What is the big deal with the size of the penis?

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
Research appears to indicate that natural selection has established a penis size of between 5-6 inches. So what's the big deal?

Natural Selection? No, not really. That's just an average.

Natural selection would be women seeking out larger ones.

zaza

Experimental Member
Media
Natural Selection? No, not really. That's just an average.

Natural selection would be women seeking out larger ones.

.....Perhaps most women don`t find them because most men are average!

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've never considered myself average. I am sure there are many average penis size men who read these threads. However, since this group is for largerer then average penis sized men. We are in the minority. The reason I posted this thread was to see the reaction to he statement. and the reason is most men seem happy with what they have between their legs.

For those who are not aware, natural selection is defined as the process in which some organisms live and reproduce and others die before reproducing. Some life forms survive and reproduce because they are better suited to environmental pressures, ensuring that their genes are perpetuated in the gene pool.

Since the average size penis is between 5 - 6 inches, there has to be some reason as has why this has occurred and since they make up the majority of men, natural selection will still be in favor of the average size penis.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
I've never considered myself average. I am sure there are many average penis size men who read these threads. However, since this group is for largerer then average penis sized men. We are in the minority. The reason I posted this thread was to see the reaction to he statement. and the reason is most men seem happy with what they have between their legs.

For those who are not aware, natural selection is defined as the process in which some organisms live and reproduce and others die before reproducing. Some life forms survive and reproduce because they are better suited to environmental pressures, ensuring that their genes are perpetuated in the gene pool.

Since the average size penis is between 5 - 6 inches, there has to be some reason as has why this has occurred and since they make up the majority of men, natural selection will still be in favor of the average size penis.

I disagree that most men are happy with what they have between their legs...I however, will agree with you on your "natural selection" statement; and being in favor of average size.

Wrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually, natural selection pressures show that human woman do select in favor of a larger penis.

Humans have the largest penis to testical ratio of all primates. Humans also have the largest breasts of all primates.

Humans do choose in accordance with more pronounced secondary sexual characteristics.

eddie80

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know this isn't the point, but: just because the average size of a human penis is 5 - 6 inches, that doesn't mean that it was "naturally selected" as optimum. It just means that there is no particular disadvantage to it, from a survival standpoint, so it wasn't eliminated.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just a thought and there is not way to prove this - In a hunter-gatherer society, the larger penised men might have had amore diffcult time hunting because their larger dong got in their way ahs they ran after prey.

There is also the thought that larger penised men were prized for their prowess among the women, to the envy of the average size man so they banded together to do away with men who had this adaptation just as Homo sapien sapien, when they came into contact with Neaderthals, may have killed off the Neaderthal because the two groups were competing for the same prey.

But it's rare to find a society, in most of civilized history, where women had a choice. They may have had in some societies where women had greater reproductive rights such as in the female-dominated societies of sub-Saharan Africa, but in much of the world, reproductive rights were limited only to men. Marriages were, and still are, arranged by parents for social or financial gains in many places regardless of whether women were sexually attracted to their mates or not.

That fact alone would skew penis size. Even now, in nearly every society, men's penises are hidden until after a woman has already decided that a man has other attracting features. It is only very recently, historically speaking, that pre-marital sex has become at least somewhat socially acceptable in western and westernized cultures. For the first time in a very long period of time, a large number of women are able to once again judge if a man has a satisfactory penis before she reproduces.

I think that this situation, conversely, has also caused men to become more concerned about their penis size and has contributed to the new growing male modesty. Where once, not very long ago, men were never judged by women for their penis size until after marriage (and by then it was too late), now they are. Men feel they have to work much harder to be attractive to women. Bodybuilding, jewelry, meticulous grooming and hair removal, are all things relatively recent. As women were expected to work to attract a man, so men now are expected to work to attract a woman. It's not all one-sided. Men used to dress to impress other men, but now that's changing to include women as well.

The penis enters into this most importantly. Guys know that girls like bigger dicks and so work to improve them because there's a chance they'll be rejected for their penis size. There has always been a segment of men who have been interested in increasing penis size but nothing like we see now with pills on infomercials, in full-page magazine ads, high-quality pumps, enhancement surgeries, and the high-traffic PE sites. Men feel they have to measure-up to other men to attract and keep a sex partner because women are now empowered to not only choose their own mate but to take a "test drive" before deciding if that mate is right for them.

It's really interesting to look at male nude art from the late 19th and early 20th century. Many times in paintings and photographs, males were shown in bathing scenes not only completely nude and happily frolicking with each other, but even lounging right next to each other or sitting closely or leaning against each other. Now that's just right out gone and I think that's because men now feel as though by revealing their penis they're also revealing something very important about their ability to compete sexually with other men and we all know how men feel about revealing inferiorities, real or imagined, to other men.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's only fairly recently we've found the human body to be shocking, when most families lived in a dwelling that consisted only of one room there was no way to hide nudity. People grew up being accustomed to seeing naked people.