What is "sounding"?

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've just heard this term within the past year or so. It is apparently some new type of sex play. It seems to be it would be incredibly painful!!!!!
Am I naive and way behind the times?
Thanks for those who educate this senior citizen!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ouch! Are you a masochist? Because if you aren't, you really don't need to know.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What really horrifies me is the use of GLASS rods... GLASS...

I have heard kidneys stones described as 'passing a glass shard'....can you imagine of one of those broke?

well if folks have unprotected sex...what the heck...why not glass rods down your pee pee...

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ouch! Are you a masochist? Because if you aren't, you really don't need to know.
ery

No, I'm not. The only time anything has been stuck down my dick was when I had surgery. When the nurse removed it I was conscious and the pain was horrible! It was worse than having my back waxed!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As most members know, I'm into some really extreme sexplay, but sounding just gives me the willies. It's like pushing a knitting or crochet needle into your urethra: no thanks.

I have played with two guys who really really liked sounds; once was many years ago (30 now, to be exact :rolleyes:) who wanted me to insert as much of my pinky into his dick as I could, and made it to the second knuckle. The second brought an actual sounding "kit", and his thing (among many) was to have me masticate (hard) his dick with a sound inserted. In each case, it was a question of doing something otherwise distasteful to accommodate someone's odd request.

The concept of either sounds or catheterization is deeply disturbing to me at a base and fundamental level: it's neither something I wish to repeat for others nor anything I can possibly imagine for myself. I get a reflexive pull on my hips just thinking about it.

To the member who worried about glass: it's the most easily sterilized of any material, which is why it's used. Metals or plastics can accumulate bacteria more easily. This is an explanation, not a recommendation.

IRL, sounding is exceptionally rare compared to more mundane extremities like WS or fisting.