What is normal testosterone and prolactin levels?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by westell1, Jan 4, 2010.

1. westell1

westell1 New Member

My testosterone level about 6 months ago was 412. My prolactin was 24 which is very high. My endocrinologist sent me to do a test and my testosterone level is 478 and my prolactin is 16.8.

I'm 23 male Asian if that matters. Does anyone know what is the appropriate range for someone my age range? I don't want something like 350-1100 because that is the range for people of all ages. She also told me that testosterone differs depending on ethnicity. If your asian according to her, it would be less. I googled that and it says that is false. Who is wrong here?

She would not put me on hormone replacement therapy b/c my T level is average according to her. Thoughts?

2. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've not seen any research where levels are averaged for age. Probabaly because such information being public would make it harder for them to baffle us with bullshit.
    Dave

3. westell1

westell1 New Member

Is it a good idea to buy these products and use them without consulting my endocrinologist?

4. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

I'm not sure what products you're referring to - you asked for "normal" levels by age. I was just posting that link as it has a chart showing ranges based on some research.

Hormone replacement is not something anyone should undertake without medical supervision. Endocrinologists are notorious for knowing nothing about male hormones. You need to see a doctor who specializes in male hormones ... many are considered "anti-aging" doctors. Don't accept the counsel of one endo saying you're "normal" as "normal" (as you cite, 300-1100) is all but meaningless.

5. westell1

westell1 New Member

So what kind of doctor should i be seeing?

6. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

Search in your area for "anti-aging medicine" clinics/doctors. Unfortunately, they are not easy to find, especially if you're not in a big city. Other than that, try to find an Endo or GP who specializes in male hormone replacement.

7. westell1

westell1 New Member

i live in new york city.

8. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

Good, you should have no problem then.

9. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Agreed - dont phuck around taking pills. You can really mess your system up.

See another physician, or a Homeopathic MD that specializes in hormonal imbalances.
    Living in NY... Like Eisenhower said, you shouldn't have any issues at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted