What is love, baby dont hurt me

douchenbaggin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Catchty song :p.

Anyways I have a question about certain feelings. Love is a pretty touchy subject on the basis of what it really is. It's hard to describe I know.

But what would your interpretation of these feelings be?

Me and this girl have been friends for quite a while. I'd say about 3 years now? We dated at first before we really knew each other (mistake), but we couldn't help the attraction or chemistry. We broke up due to her thinking there was something still with her ex. It sucked for me, but we didn't date that long so it was no biggy really. We both lost our virginity to each other. We didnt talk for a couple months after that, and I thought that was that.

Well we started talking again as friends and without any explanation our chemistry was still there. Shes the only person I can actually trust with my most personal shit, no matter what it be and vice versa. Everyone says that they can sense chemistry between us, real strong. We won't even have to talk just look at each other and people know its there and so do we. I can talk to her nonstop about random shit and its like having a best friend who happens to be a girl with extreme chemistry. All the feelings got a lot stronger after we got to know each other a lot better and I can read what shes thinking or if somethings wrong without her even speaking, just by her looking at me. Same with her.

We've both been with other people since and the feeling is still there, it seems it just gets stronger, rather than fading like I'd assume it would.

Based on this would you make the assumption that it's love?
My brother said love for him and his wife was just like being best friends with all the feelings and connections as a significant other, but first and foremost, best friends.

Just looking into some insight on how to grasp these feelings, and its mutual we often discuss and joke around about what the hell is it we have between each other.

D_skeaflea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No more.

Whoa-oo-whoa-oo whah-ahah-ahhahh, ah wah-ahahahhh, oh waaaah-ah-ahhh. . .

Anywho, it isn't usually common for a girl to be able to think of a guy as a lover after she's been friends with him. That fact that her ex is still involved is always bad news; It's going to create jealousy, because she's going to still want him in her life in some aspect. If you tell her not to talk to him (for obvious reasons), she'll most likely think of you as an asshole.

My question: Do you ever see yourself in a working relationship with her?

douchenbaggin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oops, I left out that part. Her ex is no longer part of the equation. While they dated we hooked up and we both felt terribly bad, but it's nearly impossible to set aside the chemistry and attraction when we're together. It was bound to happen. They both realized it was going no where and believe me they both knew it, it was a matter of attachment, not feelings. I knew the boyfriend enough to know so I'm not making an assumption really.

I honestly could. We've both had other relationships and we both come to the conclusion that its nearly impossible for anything else to compare on a level that we have.

I probably sound like I'm a love sick puppy over the internet, but in reality its just hard to explain it all.

Ironically enough, all the horoscopes between our signs describe what we have down to a T. In aspects of love, it says we are the perfect pair.

"It's not making love, unless love is being made."

Love for me would be akin to a warm / deep feeling off affection. Though, on the topic of love there may be the kind that is expressed through our actions too.

People experience romantic love two different ways. What you describe seems to fit the most common definition. I know you haven't talked about your intimate time with each other and that's OK. If that time is spent in the same kind of feeling, with a sense of openness and bonding, then I'd say you're most definitely in love.

I'm very happy for you!

douchenbaggin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tried to leave out the intimacy part due to an accusation of just lust or infatuation, but when we go at it I swear a fire could be started beneath us. It's incredible. The same openness is there as well.

It's like no matter the circumstances we can be ourselves 110% in front of each other no matter how qwerky we are.

We're just completely comfortable with each other and thats the best part.