What is Obama good for...

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most of your post above, like most of your posts in general, was a rant. Hardly anything convincing was written.

you republican rubes can SAY things... but that is not an argument.

You have no evidence that Obama is anything like Bush. No evidence that Obama is accusing republicans of things he has done.

REALLY and FOR TRUE... try and employ some THINKING skills.
Tossing out accusations unsupported by argument, example or analogy is worse than weak...
It makes you look like a tool of right wing disinformation.

You guys really have to get away from personality attacks and focus on actual issues... like their POSITIONS.
First of all, I am not a Republican, I am an independent who prefers Hillary Clinton, but despises Obama because of how inconsistently he portrays himself and his convictions.

As for the Bush parallels, Obama is the lesser experienced man on his ticket, so was Bush. Obama is the one using hate and fear (of conservatives and Republicans) to muster his voting block. Obama has preached unity (remember, "I'm a uniter, not a divider"?). Bush attacked civil liberties through legislation. Obama attacked democracy in the the primaries when he pushed for a resolve to the Florida and Michigan debaucles that would have gone against the party's bylaws. The list goes on...

Frankly, you have no base for callign someone out for lack of fact and misinformation, because your rant above makes several conclusions of fault that are not logically sound. I have given my position a lot of thought. I am fully confident to be able to defend my positions in an intellectually honest way. I cant say I have heard a genuine argument from you.

As for the personal attacks. Obama has made most of them, and so do his supporters. They attack things which dont matter, like gadget use and calcuable wealth. McCain has attacked Obamas experience, positions, and character. They are all important, especially character (dont confuse character attacks with personal/personality attacks). In fact, if it were not for Obama's seemingly complete lack of character I would vote for him.

Now please take your vacuous rants elsewhere, or have something intelligent to respond with.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
you republican rubes can SAY things... but that is not an argument.

You have no evidence that Obama is anything like Bush. No evidence that Obama is accusing republicans of things he has done.

REALLY and FOR TRUE... try and employ some THINKING skills.
Tossing out accusations unsupported by argument, example or analogy is worse than weak...
It makes you look like a tool of right wing disinformation.

You guys really have to get away from personality attacks and focus on actual issues... like their POSITIONS.

I am not saying that the Democrats in office are particularly brighter or have better ideas...
I am saying that for 10 of the last 12 years, republicans have controlled both house and senate... and for 6 of those years... controlled house, senate, executive AND legislative branches.

You can not blame ANY of this disaster on democrats because they had been rendered totally moot by republican control.

Therefore... it makes republicans look particularly whiny and childish when, after all this time in power, they STILL blame everything they have done on democrats.

The Nation, TODAY, is precisely what republican policy, alone, has made it.

That should be evidence to any honest conservative that, either republican politicians do not enact conservative policies... or that conservative policies do not have the effect conservatives want.

They have not resulted in a stronger, more stable nation nor economy.

Therefore... true conservatives... as opposed to blind party fanatics... should be pressuring the republican party for SUBSTANTIVE REVISION.

Clearly, the free market has proven that it would freely destroy an overly greedy and unregulated economy.

Clearly, borrowing money and lowering taxes to spend wildly on a war that does us no good is not good fiscal management.

Clearly, freeing up the private sector to do as they please has proven that the private sector is too incompetent, or too unprincipled, to responsibly run their own industries.

And, clearly... the republican party- despite protestations of change we can believe in, has no plan to reduce spending ( which will have to PRECEED any increase in taxes to prevent even worse falls in revenue.)

They would cut obligations to American citizens, to further a war that has not benefited the US. A war that has, in fact, diminished the standing of the US world wide.

And they STILL beat the free market drum of how government is the problem rather than the solution.

Conservatives... if they really do care about making this nation stronger, would realize that the Republican party needs to be taken out of power for a while, to teach those in power that they have to re-think their policies... and to give the party time to reflect on how they do not live up to their stated platform.

When the shit hits the fan, economically, the US needs to pull back from foreign adventuring... re-build our depleted and over worked army... and focus on the needs of the American people rather than imaginary threats from a few thousand religious nuts.

