What is the attraction to a Large Penis?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SomeGuyOverThere, Jul 13, 2005.

1. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Inspired by "What is the attraction to LSPG".

I'm wondering, what is the attraction to having a large penis?

Why do you (or dont you) think a large penis is superior to a small one?

Its a question that has been bugging me for a while, it bothers me in particular because im slightly paranoid about my penis size (I'm allways diving for the stalls in men's toilets.... well not litterally, but I dont use urinals much), Im just afraid of my own size in relation to other men. (though I sport a nicely above average erection, my flaccid state can be a bit... uninspireing)

So I question myself - why do I find it so important that my penis should be larger than those of other men? Why do I feel inferior because I am not in posession of one that scapes along the floor when flaccid?

Now, logical interrogation reveals this:

1: Penis size does not, in real terms matter, because sexual excitement relies on skill, not size of genitallia.

2: Penis size does matter, because everyone thinks it matters.

It seems as though the feeling that bigger = better, is self forfilling - because people think it matters, then it does matter, as other people will have certain judgements about it, makeing it important in social terms.

It seems to me that I have this predjudice hardwred into my brain (aswell as self importance), that I should have a larger penis because it makes me better than other men, and a desire to have a rediculously large penis.

Now, the only actual advantage I have found is this: when jerking off, I can wrap both hands around my dick with extra space left, which is simply more fun than one hand.

Woopdy-doo! Not exactly mind-meltingly better is it?

Yet still I feel touchy about it, still I cant help but instantly feeling that I am inferior to those who are more hung than myself, and superior to those who have been less favoured by the game of "Genetics Roulette" their parents played resulting in them.

This makes me feel a bit guilty and depressed at the same time, guilty that I hold such shallow views in my heart of hearts, and depressed that I'm not hung like an elephant. :( Which ofcourse leads to more guilt about having such shallow views inside.

It seems that I am stuck with this pre-held judgement on size, and although I try my best to supress it, and pack it away, I know that it still effects my actions, I still hide in the stalls to take a leak, and I still am far more interested in large phallices than the small ones.

So, what is all this about? Does anyone have any extra insight, or more justification to like large penises? Or is it simply a figment of the collective human conciousness that bigger is better, therefore making it a self forfilling fact?

2. absinthium

absinthium New Member

Albums:
    I've never really understood the obsession some men have with their penis in general. I enjoy penises in all of their various shapes and sizes, and find that how much I like the individual attached to the penis outside the bedroom has way more to do with how good the sex is than anything else. For instance, the best sex I've ever had has been with a guy who doesn't have the biggest dick I've ever encountered... We just happen to have a lot of the same preferences, which makes things fun. Plus he knows what he's doing, and actually gives a shit as to whether I have a good time or not. That always helps.

I do think a lot of the hype stems from societal conditioning... We all hear that having a huge dick is something that your partner will find arousing, it's something to be immensely proud of, and that anything less is somehow unacceptable. I think that's total bullshit, myself, but it's not something I've ever had to worry about personally.

We all have our insecurities, and I think to a large extent that other people see those as opportunities to put us down and, often times, take advantage of us. (Enter the penis pump industry, for example.)

Seriously, though... Of all the things to be preoccupied with, cock size has got to be one of the silliest. No matter what you've got going on, you're going to be able to please people with it, you're going to find people that find it attractive, and EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY. So take a deep breath and be glad you're capable of masturbating at all... Some folks don't even get that!

3. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex

overgeneralization. there's a lot of folks who are more aroused by the visual stimulation of a bigger dick. there's also a lot of folks who simply prefer bigger dicks for purely physical reasons. we're all different.

<!--QuoteBegin-absinthium
    @Jul 13 2005, 06:49 PM
    I&#39;ve never really understood the obsession some men have with their penis in general.[/quote]
    ditto.

