Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm putting my vote in for Cream. All three members were regarded as some of the best on their respective instruments. Plus, points for originality and influence. Too bad Bruce and Baker couldn't get along worth a damn =P

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can't imagine my life without Badge, so I'll co-sign to Cream. However, Sleater Kinney was pretty damn awesome back in high school.

Hell I don't know. Rush, ELP (through Brain Salad Surgery), Cream, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Quatermass, and T2 (the prog-rock band, not the electronic musician) are all 3-pieces that I love. But if I had to pick, I think I'll go with Rush.
I do not get the Rush thing, but the bf agrees - he thinks in terms of musical ability and performance they are still at the top of their game (as of their Jones Beach concert in 2010).

Bob Ross

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw Rush at Jones Beach in 2007 or 2008 (forget exactly when). It was a good show and I agree that they are terrific musicians (Neil Peart in particular) but they are certainly not one of my favorites...Good but not great IMO.

As per the original question; the bands as listed 1, 2, and 3 are probably what my answer would be.

Also, i'm with Helga: ZZ Top; the little band from Texas

Do the White Stripes or other bands with less than three count?

Also, Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Two

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
A lot of great bands mentioned. I can't say that any are better than the other, but my favorite to listen to by far is Muse. Every time I watch Space Dementia or Megalomania from Hullaballoo and I melt on the inside. Citizen Erased and Stockholm Syndrome from BDO 2004 never get old either.

One trio I saw when I was a teenager that were unfuckingbelievable were Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble. I saw them the year before Stevie died at a general admission concert outdoors. It rained, drunk people fell on me, two girls behind me tried starting a fight with me and I stood for 5 hours in wet sand to watch this concert. The conditions were deplorable but I was 10 feet from the stage and could see every drop of sweat and blink of an eye. The Stray Cats (another great trio) were supposed to play that day but they didn't make it.