What is the bravest thing you have done?

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
What is the bravest (or most difficult thing) you have done?
or what is the bravest thing you would like to do? For me it would
be to make peace with being gay. I still have a long journey for that one.
(Understand that I will never feel comfortable kissing a man, or doing anything oral with a guy...Its just that I feel more attracted to guys than women)

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
At work, suddenly I was told that some jerk on the street was breaking into my car. I ran out there, puffed myself up as big as I could, and yelled at the guy "What the hell do you think you are doing?" and he immediately jumped on his trashy bike and started rolling down the street- leaving my car stereo in the dashboard hanging by just a couple cords.

Looking back, I could have been shanked or shot, I suppose. The dude never said a word- and he seemed high on something. I am sure it was drug-related.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When I was 21, I woke up one night and got up to have a piss. When I walked into the hall, some guy was there looking into my friend's room. I said "Mike?" thinking was my friend, but the guy backed down the hall saying "It's cool man, it's cool". I flipped on the light switch and he bolted through the kitchen and out the back door. I yelled "WTF!!" really loudly to wake up my friends and ran after him. It took about two blocks to catch him and grab him by the collar. We got into grapple until I got a low leg takedown and submission. I took him back and sat him on the picnic table in back yard where we interrogated him. The dumbass had walked right past two wallets and a baggie of weed on the kitchen table.

This all happened barefoot and in my white briefs!

We took the pot over to the neighbors and called the police. :)

When the adrenalin kicks in you'll do things you normally would not think about. Similar stuff has happened to me and I don't think it's brave, it's just automatic. Maybe stupid.

I don't know its the bravest thing I've ever done but it is the bravest thing my wiener dog has ever done. He helped me stab a burglar. In 2007, my senior year of high school, I came home mid-day to pick up my wrestling singlet for a tournament I had later in the day. It was my lunch period so I decided to just eat at home and watch a little tv in my bedroom. (It should probably be noted I like knives of all sorts and have a bit of a collection.)

My wiener dog is normally quite unless he sees someone on the street from his window he like to stare out of above the couch in which case he'll bark a bit but nothing really loud. This particular day he went ape shit in the kitchen barking and snarling up a storm. I figured maybe someone had walked to close to the kitchen window and he was warning them until I heard someone say "Oh Shit!" from the kitchen.

Someone had come in via the window over my sink while I was home alone with my dog. Hearing this person I pulled one of my larger blades from my wall and confronted him in the kitchen. Seeing me his eyes went wide and they were bloodshot making me think drug trip. He pulled a kitchen steak knife from the knife block and swung at me with it. I ducked under his arm and drove my knife home into his back beneath his left kidney. He went down but stabbed me in the ankle when he went down and then jumped up and bolted out the back door.

They caught him 3 months later committing another robbery and knew he was the same guy due to the poorly stitched 5 inch scar on his lower back. Long story short if my wiener dog hadn't gone ballistic I may have never known the guy was there.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
The hardest thing i ever did was stand by my baby daughters grave as she was buried.

The bravest was square up to 20 smack heads,4 of which were brandishing a Stanley knife and all had needles on their person.They were trying to brainwash one of my daughters into shoplifting,tomming and trying smack.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
(Understand that I will never feel comfortable kissing a man, or doing anything oral with a guy...It's just that I feel more attracted to guys than women.)

Well, as long as you are honest with guys about not kissing or doing oral--that is cool. But don't feel bad when they find men that will kiss and give oral.

When I first was coming out...I faced a lot of my fears about the process. I also felt that I may need to lose alot of straight people as friends and family in order to be the gay guy I am today. It was worth it.

Kissing a guy isn't a big deal. The gay men I have been with have had pretty good dental hygiene. Sucking cock isn't so bad either. That is just my opinion. Lots of straight men have expressed to me that eating pussy is a rush. I don't have the Vagaga jones. WHaT WouLD i KNoW aBouT SoMe VaGaGa aNYWaY?

