What is the bravest thing you have done?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What is the bravest (or most difficult thing) you have done?
or what is the bravest thing you would like to do? For me it would
be to make peace with being gay. I still have a long journey for that one.
(Understand that I will never feel comfortable kissing a man, or doing anything oral with a guy...Its just that I feel more attracted to guys than women)

I can't decide which is the bravest thing I've ever done. I can seem to decide if certain things were very brave or just very scary or just emotionally painful or just something I endured and survived because I really had no choice. Then there's the question of which is braver, moral or physical bravery? Is it braver if you did something selfless but potentially harmful to yourself because it was the right thing to do than it is to endure pain and/or potential or actual physical harm? How much do psychological factors like personal fears come into play? I'm not going to answer this question because it's just too hard.

I really posted because I wanted to say that I feel terrible that you are struggling so much with your identity as a gay man. To say that you will never feel comfortable kissing a man or doing anything oral really bothered me. An inhibition that powerful has to be difficult to live with. I really hope that it gets easier for you and you find yourself more comfortable in your own skin, with your attraction to men, and with your emotional state regarding how you feel about homosexuality.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One brave thing I did before was outing myself to a straight guy I had a huge crush on. He felt like I was acting weird (I was kinda avoiding him and such) and then I admitted that I was gay and things had never felt freer...

offside

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I suppose coming out is probably my #1 then sitting exams for work (advanced paramedic)#2 I was on a call once and was handed a limp 7 day by its hysterical mother I sh1t myself on the spot, but did what had to be done - thank funk it had a good outcome

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I told the Army i was gay the day before I was to be promoted to Cpt. I was arrested, brought to the MP station, mug shot, the whole bit. A six month investigation followed to see if I had sold secrets to the Soviets. It seemed hard at the time, but it doesn't really compare to most of the previous posts I've read here.

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I told the Army i was gay the day before I was to be promoted to Cpt. I was arrested, brought to the MP station, mug shot, the whole bit. A six month investigation followed to see if I had sold secrets to the Soviets. It seemed hard at the time, but it doesn't really compare to most of the previous posts I've read here.

That pisses me off.

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I suppose coming out is probably my #1 then sitting exams for work (advanced paramedic)#2 I was on a call once and was handed a limp 7 day by its hysterical mother I sh1t myself on the spot, but did what had to be done - thank funk it had a good outcome

A fellow medic!

I've never had the baby situation thank God above....

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There are many commendable acts here. For for the ordinary guy, whether gay or straight, the bravest thing is working at a shit job just so you can put food on the table, pay the bills and just support your family the best you know how.

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There are many commendable acts here. For for the ordinary guy, whether gay or straight, the bravest thing is working at a shit job just so you can put food on the table, pay the bills and just support your family the best you know how.

Amen brother! It's a jungle out there and I think we are all brave... It's always the ordinary day to day struggle that requires the most bravery.

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
Jumped in a river to save my partner from drowning. I will always remember thinking "better to die with him than live without him" as I did so. And still get teared up remembering this event from four years ago. Bizarre fact: his great-great grandfather drowned in the 1870s in the same exact spot.

Last edited:

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
damn! how long ago was this?
that's tough to deal with(on both fronts)my aunt had to bury my 16 year-old cousin 3 yrs ago(she was raped and butchered by the neighborhood psycho)

21st Feb 1991 was the date that my 7 1/2 week old daughter went to be an angel.A long time ago but still affects me deeply to this day.

Sending (((HUGS))) for your aunt

Kevinsfriend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Tasha x you really are a princess girl and I wish you all the happines in the world. You've had a less than ordinary life judging by the things you say and you sound like a champ honestly.
Overcoming adverse situations sits really high on my bravery list x

nudepierced

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Tash X my heart goes out to you, my grandmother had lost her oldest daughter shortly after birth and my dad was the oldest child then,his health was failing and all of a suden my grandmother ended up in the hospital and passed on, two weeks later my dad passed and she had told my one uncle she burried one child she did not want to bury a second.
I have not done it yet but the hardest thing I am going to have to do and soon is tell my wife I am gay, I am 52 and have two sons, one that knows and the other thinks I am more bi, it will not be easy because her health is not the best and I do love her but more as a friend, if she can life this way and I have my freedom I can do that because of her health there has been nothing intament in close to ten years.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Tasha x you really are a princess girl and I wish you all the happines in the world. You've had a less than ordinary life judging by the things you say and you sound like a champ honestly.
Overcoming adverse situations sits really high on my bravery list x

Awww thanks Kevinsfriend! I'm ok really,i just take each day at a time and thank **** for a new day tbh.I have learnt to be thankful for what i do have rather than what i lost otherwise i'd end up bitter n twisted.

Tash X my heart goes out to you, my grandmother had lost her oldest daughter shortly after birth and my dad was the oldest child then,his health was failing and all of a suden my grandmother ended up in the hospital and passed on, two weeks later my dad passed and she had told my one uncle she burried one child she did not want to bury a second.
I have not done it yet but the hardest thing I am going to have to do and soon is tell my wife I am gay, I am 52 and have two sons, one that knows and the other thinks I am more bi, it will not be easy because her health is not the best and I do love her but more as a friend, if she can life this way and I have my freedom I can do that because of her health there has been nothing intament in close to ten years.

I can honestly understand your gran feeling like that.It's a massive worry anyway when one buries a child but to have another child who is ill makes it a million times worse.I firmly believe grief can cause someone to pass away and die of a broken heart.If i hadnt have had my other 6 kids i wouldnt be here now

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Jumped in a river to save my partner from drowning. I will always remember thinking "better to die with him than live without him" as I did so. And still get teared up remembering this event from four years ago. Bizarre fact: his great-great grandfather drowned in the 1870s in the same exact spot.

avoid the fuckin area man!

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't know if this counts as an act of bravery, but... I try to live by logic, and through that logic, I try to ease any pain on myself and people who I care about.

Once, a friend of mine was suicidal. I had sort of been his senior in the Scouts, so he opened up to me about a problem he had. It was quite sticky, really - he was worried if he had knocked up his girlfriend. Some quick logical work managed to divert him from suicide (a calendar + knowledge of the menstrual cycle).

Since then, I have tried to be a listening ear for my friends who need help. I myself rarely feel emotions - probably a side effect of too much mathematics and logical deductions.

Might not be brave, but I guess it's what I can do with what talents I have.

takeyourmark

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
a crook stole my wallet and out of instinct (i guess), I chased him and grabbed him from the back of his shirt, and demanded for my wallet back. good thing he didn't have a weapon and he was smaller than me. i really don't know what came to me, i could've been hurt.