What is the best large condom with spermicide

ItalianStallion: Simply what the title asks. I use Magnum XL's and I know that they do not come with spermicide, at least I don't think they do, so I just want to know what is the best large condom that comes with spermicide.

my dimensions are about 10" x 6.5" a little larger if I am really excited.

mindseye: Trojan also makes a large spermicidal condom.

However, the World Health Organization reports that there is no evidence that condoms lubricated with nonoxynol-9 are any more effective at reducing the risk of pregnancy than condoms lubricated with silicone.

Furthermore, they state "Spermicides containing nonoxynol-9 do not protect against HIV infection and may even increase the risk of HIV infection in women using these products frequently [ . . . ] A possible reason, suggested by the findings of other studies, is that nonoxynol-9 can disrupt the epithelium, or wall, of the vagina, thereby potentially facilitating invasion by an infective organism."

You may want to stick with the regular XLs.

ItalianStallion: Holy Crap !!! Why doesn't news like this get around? Yeah I am going to stick with the regular XL's, there should be a warning or something on the box (warning spermicide doesn't work, and increases the chances of getting hiv) I bet people would be more cautious to use them then. That is just redicoulous.

bigboybaltazar: Thank you mindseye for pointing out the research results on spermicides and increased risk of HIV infection. This has ben clinically proven that the vaginal, and most certailnly also, the anal mucus tissues become more premiable due to use of spermicides and therfore increase the risk of HIV transmission.

Research is being done on Microbicies (chemical barrier to prevent or reduce risk of HIV infection) used exclusively or in combination with condoms, if condoms can't be used or in the event of condom rupture. This is probably 3-6 years away from being on the market.

Untill then, the ways to avoid HIV infection are the usual, abstinence, exclusive mutual monogamous relations between HIV negative individuals, non penetrative sex or correct consequent use of condoms.