What is the bravest thing you have done?

gwmasiahk

Experimental Member
Media
I don't consider my-self such a brave person as such, but I've always found my-self more willing to stick up for others rather than my-self!! I can't stand by and see a helpless person in trouble. For my-self I try to avoid confrontations but also remain steadfast in my beliefs and ideals. One point remains in my vivid memory of looking out of my bedroom window when I was maybe 12 years old for no apparent reason and seeing a gang of older and vicious neighbourhood bullies beating and pushing my younger brother into a hedge. Without thinking , my adrenalin rushed in and within seconds i was there pulling them all off of my brother and yelling "Leave my brother alone!" I placed my-self between the leader of the gang and my brother and although they could have all beaten my-self and my brother to a pulp, the leader of the gang must have seen something in my eyes and he told the gang to back off and move on.
They all knew that they could have taken me easily and watched as I shakily grabbed my brother and returned him safely home. I was always afraid of recriminations from maybe the leader losing face but since that day, they left us alone. Not quite the bravest thing, but it taught me that you must stand up!!

Fanuc

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Has to be me pulling some kid off my daughter, and slamming him into a wall ... the cops showed up after it happen and told the kid he was lucky thats all I did

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
while i have done lots of brave things - things that scared me or things that no one else would have done - i saw an older guy along side the road with smoke rolling out from under the hood of his truck.
so i stopped to see what was happening and when we opened the hood of the truck, flames lept out. there was some serious fire going on and if something wasn't done, it was going to get a whole lot worse.
the man was paralyzed with fear.
i opened the passenger door of the truck to see if there was anything to put out the fire and saw in the back of the cab a fire extinguisher bolted to the rear wall of the cab. somehow i was able to undo it and get back to the engine fire and put it out with the fire extinguisher.
the poor man couldn't move and didn't even think that there was a fire extinguisher in his truck, much less to get it and use it. i was very afraid the fire would spread to the gas line or something and cause the truck to explode.
perhaps this is not a brave act, but i believe that if i had not stopped and been calm and collected, the man might have lost his truck - or his life.
after 911 was called and showed up, the fire was out and all was well and the man couldn't believe how quickly i was able to find the fire extinguisher and get it out of its holster and put out the fire.
it seemed pretty simple to me, but i was happy the man and his truck were all right. it was frightening in the moment to think that if i screwed up, there could be some bad consequences.
so - i was afraid and did something despite my fear of being blown up or caught on fire.
brave? i dunno know. just something i did.