What is Meniere's Disease?? I get this question a lot and wanted to repost some info

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MidwestGal, Jul 10, 2007.

1. MidwestGal

MidwestGal Member

Albums:
    Vestibular Disorders Association | Vertigo, Imbalance, Dizziness resources - Meniere’s Disease

Meniere's Page - Symptoms

I have been getting this question several times a week again, so I am posting these links for those who were wondering more about this inner ear disease.

There are several of us on this board who have this disease and I am sure the others don't mind educational links. Yes, we look normal but our balance is screwed up due to an extra accumulation of fluid in the labarynth of the inner ear.

As for me, I am 31 and have had this disease since for 8 years. It took three different doctors and 7 years to get a final and right diagnosis which I myself had correct 8 years ago. My treatment was pretty much the same diet restriction, drug therapies, and a surgery on both ears last year that have failed. I recently moved to get another more invasive surgery to either destroy my balance center in one side or get the balance nerve cut.

Please feel free to ask questions, make comments, others with the disease add your experience. It's always a good opportunity to educate others on this disease! I'm always happy to share my experience and give the opportunity to educate people.

Draft saved Draft deleted