What is the chance of getting pregnant if....

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by nicettech, May 9, 2010.

1. nicettech

nicettech Well-Known Member

Albums:
    If you were using the Nuvaring contraceptive method what are the chances of getting pregnant. My friend just broke up with a girl after a year and a half long relationship that he cheated on her, lied to her, and treated her like shit. He stayed in it because he was afraid of hurting her and did not want to be a man and do the right thing. Well finally he decided to leave which relieved me and my wife very much. She has been using the Nuvaring method for the duration of their relationship. My friend is a heavy anabolic steroid user which can make you sterile while using, and he has diabetes, and he has horrible bloodpressure problems. Well as soon as they break it off she flipped out, and she tried everything to keep him with her. It is sad and no I do not condone his behavior. He really acted like a shitbag, and made me angry and pissed my wife off because we both like the girl very much. Never the less he is my friend. She is my friend too. I can not let the dynamics of their relationship make or break my friendship with either one of them. Well she has been flipping out trying everything to get him back with her and now she says she went to a doctor because she was gonna get put on some anti-deppresant pills and they did blood work or what ever because the medicine could not be taken if she was pregnant. He told her to go to the drug store and take a pregnancy test together and see what it says. She said no because the test from the dr was inclunslusive and she would have her results back and finalized in a week. I smell bullshit here. Anyway what do any of you know?

2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's because you're neck-deep in it. No doctor would instruct a woman to use an OTC pregnancy test kit to clear any possible contraindications for a medicine he might prescribe. Legally speaking, his ass would be so far out in the breeze...

3. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Well, I have a friend who got pregnant while on the NuvaRing. Turns out there was a bad batch that came out and she got one of them. :eek:

That was a while ago, but it's become a big joke. She has a beautiful little boy now. :smile:

Antibiotics can also make birth control less effective.

I agree with Hazelgod. What kind of doctor was he? Most doctors would insist on labwork to determine if she's pregnant, not an OTC test, which isn't as reliable.

4. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with the others, she could be pregnant, could have been an accident, drugs can interact, she might not have used it right, the dr (if he's like the dr's I know) wouldn't have said that he could do a urine HCG in the office or draw blood if inconclusive.....

5. nicettech

nicettech Well-Known Member

Albums:
    The dr did not tell her to take an otc preg test. My friend told her to go to the store with him and they would get one and see what it said. He was calling her bluff. She said no because she is supposed to be getting some more lab results back this week and will have the answer then. She also said the dr was not sure if she was or was not because of the fact it is so soon. I know about HCG it is Human Chorionic Gonadotroping I use it when I am on steroids to stimulate my pituitary gland to release leutenizing hormone to keep my testes active. He has not used HCG or anything. Steroids all but totally kill sperm production while you are on them. That is a side effect of interupting the HPTA process. That is also why it is hard to impossible to have a kid why taking steroids. She is being a dumb cunt.

Draft saved Draft deleted