In business... if a particular business model does not work... does not achieve the objectives expected of it...
Then you CHANGE it.

The conservative government model has not worked... has in fact failed spectacularly.

Are you business-like enough to accept that your theories of how the market works are wrong... and work on a new and entirely different business model?

Or is the only objective of conservatism to put republicans in power and Keep them in power?

If government is the problem... then, for the past 12 years, the government has been republican.

Ergo republicans and republican policy is the problem.

McCain and Palin are espousing the Bush Doctrine of fear and war and have NO plan to significantly alter free market initiatives.

Our problems with Muslim extremism are rooted in OIL...
Global Warming is rooted in OIL...
Inflation in the market is rooted in OIL...
No amount of drilling will keep pace with drying supply and rising demand...

The obvious and intelligent solution is to do everything we can to eliminate dependence on oil... to eliminate the need for it...
Doing so would SOLVE the four largest problems America is facing right now.

And the republicans sit in their gatherings and CHANT "drill drill drill..."

If you care about the future... about your childrens' futures... how can you possibly support the party and the plan that has failed and will continue to fail to address these real issues?

Excellent points, Phil. Unfortunately they are lost on those who have decided the don't like Obama.

Apparently their personal dislike (or distrust) of him (based on a myriad of offered reasons: his experience, his alleged inconsistencies - as if McSame were consistent, his alleged "personal" attacks against his opponent - as if he weren't responding in kind to a party that has made a science of personal attacks, swift boating, lies, and misinformation) is such that they'd prefer four more years from McSame rather than opt for change.

Virtually every negative they can offer up re. Obama can be offered in triplicate on McSame (excepting perhaps his race, which in too many cases, if not most, is the real issue - and excepting maybe experience; though given McSame's experience of voting along with Bush 90% of the time should hardly be a positive).

I've made the observation here on past occasions that when people vote for a candidate who is obviously the lesser of two it is a vote against something (an ideology) or someone (a candidate, a constituency)... It is not necessarily a vote for someone.

Many are prepared to settle for McSame - obviously the worse candidate, because they'll never accept the other.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
First of all, I am not a Republican, I am an independent who prefers Hillary Clinton, but despises Obama because of how inconsistently he portrays himself and his convictions.

Bullshit. You're a closet racist who's vote is predicated upon the STUPIDEST critera, rather than upon policies and issues.

As for the Bush parallels, Obama is the lesser experienced man on his ticket, so was Bush.

What are you smokin? Bush was a governor, His Father was president and he worked for his father during his administration.
Bush is a Washington insider from a family of Washington insiders who got into Yale because of his daddy rather than his scholastics.

Cheney had never held elected office- Cheney was the less experienced man on the ticket.

What a bullshit criteria on which to base your choice for president.

Eisenhower had no experience at all. GReat president.
Nixon had LOADS of experience- shitty president

Obama is the one using hate and fear (of conservatives and Republicans) to muster his voting block.
What the fuck!?
Now I KNOW you are really a republican bullshitter...

Obama is not using fear of republicans... he, like a lot of this country, have HAD it with their failures.
That's not fear... that ACUMEN.

McCain is beating the scary terrorism drum....republicans are the ones who HATE liberals- who stoke the furnace of fear... fear of gays, fear of illegals
fear of the Bin Lafen guy they have failed to do anything about for 7 years.

Obama has preached unity (remember, "I'm a uniter, not a divider"?).

Yeah... but Democrats actually do unite... and Bush was just LYING.

Bush attacked civil liberties through legislation. Obama attacked democracy in the the primaries when he pushed for a resolve to the Florida and Michigan debaucles that would have gone against the party's bylaws. The list goes on...

What a bullshit artist you are... Hillary- who you claim to have supported, LED the push to not recognize Florida and Michigan--- and changed her mind when it looked like she would need them.
That was a decision by the DNC... NOT Obama.
Neither Obama nor hillary decided to have ENRON lawyers go to the supreme court to stop a recount in a State run by their brother.... A State that had ample evidence of election fraud.