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
(Understand that I will never feel comfortable kissing a man, or doing anything oral with a guy...Its just that I feel more attracted to guys than women)

not to nitpick, but it is possible you arn't gay

As far as the bravest thing I have done, I really don't know. I guess it depends on which of my fears are the strongest. It's hard for me to say if I was more afraid in one situation then another when the situations are so far appart in my life.
Some things I've done that I guess you could say counted as brave tho would be when 3 people took a pair of sunglasses off of a friend of mine. My friend was too scared to do anything but I walked up to them, spun the leader around and told him to give me the glasses back or there would be a problem and he did.
Another time when I was abroad, I was basically all alone. I mean I was part of a tour group but I didn't know basically any of the people I was touring with and I was a highschool kid at the time (actually I was a highschool kid for all of these examples) and this guy on the trip was going to sleep with this girl on the trip. But the girl was so drunk she could not make any kind of informed decission to be honest. So her friends basically plead with the room full of us to do something, and there are like 5 or 6 guys in the room so I figure yah no problem we'll talk him out of it...and everyone fucking sits there. Just sits there, so I'm like oh ok well I'll do it myself. On the way out the door I grabbed his brother who was in a desk chair and wheeled him down the hallway to the guys door because it was his brother and he should have been the one to do it in the first damn place. So I'm like "hey dude send her out or I'll break the door down with your brother." And he's on the other side of the door saying "my brother isn't going to help you." And I pick his brother up out of the chair and inform the jerk that I wasn't going to break the door down with his brother's help, I was going to break the door down with his brothers body.
The guy opens his door and peeks out seeing me about to launch his brother like a human battering ram and surrenders the girl. She vomits on my shoes seconds later so I guess my timing could have been slightly better but it did take courage because it was just me, and there was him and his brother and his brother was actually bigger then me.
The same girl in fact was being followed about London by some guy on this touring trip and I asked him to leave her alone so he did. I guess I have the touch.
Also on this trip (England is a rough place) a drunk guy was yelling at the girl who was checking us into the hotel because there was no one in the bar to get him a drink, I told him he probubly didn't really need another one anyway and he looked at me but because I am a large man instead of a tiny girl decided not to get mouthy and instead went back down to the bar level.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
When I was 21, I woke up one night and got up to have a piss. When I walked into the hall, some guy was there looking into my friend's room. I said "Mike?" thinking was my friend, but the guy backed down the hall saying "It's cool man, it's cool". I flipped on the light switch and he bolted through the kitchen and out the back door. I yelled "WTF!!" really loudly to wake up my friends and ran after him. It took about two blocks to catch him and grab him by the collar. We got into grapple until I got a low leg takedown and submission. I took him back and sat him on the picnic table in back yard where we interrogated him. The dumbass had walked right past two wallets and a baggie of weed on the kitchen table.

This all happened barefoot and in my white briefs!

We took the pot over to the neighbors and called the police. :)

When the adrenalin kicks in you'll do things you normally would not think about. Similar stuff has happened to me and I don't think it's brave, it's just automatic. Maybe stupid.

have you trained in Wrestling or BJJ or something

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
not to nitpick, but it is possible you arn't gay

