What is the priority of good sex in a relationship?

Pervert_Angel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good evening, dear LPSGs ladies.

How important is sex in a relationship, compared to other characteristics? I mean, considering you've found yourselves a gentle guy, with a good job, spirits and humanity values, a role model, but when it comes to sex you realize he is not good enough, could it lead to a break up? Or sex is not top priority, considering all the remaining good stuff he got?

To make myself clear, how would you rank your priorities, considering that there is no perfect guy out there?

Thanks for your time.
P.A..

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's important but I would place it not quite as equally as important as a man treating me well. Sex can always be improved so I can't see how it could be a deal breaker unless he didn't want to work on it together.

Sex is important to me. I consider it part of the whole as far as compatibility with someone, though. I never have been someone to have some massive check list that a potential partner must meet. The main things being them sharing my love of video games at least to some degree, mostly having their shit together/being a functional adult, and overall similar life goals, scruples, etc.

Sex can be improved, people can try new things together, people can communicate well what works and what doesn't. The most problematic part for me as far as sexual comparability has always been differing sex drives. Besides just generally enjoying sex a lot, it fucks with my head and emotions if I am not intimate often enough with my partner, it makes me feel not as close, etc.

In all? It's important, but depending on the particular thing, I'm willing to work with someone I care about to make sure we're both happy.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Sex is important to me. However, the experiences we've shared and the support he's shown me over the years... The person he is and the time we share outside the bedroom are much more important to me.

My sex life is more than satisfying and had been for the past 5 years. Anyone who reads my stuffs here knows that. I know things can and likely will change. As of this moment in time, I don't even want to think of what my life would look like if he wasn't part of it. With or without the sex.

I have that man's back.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I've joked that come is the glue that keeps a relationship together.

That's not to say it's most important, but it is up there.

I found that when communication started slipping, sex did too. It's my canary in the coal mine.

Now, as I've aged, and I look at the realities of being with an older man, I have to think what it might look like when he's mid-late 70s, etc. I'll be early 60s.
I imagine ways to keep spark alive when the spirit is willing but flesh is weak.

And for me, sex equals connection. It's the display of that connection.
Sex doesn't have to be PIV. It can be mutual pleasure in other ways.

But if it all dried up tomorrow, but we could cuddle and kiss, talk and laugh, hold each other through a storm, I'd find a way to live with it.

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sex is in the top three for me. I haven't prioritized the other two yet.

Sex is definitely in the top three, but I'd refine that to "attitude about sex". Sex is a skill that can be learned and improved. If a guy is bad in bed but is eager to learn and eager to please then we're fine. Most bad sex has to do with selfishness and laziness, not inexperience.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
omnia vincit amor. Love conquers all

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that while love is great it's not always in the conquering mood. Love is wonderful, but sometimes it's stretched so thin that it becomes pliable and weak and not necessarily in battle mode to do any conquering.

Love always has to be in concert with something else to make things happen the right way. I have two very dear friends who recently divorced. They love each other so much, but they can only take each other in small doses right now. And there's no way in the world that they can live together any more. Their love works when they're apart.

I see my husband sometimes in that light. I love him to death, but sometimes I want to strangle him to death, too! And I know I'm unbearable sometimes too. It's like "don't make me laugh because I'm still angry with you." That's what makes us work. Without those little skirmishes we would be boring together.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Sometimes love has been through too much.
There can be a point where love isn't enough to hold two spinning people in orbit together.

And it sucks.
The Skinny Hippie and I still love each other, and if we were in proximity, might still boink. Maybe live in adjacent spaces.
He is the love of my life, but I hope to build another great love, so I can say Skinny Hippie is the love of my youth.
The love of the rest of my life is out there.
Which is good, because I can be out there. And I can love out there. I did in person for 14 years. And still do, at distance.

Dollydud

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that while love is great it's not always in the conquering mood. Love is wonderful, but sometimes it's stretched so thin that it becomes pliable and weak and not necessarily in battle mode to do any conquering.

Love always has to be in concert with something else to make things happen the right way. I have two very dear friends who recently divorced. They love each other so much, but they can only take each other in small doses right now. And there's no way in the world that they can live together any more. Their love works when they're apart.

I see my husband sometimes in that light. I love him to death, but sometimes I want to strangle him to death, too! And I know I'm unbearable sometimes too. It's like "don't make me laugh because I'm still angry with you." That's what makes us work. Without those little skirmishes we would be boring together.

Oh, for sure. All that stuff too.

Just trying to cut down on my word count.
(I was starting to get funny looks;)

Angel: I’ll expand on my love comment .

As for me, I don’t enjoy Taco Bell sex .
Love and Sex (the good kind) are mutually exclusive.

Reactions: Pervert_Angel

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I may be the oldest female on the site living continuously with the same man for 35 years. (If there is a longer loving relationship where the female is here instead of the male, I'm unaware.)

As life ebbs and flows the relationship better have something besides sex holding it together. I've come to realize as I've gotten older that the emphasis I placed on sex when I was younger, has shifted to other valuable and important areas in our relationship. I love sex. I love my husband more. I've heard ladies say they would leave a relationship if sex wasn't a priority.. That's sad. I feel like when you have a bonded relationship, you will work in and around and through sexual frustrations.

Love does conquer all. And will get you through those sexless periods in your life. (And, for some odd reason, I've yet to figure, I have one of the most amazing men on the face of this planet. Our bond is strong and secure. And yes it is rare.)

Dollydud

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I may be the oldest female on the site living continuously with the same man for 35 years. (If there is a longer loving relationship where the female is here instead of the male, I'm unaware.)

As life ebbs and flows the relationship better have something besides sex holding it together. I've come to realize as I've gotten older that the emphasis I placed on sex when I was younger, has shifted to other valuable and important areas in our relationship. I love sex. I love my husband more. I've heard ladies say they would leave a relationship if sex wasn't a priority.. That's sad. I feel like when you have a bonded relationship, you will work in and around and through sexual frustrations.

Love does conquer all. And will get you through those sexless periods in your life. (And, for some odd reason, I've yet to figure, I have one of the most amazing men on the face of this planet. Our bond is strong and secure. And yes it is rare.)

Awe damn it Betty that sound so sweet. Thanks for the advice, I hope I can get through this sexless period too. Me myself and I . Self love ? Lol.

-Absolutely kidding . I’m happy for you.

(*Angles waiting in corner like,”I’mma just wait right here while you get ladies get that out of your system” haha)

Reactions: Betty_Cocker