4. B_Yoselin

B_Yoselin New Member

I, since I have use of memory, I always have been attracted by men of very long penises. I like to observe nake men who should have the excessively long penis, specially if this one suffers it is a flaccid-penis that is very long. My I like Ésto much. I am a woman who obtains sexual excitation(excitement) of a very rapid way because I am very visual, when I observe a nake man to a few seconds already I am excited...

And if as addition this one man has a flaccid-penis that is very long I get excited even much more. It(he,she) is because of it that my I like very much the men who have the very long penis. Frequently when I have these rare(strange) opportunities to be able to see nake men who are taking a shower, I take advantage of the ocación and I practise the mastubation while I them am observing to them.

This one is the reason for which to my me there fascinate the men of very long penis... This one is my opinion and obviously not all the women think like I, mine is a very particular case. There are women that they do not like the men of long penis; to my yes me gutan they.

Saludates... Bye&#33;&#33;.

5. B_Yoselin

B_Yoselin New Member

I, since I have use of memory, I always have been attracted by men of very long penises. I like to observe nake men who should have the excessively long penis, specially if this one suffers it is a flaccid-penis that is very long. My I like Ésto much. I am a woman who obtains sexual excitation(excitement) of a very rapid way because I am very visual, when I observe a nake man to a few seconds already I am excited...

And if as addition this one man has a flaccid-penis that is very long I get excited even much more. It(he,she) is because of it that my I like very much the men who have the very long penis. Frequently when I have these rare(strange) opportunities to be able to see nake men who are taking a shower, I take advantage of the ocación and I practise the mastubation while I them am observing to them.

This one is the reason for which to my me there fascinate the men of very long penis... This one is my opinion and obviously not all the women think like I, mine is a very particular case. There are women that they do not like the men of long penis; to me yes I like them.

Saludates... Bye&#33;&#33;.

6. B_Yoselin

B_Yoselin New Member

ANSWERING 2:

In my personal case, it is not that a small penis is lower than a big penis... Or that a penis that is very long is much better than a short penis ... not&#33;.

What happens is... That in my particular case I obtain excitation of more rapid form with a man of long penis than with the opposite... I have had sex with men of small penis and I have enjoyed very much, BUT I enjoy more (visually speaking) with a man of very long penis.

When to they (the well-endowed-men) penetrate me with a penis that is very long or very thick, this causes to me much pain and inconvenience, BUT to visual level, I get excited more with a very long penis than with a short penis.

To me much like to do the fellatio and the masturbation to the men of very long penises; but to me do not like that they penetrate my sex.

The men of long penis ARE NOT ANY MORE MEN that the men of short penis, all are equal, but I (I ignore the reason) I obtain more EXCITATION with a very long penis that with a small penis.

Bye&#33;

7. Knight

Knight New Member

Yeah I think the argument that most hung guys are shit in bed is to make the lesser endowed men feel better. Although only &#39;moderately&#39; hung (I guess) I&#39;m not a &#39;two pumps and a squirt&#39; kinda guy. I can last ages, which I guess is irrelevant. I&#39;m also good at fingering. That&#39;s about it. I spose I know how to &#39;use&#39; my dick, like push it in deeper etc, sorta lift it up so it rubs along the roof of the vagina or something...its not really that hard. Of course there&#39;s still more to learn like oral and whatever else but I&#39;m not that bad in bed is my point. I&#39;m only a Squire when it comes to sex :p

I don&#39;t like large penises, except my own.

8. dig

dig New Member

Hi there. My first post&#33;

Sounds to me like you, someotherguy, should not feel sheepish about the size of your penis. Nor should anyone else, really. But the thing that is so great about penises is that they come in all shapes and sizes. And yes, there&#39;s something that&#39;s a real turn-on about a hot guy with a big dick. But as a gay man, I can tell you that I just love dicks in general as long as they&#39;re attached to cool guys. If a guy is attractive to me, I will find his dick attractive too (unless it is wildly deformed or something--but that&#39;s not what we&#39;re talking about here&#33;).

So use urinals with pride, my friend&#33; LOL. Seriously though--you shouldn&#39;t be worried about this.

9. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Knight

Yeah I think the argument that most hung guys are shit in bed is to make the lesser endowed men feel better. [/quote]

The implication is not that well-hung men have no sexual skills, but that sexual skills are worth more than size alone. There are men who have immense penes who are of the opinion that their size is all that is needed; he needs not put forth any effort on his part. "I have a big cock: service it." If a man has both size and skill, so much the better. But most will undoubtedly agree that given the choice between size and skill, skill wins out.

10. absinthium

absinthium New Member

Albums:
    I&#39;m sure my experiences haven&#39;t been exactly the same as everyone else&#39;s on here, but I&#39;ll have to say that the bigger guys I&#39;ve been with have not been very ...Shall we say "creative" in bed. I do think, to an extent, that a really hung guy might not be as preoccupied with the quality of his performance because he&#39;d be relying on the size of his penis alone to do the job. Whereas a guy who might know he&#39;s smaller will try harder to please his partner... In fact, I&#39;ve been told by a average-sized guy that the size of his penis isn&#39;t as important to him as how well he does making his significant other enjoy the experience. He&#39;s said it bothers him if he feels he&#39;s not doing a good enough job.

This probably sounds just as bad as all the people who suggest that ugly/fat girls have to develop a personality so people will find them attractive, whereas pretty girls can get away with more... But Jesus, isn&#39;t that the case a lot of the time?

11. Karen M

Karen M New Member

Maybe I&#39;m the odd girl here, but for me the biggest appeal is a nice bulge on a man, at least visually. A man who can&#39;t hide it with clothing is much sexier to me, regardless of size, than one who can, and in fact is more appealing than a naked man. I suppose it&#39;s the old "something left to the imagination" thing, but that&#39;s what does it for me. Of course, the rest of him has to be appealing too or I&#39;ll probably never even notice. I do have to say, though, that I&#39;m only talking about visual appeal. There&#39;s so much more to it than that, and ultimately a bulge or the lack of one is a very minor consideration.

In the bedroom, I can only say that I probably wouldn&#39;t want to go back to someone smaller than my husband, but that&#39;s mostly based on the fact that his size is what I&#39;m used to. I wouldn&#39;t want anyone bigger, either, at least I don&#39;t think so, and I&#39;m truly not inclined to find out.

:) Karen

12. Karen M

Karen M New Member

Maybe I&#39;m the odd girl here, but for me the biggest appeal is a nice bulge on a man, at least visually. A man who can&#39;t hide it with clothing is much sexier to me, regardless of size, than one who can, and in fact is more appealing than a naked man. I suppose it&#39;s the old "something left to the imagination" thing, but that&#39;s what does it for me. Of course, the rest of him has to be appealing too or I&#39;ll probably never even notice. I do have to say, though, that I&#39;m only talking about visual appeal. There&#39;s so much more to it than that, and ultimately a bulge or the lack of one is a very minor consideration.

In the bedroom, I can only say that I probably wouldn&#39;t want to go back to someone smaller than my husband, but that&#39;s mostly based on the fact that his size is what I&#39;m used to. I wouldn&#39;t want anyone bigger, either, at least I don&#39;t think so, and I&#39;m truly not inclined to find out.

:) Karen

OOPS, sorry for the double post&#33; :blush: :blush:

13. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

I&#39;ve never understood this argument. Why is it implied that the well-endowed are poorly skilled? A well-endowed person can always get better, but a lesser-endowed guy can&#39;t get bigger.

It sounds like another one of those "Size doesn&#39;t matter" things to me.
    [post=328880]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    You have utterly and completely missed the point.

I did not say that having a big dick made you utterly clueless in bed, I said that skill is almost certainly more important than size.