As far as the bravest thing I have done, I really don't know. I guess it depends on which of my fears are the strongest. It's hard for me to say if I was more afraid in one situation then another when the situations are so far appart in my life.
Some things I've done that I guess you could say counted as brave tho would be when 3 people took a pair of sunglasses off of a friend of mine. My friend was too scared to do anything but I walked up to them, spun the leader around and told him to give me the glasses back or there would be a problem and he did.
Another time when I was abroad, I was basically all alone. I mean I was part of a tour group but I didn't know basically any of the people I was touring with and I was a highschool kid at the time (actually I was a highschool kid for all of these examples) and this guy on the trip was going to sleep with this girl on the trip. But the girl was so drunk she could not make any kind of informed decission to be honest. So her friends basically plead with the room full of us to do something, and there are like 5 or 6 guys in the room so I figure yah no problem we'll talk him out of it...and everyone fucking sits there. Just sits there, so I'm like oh ok well I'll do it myself. On the way out the door I grabbed his brother who was in a desk chair and wheeled him down the hallway to the guys door because it was his brother and he should have been the one to do it in the first damn place. So I'm like "hey dude send her out or I'll break the door down with your brother." And he's on the other side of the door saying "my brother isn't going to help you." And I pick his brother up out of the chair and inform the jerk that I wasn't going to break the door down with his brother's help, I was going to break the door down with his brothers body.
The guy opens his door and peeks out seeing me about to launch his brother like a human battering ram and surrenders the girl. She vomits on my shoes seconds later so I guess my timing could have been slightly better but it did take courage because it was just me, and there was him and his brother and his brother was actually bigger then me.
The same girl in fact was being followed about London by some guy on this touring trip and I asked him to leave her alone so he did. I guess I have the touch.
Also on this trip (England is a rough place) a drunk guy was yelling at the girl who was checking us into the hotel because there was no one in the bar to get him a drink, I told him he probubly didn't really need another one anyway and he looked at me but because I am a large man instead of a tiny girl decided not to get mouthy and instead went back down to the bar level.

Yeah and so are many other parts of the world but don't feel obliged to venture back:rolleyes:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Like the OP, the hardest has probably been coming to terms with being gay being as loving, sane, and productive as possible despite all the constant negative messaging we get.

As far as the things we do when adrenalin kicks in, I was the first to arrive at a car accident where the car had spun several times on a bridge and all it's lights had been knocked out. It was midnight in North Florida and very dark and this car was sitting in the middle of the bridge with five young women in it. I barely missed it, pulled off down the embankment and ran back. I ordered the women out of the car and down the embankment. Four did as told but one was just screaming hysterically and couldn't listen. So I smacked her and hauled down the embankment myself. Seconds later a big truck hit their car and sent it flying. I was twenty one and probably weighed all of 120 wringing wet. I'm a really mild mannered guy and still don't know how I did it.
Dave

Last edited:

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
The hardest thing i ever did was stand by my baby daughters grave as she was buried.

The bravest was square up to 20 smack heads,4 of which were brandishing a Stanley knife and all had needles on their person.They were trying to brainwash one of my daughters into shoplifting,tomming and trying smack.

damn! how long ago was this?
that's tough to deal with(on both fronts)my aunt had to bury my 16 year-old cousin 3 yrs ago(she was raped and butchered by the neighborhood psycho)

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Brave, hard, difficult for me was seven years ago when I told the woman that I've had an obscene crush on for many years that I was bi. I used to think that woman could 'save my life' because as strong as my attraction for men was at the time and has been for my whole life, she still turned me on--sexually, mentally, the whole nine yards. She's beyond cute--fuckin' gorgeous. She's intelligent, elegant...all kinds of hot shit. When we met I was a total nerd and had no chance whatsoever at gaining her intimate attention. She was my confidante because she was such a good friend to me. My dealing with my fluid sexuality was an internal battle that was ripping me to shreds on the inside; more so when I dealt with her because I loved her so much. I couldn't stand the way that my fear was tearing away at my spirit.

So, one day I just made the decision to end the secrecy--looking for a way through the pain. I had contemplated and thought and voiced the actual conversation to myself in my head and finally braced myself to lose my friend if that's what was going to happen in search of my own happiness. I needed to be free of that hurt. I told her that I loved her and had loved her AND about my sexuality in the same breath one night. She was the first person in my life that didn't know me as well as they thought they did. I had to clue her in for my own survival. She took it well and I didn't lose my friend. She appreciated my honesty and was empathetic of what it took out of me to do that...especially in the closed-minded environment that we live in.

I made the choice to be me, FOR ME, and was willing to let go of every person that claimed that they loved me in my life--so I could be happy. I didn't dive into Gaydom or anything like that, but I was definitely me, as I had always been. If I thought a guy was attractive, I could state it and didn't care what other people thought. I had to pull myself through. That was something that I had to give myself. So the bravest thing that I have ever done was to make myself willing & strong enough to potentially give up those closest to me to live a life that was unlike theirs I guess.