And- BTW- Hillary says HER supporters support Obama. Because the POLICIES are more important than the persona.

Frankly, you have no base for callign someone out for lack of fact and misinformation, because your rant above makes several conclusions of fault that are not logically sound. I have given my position a lot of thought. I am fully confident to be able to defend my positions in an intellectually honest way.

Given them thought? No you haven't.
IF you gave them thought and really cared about policy and really supported Hillary then you would support HER choice for president.

All you have given thought to are republican disinformation points and the color of Obama's skin.

As for the personal attacks. Obama has made most of them, and so do his supporters. They attack things which dont matter, like gadget use and calcuable wealth.

Don't even start... you are so obviously a republoican tool its laughable.

Republicans don't attack Obama for experience- because they chose Palin-
They attck him for his MIDDLE NAME

How fucking pointless isd that?

And why? To try and get folks to equate Obama with Muslims?
Republicans attacked him on the basis of FLAG PINS!

In fact, if it were not for Obama's seemingly complete lack of character I would vote for him.

Now please take your vacuous rants elsewhere, or have something intelligent to respond with.

Lack of character?

You mean the way he can speak in articulate sentences? respond honestly and forthrightly to questions of race and "flag pins"?

You much prefer the charcter of a man who left his wife for a rich heiress and a woman who refuses to comply with the law of the state she governs?

Please- you are such an obvious republican shill... as bad as Trinity.

You haven't even MADE an argument... just reciting Bill Oreilly's bullet points...

You're a clear fake
or you're an empty headed racist...

and that is all you are.

Last edited:

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bullshit. You're a closet racist who's vote is predicated upon the STUPIDEST critera, rather than upon policies and issues....
You haven't even MADE an argument... just reciting Bill Oreilly's bullet points...
You're a clear fake or you're an empty headed racist...and that is all you are.
Thanks for illusrating my point about hate. Stop and listen to yourself. Your bile and hate are characteristic of many of Obama's supporters.
What a bullshit criteria on which to base your choice for president.
OK, lets talk criteria. I ask you, what has Obama done to EARN your trust and vote?
I can list several things that Obama has done which I find reprehensible and have caused him to lose both my respect AND my vote. As a gay man, I would like a candidate who when they say they support gay rights, make the smallest effort of attending their hometown gay pride festival. Obama was in Chicago that day, but he practically avoided the pride events. Also, he has at times used very anti-gay religious surrogates such as reverend Meeks in his campaigns. Looking at Obama's legislative record, he voted "present" more times than he took positions in the Illinois state senate. He SAID he would fillibuster FISA (the bill that woudl give immunity to telecoms and allow unwarranted invasion of privacy), but he voted for it in the end. He voted against legislation that would have protected the rights of surviving infants. Similar legislation passed the US congress almost unanimously. He said that there was already legislation protecting the rights of those children. Can there really be TOO much protection for children? No. Obama opposed funding measures in the Iraq war which would have put our troops in danger BEFORE they made it back home. Obama promised he would take public financing. He reneged. When he first ran for state senate, he used Chicago style politics to have the other names removed from the ballot, in some cases citing signatures which were printed rather than in cursive. And regarding th primary:
What a bullshit artist you are... Hillary- who you claim to have supported, LED the push to not recognize Florida and Michigan--- and changed her mind when it looked like she would need them. That was a decision by the DNC... NOT Obama.
You need to refresh yoru history. Hillary Clinton was goign to respectfully ignore the results of those two states until it was discovered that their vote counts might actually matter. In that case, she suggested that if the votes are goign to matter, and there is ANY question as to how valid the results are, there should be a revote. Obama lobbied to prevent a revote, and further asked for 50% of the delegates from Michigan where he voluntarily removed his name from the ballot. It doesnt take a 6th grade intellect to tell you that if you remove your name from the ballot you should receive NO VOTES. There is actually and official "uncommitted" status in the DNC bylaws that would have allowed the Michigan delegates to vote as they pleased at the convention. Obama really played with democracy there, and I cannot forgive it. So I ask you again: What has Barack Obama DONE to EARN your vote? Notice, I do not ask what Obama SAID, or what Bush did, or what Hillary did, or what McCain might do. I want to know specifically what Obama has done in his record that you find so compelling as to win yoru vote with no consideration for any other candidate.

