What is the proper way to measure yourself?

B_TooHard

Experimental Member
Media
From what I've read on many sites it's 50/50 from the skin or from the pelvic bone. I would have thought that from the bone is more accurate because there is a bit of fat on the crutch.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Your cock physically goes from inside at the pubic bone to the tip. Younger guys don't have any fat pad so they are really measuring from the pubic bone forward. Older guys or those with more of a fat pad should go to the pubic bone too - fair is fair IMHO.

I have always though you measured length from the pubic bone to the tip and width is an average of three places, at the base, midshaft, and just below the glans. Thats always where I have measured and what I have advertised.

daddydick84

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what do yall measure with? i used string and put a mark on where i needed ..placed the end of the string from pubic bone and along the top of my dick to the tip of it. then placed it on some measuring tape and took the reading.. for girth i did same but took only the reading at mid shaft..i will have to do the avg. thing mikey was talkin about.

ivernios

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dear Daddydick84 - ummmmmmmmmmm, just a wee thought - would it not have been easier and quicker to have used a measuring tape ist. You'll find that it would have pre-empted the need to use a piece of string and having to mark it then having to compare it with a measuring tape. Just a thought - I'm far to bright for this world, but are you an American?, just askin mate!

daddydick84

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that I was at work and didn't have one of those measuring tapes people use when hemming clothes...it seemed more accurate to use string and then put it up to a regular measuring tape rather than cutting myself short and putting it straight up to my curved cock. And yes I AM American..I hope ur not insinuating americans are dumb

Dear Daddydick84 - ummmmmmmmmmm, just a wee thought - would it not have been easier and quicker to have used a measuring tape ist. You'll find that it would have pre-empted the need to use a piece of string and having to mark it then having to compare it with a measuring tape. Just a thought - I'm far to bright for this world, but are you an American?, just askin mate!

B_spotted_duck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that I was at work and didn't have one of those measuring tapes people use when hemming clothes...it seemed more accurate to use string and then put it up to a regular measuring tape rather than cutting myself short and putting it straight up to my curved cock. And yes I AM American..I hope ur not insinuating americans are dumb

Umm.... you measure yourself at work? What exactly do you do for a living?

ivernios

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Lets HOPE he aint a driving instructor - one eye on the road, and one eye on his ............... Strewth mate!, get me out of here.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Depends on how much of a curve you have, but to make it fair and just, would take an average measurment of both along the top and bottom of the shaft, and same idea goes with girth..... measure both the top just below the phallus, and the base of the shaft.

Gaydane

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I thnik we really need to get some common standard about how to measure a penis. Because if people have some fatpad there can be even an inch or two of difference between measuring with the bone pressed method or not.

For example I have a little to much fatpad. If I measure without bonepressing, my dick is only 6½ inches. But if I bonepress when measuring, it is still a little above 7 inches. So that means 3/4 inch of difference, that´s pretty much (about 2 centimeters in european therms)....

That means:

Bonepressed: 18 cm - Not bonepressed: 16 cm.

So what is my correct measurement? :D

Gaydane

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I measured at 9.5 x 6 inches back at 25. This year I turn 40 and am at 8-8.5 x 6....whats the deal?

Not bonepressed I measured 18 cm. at 14, but now only 16 cm. at 37 LOL

No wonder that many young guys seem huge to me...maybe because they are ;) (no fatpad and better blood circulation).

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
what do yall measure with? i used string and put a mark on where i needed ..placed the end of the string from pubic bone and along the top of my dick to the tip of it. then placed it on some measuring tape and took the reading.. for girth i did same but took only the reading at mid shaft..i will have to do the avg. thing mikey was talkin about.
A smart man!

Measuring tapes can stretch whiich may make the final result less than the actual. String, then placed by a solid ruler has a better accuracy.

Gaydane

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Last week I dated a 22 yo guy. Blond and boyish looking.

His penis curves a little upwards when hard, so when I measured it at the top it was only 15 cm. But when I measured it at the bottom (from where the balls start to the tip of the dickhead) it was 17,5 cm.

What is then his real measurement? :D

NotQuite_9x7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Personally, I think a bonepressed measurement should be the standard.

1. It completely eliminates the fat pad issue and pressing to the pubic bone gives everyone a clear starting point, so we get a more accurate and universal standard.

2. During sex, nobody tries to stop at the the fat pad. We try to get it in as deep as possible, so we also get a more realistic standard.(We'll worry about bottoming out another time.)

3. Finally, a bonepressed measurement is a bigger measurement. So it's more accurate, more realistic.. and plus, it's more fun and flattering.

From now on, I'm giving the bonepressed measurement with no guilt and no explanation. As far as I'm concerned.. that's how long my penis is. Good discussion.

tight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've always been told you measure what you can fuck with. So a little padding doesn't get in the way. Length is measured from the pubic bone to the tip. Thickness is the circumferance at the thickest part of your cock. For some that's near the tip, some just behind the glans and still others the thickest part of their cocks is near the base.