What is the hardest birthday?

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, it's my 21+12th birthday tomorrow, (feel free to send cards, champagne and chocs) and it got me thinking.

So far, turning 30 was the absolute worst for me, sounds soo much older than 29.

What has been the hardest birthday for you?

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think my birth day was the hardest - certainly for my poor mum - I was over 10 lbs :eek:

I wonder what you are wishing for your birthday?

I'll have a word with the Cambridgeshire Fire Brigade. :smile:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I think my birth day was the hardest - certainly for my poor mum - I was over 10 lbs :eek:
:smile:

Yes, and we know why, Lord P.
The good news is: Mom, in all her sutures, was delighted.:cool:

And to you, UKBBW_Denise, I send fond birthday greetings and a (sadly, virtual) package of cards, champagne and chocs.

Forgive me, Denise, but you have reached a good year for crucifixion.:cool:

My hardest birthday? None of them were all that hard. But on my 30th, I felt a new page was being turned. Time to get serious.

And, sadly, I never did.:cool:

GBF64

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree that most of the milestone birthdays can be tough on the old ego. But I think the hardest one for any man is the one that causes you to say, Sh**, I'm now old enough to collect social security.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree that 30 was shit. Turning 40 was great and the saying about life beginning at 40 certainly held some truth.

Don't know how I will feel about 50 though. If and when I get there.

Wishing you a wonderful birthday for tomorrow Denise.:party2:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the hardest is the year before the milestone's.. 20-24-29--34-39-???? .. it's always time for reflection...
That's how it is for me, too. Twenty nine was worse than 30; 39 was worst than 40. Now I'm 49 and there's only ~1 month left! After I turned 30 and then 40, I thought: "I feel the same as last year ... I look the same as last year ... it's not so bad."

It helps to think about worse alternatives ... like dead. :eek:

BuddyBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Turning 40 was great and the saying about life beginning at 40 certainly held some truth.

Don't know how I will feel about 50 though. If and when I get there.
Same here. 40s seems cool- old enough to have experience, some cash, and to let the little things go, young enough to still feel sexy and fun. 50, though, just looks old to me.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
Warmest regards, Denise!

I havent had a birthday in 4 years. So I can't give any of my wonderful insight on this one.

A leap year b-day?

I stopped celebrating b-days long ago, and started counting what demographics I fall under. Much less stressful than to count the numbers.

Kinda needed to develop it as a mechanism against demographic targeting, too :biggrin1:

And uh... hey Denise, while we're here - can I nick a statement of yours from another thread for a possible sig? "Forget about the six-pack... I'd sooner have the barrel" :tongue: That was great...

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I could be pedantic and say that we each have only one birthday and the rest are birth anniversaries.

However, I'll refrain and simply say that the day one is "born again" (in the christian sense) is the hardest, because all the fun stuff has to be given up :wink:

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The next one, of course... ;P (just dragging out the year till it happens.)
Well, 18, then 19, then 21, then 25, then 30, then 35...
Next worse one will be 38, as in thbe tragically hip song "38 years old, never kissed a girl)

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
The next one, of course... ;P (just dragging out the year till it happens.)
Well, 18, then 19, then 21, then 25, then 30, then 35...
Next worse one will be 38, as in thbe tragically hip song "38 years old, never kissed a girl)

I always wondered why he hadn't managed to kiss a girl before he was sent to prison?