I can think of a few things that I admire in John McCain's record. John McCain has often worked across the aisle in bipartisan efforts, which I beleive are gogin to be key in getting America out of its current messes. John McCain worked with Feingold, a democrat from my state of Wisconsin, on campaign finance reform. He followed through on that by accepting public financing for his presidential campaign. Just today, John McCain suspended his campaign in order to do his duty as a US Senator in tryign to find solutions to help the American people in our current crises. John McCain has repeatedly fought pork-barrel and other wasteful spending in federal government, and while he has asked for pork in the past, his total requests are outshadowed easily by the nearly one-million dollar-per-day-in-office that Barack Obama's pork barrel requests have amounted to during his tenure as US Senator.
And- BTW- Hillary says HER supporters support Obama. Because the POLICIES are more important than the persona.
I would just like to remind you that although Hillary has endorsed Barack Obama and has campaigned for him and the Democratic party, she has never taken back ANY of her past criticisms of him. In fact, other than urging others to support Obama, she rarely if ever praises Obama for anythign in particular.
Given them thought? No you haven't.
IF you gave them thought and really cared about policy and really supported Hillary then you would support HER choice for president.

All you have given thought to are republican disinformation points and the color of Obama's skin.
Don't even start... you are so obviously a republoican tool its laughable.
Republicans don't attack Obama for experience- because they chose Palin-
Palin has executive brach experience as a mayor and as a governor. You cannot simply dismiss her because you havent heard fo her before now.
They attck him for his MIDDLE NAME
How fucking pointless isd that?
And why? To try and get folks to equate Obama with Muslims?
Ah, the race card. Obama plays it like its the only card in his deck. If he isn't doing somethign right, it's the racists that are preventing him.
Lack of character?
You mean the way he can speak in articulate sentences? respond honestly and forthrightly to questions of race and "flag pins"?
You much prefer the charcter of a man who left his wife for a rich heiress and a woman who refuses to comply with the law of the state she governs?
Evidence please, for the refusal to comply with state law. As for the wife thing, I do not presume to understand the romantic interests of John McCain, Cindy McCain, or his first wife. I have no reason to beleive that any particularly heinous act was committed by any party involved. People drift apart, and divorce happens.
You're a clear fake
or you're an empty headed racist...and that is all you are.
Once again, all you can do is use politically and socially charged words to defend a weak position. Voting for Obama does not make you any less of a racist and voting for McCain does not make you any more of one. Also I would like to note that if Obama should become inelectable due to some huge scandal and Hillary were put atop the ticket, I would vote for Hillary Clinton. I agree with many of her policies, and also find her of strong enough personal character to serve well as President.

inman69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Obama is only good for 2 things...(1) Making you afraid of it...and (2) Telling you who's too blame...without really wanting to help the country out and only looking out for his legacy.
The reason he's not gaining in the polls is he doesn't get and he can't sell it!
He should be at 60%.

It's like jacking off and never shooting your load.

And???

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
As a gay man, I would like a candidate who when they say they support gay rights, make the smallest effort of attending their hometown gay pride festival. Obama was in Chicago that day, but he practically avoided the pride events. Also, he has at times used very anti-gay religious surrogates such as reverend Meeks in his campaigns.

Give me a fuckin break dood! You HONESTLY think that Mccain will do more for gay rights then Obama? You are smoking crackrock!

Obama

-supports repealing Don't ask, don't tell
-he supports hate crime legislation for gays and transgender people
-he supports expanding ENDA to include sexual orientation and gender identity
-he supports is civil unions, but not the term "marriage"
-he was against the Federal Marriage Amendment and the Defense of Marriage Act.

