What is more important?

D

deleted1075650

What is more important, the shape and body definition, etc, Or the person and the personality?

Having a defined muscular body doesn't mean you're healthy, mentally and physically. Most of the time it's egocentric. (body pics no face). How many times have you met somebody with a fantastic body but discovered that they are complete and utter ----?

So I asked the question again, what is more important, the person or the body?

D

deleted1074483

it does rather depend doesn't it?? if you meet in real life you may get to know a guy's personality first and then come to fancy him and recognise him for all those 'deeper' things - online, in a bar etc, surely we're first all just attracted to the guy because of how they look (and not everyone goes for great bods, else i'd never have had hookups or ltrs lol).

it does also depend on what you're looking for at the time? for just a hook up its gonna be looks that get you hard? If you're looking for something longer term then we're all gonna say 'personality' aren't we??

For me for ltrs it has to be a combination of things, looks, personality, some stuff in common (eg ways of looking at life) etc - in these instances you can come to 'fancy' someone over time.

For a hook up as i'm not really a wham bam thankyou sir guy it has to be looks and that something else i get bored.

is there an easy answer to your question? I suspect not?

jtheimpaler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What is more important, the shape and body definition, etc, Or the person and the personality?

Having a defined muscular body doesn't mean you're healthy, mentally and physically. Most of the time it's egocentric. (body pics no face). How many times have you met somebody with a fantastic body but discovered that they are complete and utter ----?

So I asked the question again, what is more important, the person or the body?
Depends on the scenario…. I enjoy a lot of random hookups…. In those scenarios it is more about physical attraction and the sexual side of their personality coming through

with longer term arrangements it tends to spur from a one night but is defo built more on personality…. But their body probably got them into bed in the first place…

8inchPole

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The person for a long term relationship. But I also want be physically attracted to a partner, not gonna lie. Otherwise, we should just be good friends. I don’t want any resentment from a partner sensing I’m not attracted to them. Ideally, we get along great AND I find you attractive. Eventually, I hope the relationship becomes strong enough to concern itself less with physical appearance. But initially, sexual attraction is somewhat primal and superficial for me.

cantaloupe

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You can't separate the person and the body. It's usually not either or and any person can do something to have a good body.

D

deleted5199391

Depends. What I want to do with that person?
If it's not a good person, probably we can't be friends.
If that person shape / body / face or whatever don't turn me on, we can just be friends.
I think the question is overly simplified.
If I had to decide between this two, being a good person is more important.
I'd rather have sex with a good person that is also attractive to me :)

Shyboy44044

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a sentence that goes with me a lot of years:
The beauty openes the door and the character let's you in.

It basically means stop the hypocrisy.
No one would ever walk up to other person and hit on him just because of his character (that he still not familiar with).

They both important, find someone you find attracted and have the character that make you fell in love with.

BTW, if talking about a night stand, delete everything I said: find someone you attracted to and have the same "head" (dirty minds) as you.