What is the lifespan of a good bra? (bra etiquette conversation)

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ms. Ellie, have you seen some of these fat men? I think we should get these poor souls into minimizers! Minimizers ae terrible for women, and do not accomplish the goals they set out to achieve, but for a fat man, they would. If we can get fat men wearing bras, we could finally get what we need!

Hahaha Instantly thinks of the Seinfeld Manssiere episode!:biggrin1::tongue:

AND...
They actually exist!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_bra

lexuslynn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i went for a bra fitting and i would recommend it, i am a trans girl and am currently using silicone breast forms, now those u have to really care for. hopefully i make the leap to implants soon!

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i went for a bra fitting and i would recommend it, i am a trans girl and am currently using silicone breast forms, now those u have to really care for. hopefully i make the leap to implants soon!
i should imagine it's even more important when the breasts themselves aren't attached to the body. riding up issues, etc?

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Huh, I like Victoria Secret bras. I got fitted there. Loved the sizing, and the personalized, professional experience. I'm not huge, but a 34 D and the soft material, soft construction of their bras, plus the choices in styles, always pleases me.

I hand wash my bras. I never dry them in a dry but use a wooden drying rack -- your shower curtain rod works, too.

I'm not sure how long they last, but for the price -- 50 bucks on average -- even if they last only 2 years, they're well worth it. Always try them on though, and if you order online, they are easy to send back. Plus, with VS the more you buy, the more you save. They really do have comfy clothes, too.

But anyway digressing. Main point? I think going out to take your lady lingerie, bra shopping is super sweet. Maybe I'm a sap, but I think that's great. You've gotten a lot of advice. Good luck.

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am a 34 barely-A, recently dieted down to that from a 36 little-more-than-A.. It's hard to find decent bras at this end of the line, too. And don't think I don't need one. Bras are about protecting the body, not making the viewer happy: My nipples are sensitive and when I used to go braless on a regular basis, they chafed so much from being hard and brushing against a shirt or blouse that they sometimes bled.

It sucks, but the real answer is,"You keep them until you find one not designed by dipshits that also fits your particular body and won't bankrupt you. Then you toss the rattiest one(s)."

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've already posted my rant about Victoria's Secret. I haven't been in one in about 10 years. Last time I was looking for a DD and they didn't go up to that size! I thought that was ridiculous and told them so. Basically I got a "too bad" attitude. Never returned and wouldn't care to even if they started carrying a G.

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a 34 barely-A, recently dieted down to that from a 36 little-more-than-A.. It's hard to find decent bras at this end of the line, too. And don't think I don't need one. Bras are about protecting the body, not making the viewer happy: My nipples are sensitive and when I used to go braless on a regular basis, they chafed so much from being hard and brushing against a shirt or blouse that they sometimes bled.

It sucks, but the real answer is,"You keep them until you find one not designed by dipshits that also fits your particular body and won't bankrupt you. Then you toss the rattiest one(s)."

Damn straight, Empathizer. I'm (Australian) 10A, so about your size. Unlike you, I wear bras to define my boobs, rather than protect my nipples - unless someone's been munching on them... But your final statement on the lifespan of bras is absolutely spot-on. The latest purchase is always more awesome that the other ones in the drawer.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've already posted my rant about Victoria's Secret. I haven't been in one in about 10 years. Last time I was looking for a DD and they didn't go up to that size! I thought that was ridiculous and told them so. Basically I got a "too bad" attitude. Never returned and wouldn't care to even if they started carrying a G.

A G-cup is somewhat the bra equivalent of a Durex XXL condom and her impressive breasts are like a fully unwrapped XXL condom leaving inches of penile shaft remaining. Thrown in the fact that EllieP (from her photos she has posted) is an attractive blue-eyed Texas/Florida blonde and the entire concept is very stimulating. Her husband Captain Elephant must be a very happy man indeed *

But don't tell my B/C- cup wife who has wanted saline implants for years and who I've been insisting "they're just perfect like they are." *

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But don't tell my B/C- cup wife who has wanted saline implants for years and who I've been insisting "they're just perfect like they are." *

But she is perfect! Please tell her not to change a thing. The grass is always greener. As much as I would love to have C cups I know things would not be the same, and I would probably find something else to gripe about.

Better to live with the devil you know than the devil you don't. That one's usually much worse.

Donnasecret

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Maybe a dozen.
38A+
Victoria Secret, or DKNY for us in the smaller dept.
Don't use the dryer and they last a long time.
A shelf lined Camisole is actually better. ;)
:heart:

D_Jacqueline_Boozann

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, I don't like Victoria Secret's bras; they're just for show and beauty. I go to Lane Bryants -- they last longer.

My problem is I don't buy enough. So, yesterday, Thursday, I purchased five of my favorites: they had a sale, buy one; get one, 1/2 price. Now, I've to break them in. LOL.