Mccain supports NOTHING for gays. Not one single thing.

-Mccain is against non-discrimation laws that would protect people from being discriminated against based on sexual orientation
-He does not support hate crimes laws for gays
-He does not support civil unions or gay marriage
-He is against gays adopting
-He supports Don't ask, don't tell and thinks its been "very effective"
-He supported an amendment to the Arizona constitution that would ban gay marriages and deny benefits to unmarried couples.

CLEARLY Obama is LIGHTYEARS ahead on gay issues. I have always failed to see how gays and lesbians can support a party that is actively working against our interests and treats us with such distain. That ALONE would disqualify them from my vote. Would a black person in the 50's have said, "it sucks that the Republicans want me to have no rights, but DAMN, they'll sure grow the economy!" Of course not! Thats ludicrous.

Obama supports 90% of what gays want. Lets be realistic, we're not going to get everything, just like under Clinton. But we are talking about 90% versus the 0% mccain will give. I'll take something over nothing ANYDAY.

What if Mccain got elected and died? Palin supports CONVERTING gays to be straight. You're down with having a president that would try to convert us? Give your head a shake!

D

deleted15807

OK, lets talk criteria. I ask you, what has Obama done to EARN your trust and vote?

After being gang raped by the Republican Party for 8 years he doesn't have to earn or prove a damn THING. All I need to know is the 'D' after his name and he's got my vote. I wouldn't vote for ANYTHING with an 'R' after his or her name, not to even run a dog pound.

We’re living in an age of one-letter politics, in which a politician’s partisan affiliation is almost always far more important than his or her personal beliefs. And those who refuse to recognize this reality end up being useful idiots for those, like President Bush, who have been consistently ruthless in their partisanship.

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
After being gang raped by the Republican Party for 8 years he doesn't have to earn or prove a damn THING. All I need to know is the 'D' after his name and he's got my vote. I wouldn't vote for ANYTHING with an 'R' after his or her name, not to even run a dog pound.

We’re living in an age of one-letter politics, in which a politician’s partisan affiliation is almost always far more important than his or her personal beliefs. And those who refuse to recognize this reality end up being useful idiots for those, like President Bush, who have been consistently ruthless in their partisanship.
Translation: Obama hasnt done ANYTHING to earn your trust, respect, or vote. You are giving it to him as a free gift by virtue of the fact that he is not a republican. You are just prejudiced against republicans. Thanks for your honest admission.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

Translation: Obama hasnt done ANYTHING to earn your trust, respect, or vote. You are giving it to him as a free gift by virtue of the fact that he is not a republican. You are just prejudiced against republicans. Thanks for your honest admission.

Prejudiced? What a joke. Unspeakable breathtaking incompetance...serial disasters. And we are still supposed to realistically consider them?

Republicans are simply unfit to govern. Why would I vote for someone to lead an organization they admittedly hate and see as a problem? You get the last 8 years all over again. NO THANKS!!!

Translation - those who vote Republican are idiots

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Prejudiced? What a joke. Unspeakable breathtaking incompetance...serial disasters. And we are still supposed to realistically consider them?

Republicans are simply unfit to govern. Why would I vote for someone to lead an organization they admittedly hate and see as a problem? You get the last 8 years all over again. NO THANKS!!!

Translation - those who vote Republican are idiots
Your signature describes you well. Again, thanks for proving your prejudice again and again.

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's a lot of nerve from someone who has filled several posts with un-sourced talking points.

I assume you're going to edit in your source citations later?
My talking points are corroborated by historical facts. Anyone can find them if they look, and you don't even have to look that hard.

ripsrips

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Thank you Gene you've been outed.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Please come up with a thought or original idea. You're like a hall monitor.

LOL. This, coming from a guy that parrots talking points and email forwards.

I'm so completely out of line for asking people to support what they say. You make a bold claim, you better be able to back it up. If not, you're full of shit. Apparently where you come from, you can just make up shit and if your "gut thinks it's right", then it's right.

Truthiness, of course.