It still hard some days but it's way better than it was.

Peace:cool:

Last edited:

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The bravest would be the time I put out a house fire.

Early one morning about 12 years ago I was running a big John Deere plowing a field on the family farm and this lady that lived in a house next to the field came running out there where I was waving her arms like a wild woman. I had no idea what in the hell was going on so I cut the tractor's engine and climbed down from the cab. The woman was screaming PLEASE HELP ME MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE!, PLEASE HELP MY HOUSE IS BURNING DOWN! Apparently she was cooking breakfast and the phone rang and you know the rest of the story!

Not sure what the hell I was thinking but I grabbed the large fire extinguisher my dad kept in the cab and sprinted across the field to her house. I asked her if anyone was in there and she said no. Thick smoke was rolling out of the open door and it was pitch black in there but I had been in the house years before because one of my childhood friends had previously lived there so I knew my way around. I held my breath and ran into the burning house without even thinking.

I knew the fire was in the kitchen so felt my way to the kitchen door and looked in and all I saw through the thick smoke was a sheet of flames rolling up the wall above the stove and completely across the ceiling and I could feel the intense heat. I pulled the pin, and aimed the fire extinguisher at the base of the flames and squeezed the trigger thinking "here goes nothing" and POOF amazingly the fire immediately went out, and I got the fuck outta there!

The volunteer fire dept. finally arrived about 15 minutes later because they took a wrong turn on a country road and got lost but all they had to do was blow the smoke out of the house with their fans. The fire was already out!

I still don't know why in the hell I did it. If I had actually stopped and thought about it there is no damn way I would have run into that burning house! What I did was crazy, there was nobody in there and I am sure they had fire insurance!

Last edited:

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Brave, hard, difficult for me was seven years ago when I told the woman that I've had an obscene crush on for many years that I was bi. I used to think that woman could 'save my life' because as strong as my attraction for men was at the time and has been for my whole life, she still turned me on--sexually, mentally, the whole nine yards. She's beyond cute--fuckin' gorgeous. She's intelligent, elegant...all kinds of hot shit. When we met I was a total nerd and had no chance whatsoever at gaining her intimate attention. She was my confidante because she was such a good friend to me. My dealing with my fluid sexuality was an internal battle that was ripping me to shreds on the inside; more so when I dealt with her because I loved her so much. I couldn't stand the way that my fear was tearing away at my spirit.

So, one day I just made the decision to end the secrecy--looking for a way through the pain. I had contemplated and thought and voiced the actual conversation to myself in my head and finally braced myself to lose my friend if that's what was going to happen in search of my own happiness. I needed to be free of that hurt. I told her that I loved her and had loved her AND about my sexuality in the same breath one night. She was the first person in my life that didn't know me as well as they thought they did. I had to clue her in for my own survival. She took it well and I didn't lose my friend. She appreciated my honesty and was empathetic of what it took out of me to do that...especially in the closed-minded environment that we live in.

I made the choice to be me, FOR ME, and was willing to let go of every person that claimed that they loved me in my life--so I could be happy. I didn't dive into Gaydom or anything like that, but I was definitely me, as I had always been. If I thought a guy was attractive, I could state it and didn't care what other people thought. I had to pull myself through. That was something that I had to give myself. So the bravest thing that I have ever done was to make myself willing & strong enough to potentially give up those closest to me to live a life that was unlike theirs I guess.

It still hard some days but it's way better than it was.

Peace:cool:

This is beyond the word brave. 8060, I have some sense of what you have experienced. I value your courage, intelligence, beauty, morality and integrity in a way I can only barely say here. In so many ways you're able to express in your life what I'm still learning about in mine. You are a great teacher and friend.

THANK YOU.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
giving myself an insulin shot for the first time. I had a lifelong fear of ever having to give myself an injection. it took the nurse four visits before I could do the whole procedure by myself.