to like your own first, regardless of size :)

If you can't love yourself, you can't love others. It takes a while to become comfortable with yourself, but when you do, you feel so much better.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Kinsey was a zoologist. In 1948 and 1953, he released two volumes about human sexual behavior.

Kinsey was a hit in pop culture. Cole Porter immortalized the report with the stanza: "According to the Kinsey report/ev'ry average man you know/much prefers to play his favorite sport/when the temperature is low/but when the thermometer goes way up/and the weather is sizzling hot/Mister Adam for his madam is not/cause it's too too/it's too darn hot, it's too darn hot/It's too too too too darn hot". The term Kinsey Six came to be a nickname in gay circles for people with no heterosexual experiences (or even fantasies) whatsoever, after Kinsey's seven-point scale. (It starts at zero.)

Suffice it to say, because Kinsey's reports discussed homosexuality and masturbation, McCarthy accused him of being a communist, and the ministers of the time said it was proof of the decay of morality in America or whatever.

In more recent years, there's been a fundamentalist assault on Kinsey's credibility. Mostly they focus on one table, regarding orgasm in prepubescent boys. Kinsey garnered the table from the journal of a pedophile who began before World War I. Reisman, de Mause, Dobson, and their ilk assume Kinsey did the experiment himself; the latter would've been more scientific, but less ethical.

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd like to add something about the whole "not being big enough" issue that has been dealt here a little bit. While having a conversation with Madam Zora once I admitted that I would like my penis to be bigger. I think the impression I left on her was that I was unhappy about the size of my penis as it stood now: that is not the case. I do not need to have my penis bigger; I am perfectly content with its size right now although I have run into compatibility problems in the past, the good and bad level each other out. What I meant by having one a little bit larger was that I figure since I already have some problems with girls taking the entire length and an inch or two is sticking out anyway there might as well be another inch or two added on so that the "good" of first impressions would be that much more substantial. This was only semi-serious though as I do realize that having a 10 incher would probably be not all its cracked up to be, I've never scared any girl away, and I think my penis is the perfect size, big enough to get a comment but not too big as to scare people away; just enough to intrigue, but not too much to frighten.

Another thing: My penis is not the source of my insecurities, or confidence, they have nothing to do with my penis, but more so my experiences in childhood.

I do not mean to make generalizations as I realize that not all men are like me, just want to add my perspective to the whole thing. Having an extra inch or two would be nice and fun non-sexually, but I would definately rather have the penis I have now.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
GBO, I never took your comments to mean that you didn't like your dick, but it did surprise me nonetheless. I guess I can understand because I used to want bigger breasts, mostly for the "wow" factor. I think it's just more common for girls to have big breasts than for guys to have large penises, so to see someone like you who is already huge to wish he could be bigger was something of a shock to the system. It was an indication to me for the need for a group such as this for everyone to learn to be more comfortable first with discussing our insecurities, and then for addressing them. So much good stuff has come out of our talks here lately, it makes me feel very good to be a part of it all.

Sweet Caroline:
Originally posted by 1000inchpenis@Jan 18 2005, 08:21 PM
Hi,

I was just searching the net for reassurance that I wasn't "small" (I’m a 18 year old guy).

I want to think I’m larger than average (who doesn’t!) but I do think the average penis size is about 5.5inch, and not the 6-.6.5 inch you see on some internet surveys!
(I’m sure 90% of guys don’t tell the truth in these surveys).

I’m about 6.4inch long, 5inch girth. I think that’s a bit above average ?

But I am asking in the large penis support group so I’m bound to feel small around you guys. !
[post=275445]Quoted post[/post]​

My experience, though not as far reaching as some of the people in these forums, tells me the 5.5 average is just about right. I've only seen two that were larger than 6 inches. The vast majority were between 5 and 6.....

And for the record, a 5-6 inch penis does the job just fine, there's sooooo much more to it than size.

Carrie

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I'd like to think mine is large. However just as at the sacred McD's you have large, super size, super super size etc hehe. But yeah, I think girth is what really makes a cock appear large though, a sense of fullness, you know its like large in every way. A 8"x5" penis wouldnt look as big as an 8x6 one...

regular joe: I was wondering about this stuff- where is average vs. large perceived by most people. I always felt smallish, even now. This site has given me a better perspective on my size 7.3 x 6.25, which I guess is in the large group. I am not sure about being larger, but at 8" I may not think of it as just average or even smallish.

SickBoy:
Originally posted by LeahCat@Dec 29 2004, 09:40 PM
From my experience most women consider 7-8 inches as being large, and they probably wouldn't want anything bigger. But this is LPSG, so I am wondering if the women here are open to the 10+ "huge" category or just the same as most women, looking for the slightly large size (7 or 8")

No hugelyhung, not only am I open to the 10+ 'huge' category I welcome it. I dont consider that preference to be standard by any means, as Ive said in a post elsewhere, but it is my personal preference.

It's also not a 'fantasy' size for me. Despite my ethnicity (angloAsian) and size (5`4) I do have a longer/deeper vagina than most girls. The average women has a depth of 3-4 inches and is capable of doubling that when aroused (why the average woman can take the average man). A very small percentage of women have a depth of 5-7 inches doubled when aroused. Im in that very tiny bracket.

As a result I've yet to find a guy so long I couldn't take him in all the way to the balls. The longest so far was a measured 11.2 inches and as i was very aroused the length wasn't an issue for me. Of course, if i wasn't aroused then 7 or 8 could hurt like hell. Girth is usually a bigger factor although Ive always found it more a case of taking your time the first time then everything is fine after.

Basically, Im built to take a very large cock so why not enjoy them as large as I can, knowing that most girls would never be able to take completely a guy of that extreme size.
[post=270747]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah that's a streotype My gf's asians and she the one that ever said "deeper" to me

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
I'm taking a college sexuality class and yes, we've hit upon the topic of size in it. You have to sign a waiver in order to take the class so you can have discussion without a bunch of lawyers showing up. Anyway, the book pretty much backs up the kinsey #'s on length & girth. I even remember Maxim running a column a year or so ago where they'd set up a booth at spring break and offered to measure the guys if they...whatever, I don't remember the details, but the ave guy there was 5.8" (I think) and they supposedly measured several hundred guys.

I've been above average/large/big/huge/whatever for a long time and my biggest concern has always been not hurting the girls I've been with. I've not always lucked out and found these "deeper" women that are commenting in this thread ;-) I don't mind showing but don't always want to show, like some of the guys here seem to. I also can't control it and just go with the flow. I've seen pics of Hammer from the early 90's...don't want to dress like that in order to hide my bulge lol