14. madame_zora

Gold Member

I am constantly surprised at the extent to which men are competitive. That it would revolve around penis size should not surprise me, but it does. Having been a larger size and "other" race all my life, I have always known that certain kinds of guys would just not find me attractive. This didn&#39;t cause hideously low self-esteem, I rather just focused on the guys I thought I would have a chance with rather than the ones I probably wouldn&#39;t. Sure enough, some guys find well-rounded girls of odd ethnicity rather attractive while others do not. This is just what makes the world go around, nothing to concern myself over. To hear someone dumping such refuse on themselves over their penis size makes me sad.

Julianna said it best, for me. It&#39;s not really skill that makes a great partner, it&#39;s interest. While technical skill is great, that comes with time, but if a guy is really interested in seeing that I&#39;m enjoying myself, I usually will. If he obsesses about his penis, size or other concerns, and needs a lot of reassurances from me, I&#39;m probably going to get grossed out and want to leave. If you want to be a great lover, TALK to your partner&#33; Ask them what they like, what feels good, share with them what you like and everything will be just fine. Your penis is only a PART of the sexual act, not the focus. A giving partner is always an exciting thing to find.

Now, some size debunks. All hung men aren&#39;t lousy in bed, stupid, vapid, or anything else that people like to believe. They are just men. While it is true that they suffer from the same tendancies as all members of the human race, there are still those who do actually bother to develop a personality and skilz in the sack. In my own experience, having a large endowment causes it&#39;s own set of issues (although perhaps different from the issues of men who perceive themselves as smaller) that they have had to work through. It is this process of overcoming our fears that makes people more expansive and interesting to be around. I find I have very little to talk about with those who have had comparitively easy lives in the mainstream norms of society. Without some reason to grow, many people do not&#33; Therefore look at your insecurities as a way to grow yourself into a distinguised and more beautiful human being and you can&#39;t help but be a winner.

15. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Women like it because it turns them on and makes their pussies wet and tingly.

16. absinthium

absinthium New Member

Albums:
    That, and stupid, sweeping statements that are obviously meant to be antagonistic REALLY get me going. Thank you for being so attuned to the female psyche.

Have you ever considered volunteering at your local defenestration tower? They could use more potato sacks like you...

17. BuffMusicIdol

BuffMusicIdol New Member

I don&#39;t know about adding much to this because many of your remarks are very well thought out. I get intimidated a bit, I guess.

I think there are incredibly sexy small dicks, and incredibly sexy large ones. I think some of it has to do with genetics, and some of it has to do with charisma. (Those eyes and smile can be as sexy as that winky dinky...)

Now, as far as first impressions, I unabshedly confess large wins first place attention. It takes less than one minute for me to determine thereafter, if the personality is as impressive or not. If not, I walk.

I like DMW comments. In the end, skill will win out long term. Unless we are all here for one night stands, I think that&#39;s where we tend to live.

18. newe

newe Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Hey Karen, you should check out this guys jeans photos in his briefcase, since you like bulges. Just thought you would be interested.

http://profiles.yahoo.com/grnman2003

John

19. madame_zora

Gold Member

Well, I think this is an important distinction to make, Buff. First impressions and one night stands are very different things than serious attraction or relationships.
    Superficial things will always win out on first impressions and one night stands, that&#39;s the nature of the beast. Likewise a person who is very beautiful is more likely to get attention than one who is a cool person initially, that&#39;s just the way it goes. We could go on forever saying "It&#39;s not fair&#33;" but if we are honest, we do it ourselves, so let&#39;s just be realistic. If your dick is average size, then chances are no one is going to pass out at the sight of it&#33; Well, so fucking what? No one&#39;s ever passed out at the sight of anything on me either, I don&#39;t think that qualifies me for need for heavy sedation. We all need to get a grip on what&#39;s really important in life. I&#39;m not planning to be a porn star, so having normal looks and trying to do the best I can with what I&#39;ve got is about the best plan I can think of. To spend inordinate amounts of energy wishing I was something I am not would be a waste of time.

No need for you to feel intimidated, you brought out a very good idea here that we hadn&#39;t really honed in on.

20. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

About the same number of times you&#39;ve said this phrase: "No Senior football team, I will not let you run a train on me"

Draft saved Draft deleted