What is the best way to build muscle, arms/chest

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Texasjon, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Texasjon

Texasjon Member

Albums:
    I have put on too much weight over the past few years. Wanting to build broader shoulders, nice bicepts. Trimming down in general.

Where do I start? I want to see gains to keep me motivated. Too much great bodie on the site has made me....wake-up!!

2. bigmachine

bigmachine New Member

Join a gym and get a personal trainer to start, they will get you started.

3. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

I work on the chest press, butterfly, and pull down machines. I'm not sure of their technical names though. And I work with dumbells. I'm skinny, so I'm seeing gains a little faster. Nothing major right now, but I can tell a difference and it motivates me to keep going.

4. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Exercise MORE eat LESS.....there's no secret, you have to do BOTH

5. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

Most gyms will provide a small amount of free personal training time when you first join. This is a great opportunity to develop a training schedule with a trainer for a beginner or one who has been out of the gym scene for a while. You can also develop a home routine through researching the internet and men's fitness magazines. Good look to you!

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:

QFT.

Get into a cardio / resistance regimen. The cardio with lean your body down, while the weights will build lean muscle mass. Both will increase your resting metabolic rate, which also helps to lean you down.

Eat sensibly. My doctor says as a rule of thumb you need to consume 11 calories per day to maintain each pound of your body mass...so if your target weight is 150, you need to be eating around 1650 calories per day. Spread them out over four or more smaller meals. Drink lots of water, especially when you first wake. Always eat something when you rise, ideally something carb-heavy like toast. It snaps your metabolism out of fasting mode.

One last thing, and this is the one I can't seem to follow...get plenty of sleep. Most anabolic muscular development takes place when you're at rest...so if you're not sleeping enough, you won't build muscle as well.

7. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

lots of different excersizes, each works a different muslce, or different portion of a muscle, do a google search or something, id imagine there will be millions of results,
    and u dont just wana work your bi's, tri's and chest, that would look retarded, you need to work your back, shoulders, and everything else,
    like i said in another thread onetime, i had friends who use to only bench press and do curls, that way they could brag to guys about how much they can bench, and they can show girls their bicep, which means nothing

8. Texasjon

Texasjon Member

Albums:
    thanks guys! Diet is the hard part - re-training my likes away from FRIED FOODS.

Draft saved Draft deleted