What is the Worst Dating Advice You have Ever Received?

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I will comment on the earring one, because I hate giant earrings. Rarely do they ever look good. And when they do, it's usually because the person wearing them is good looking, not the earrings themselves. I prefer much more modest earrings.

I also like modest nails. Long real or fake nails are actually a small turn off for me. Fake more so than real.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Just deal with it. No one is happy in relationships"

That hurt my head when it was told to me.

Yeah really! I mean, if no one is happy in relationships, why even bother HAVING a relationship! Sheesh!

I will comment on the earring one, because I hate giant earrings. Rarely do they ever look good. And when they do, it's usually because the person wearing them is good looking, not the earrings themselves. I prefer much more modest earrings.

I also like modest nails. Long real or fake nails are actually a small turn off for me. Fake more so than real.

I like big hoop earrings sometimes but not so much the others. And I have modest nails anyway... I tried the fakes once but it wasn't me. I like being able to DO things without having to worry about breaking a nail. :biggrin1: Interestingly, when I see some of the pictures or TV shows of the really fashionable women of today, most of them do have modest length nails. I like that trend - let's stay with that! (but let's lose the "You have to be super-thin even if you have to starve yourself to be that way" attitude, PLEASE!!!)

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
the worst dating advice EASILY is a two way tie between the following

1.) I was out at a club with some friends of mine and a group of fairly attractive women (one quite attractive) sat right smack next to us and the best looking one (by my taste at least) mentioned that she was getting married soon. Ok so my friends decide that she means to sleep with me...

2.) A magazine said, and by said I do not mean that it implied or hinted, I mean it flat out said that women are very aware of thier surroundings so if they bump into you they are trying to hit on you and have sex...
This wasn't printed as a joke or in a magazine writen by horny teenaged boys, this was a magazine article with a female author. Personally I think this female author should be tazed as she is likely responcible for a dozen date-rapes....

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the worst dating advice EASILY is a two way tie between the following

1.) I was out at a club with some friends of mine and a group of fairly attractive women (one quite attractive) sat right smack next to us and the best looking one (by my taste at least) mentioned that she was getting married soon. Ok so my friends decide that she means to sleep with me...

2.) A magazine said, and by said I do not mean that it implied or hinted, I mean it flat out said that women are very aware of thier surroundings so if they bump into you they are trying to hit on you and have sex...
This wasn't printed as a joke or in a magazine writen by horny teenaged boys, this was a magazine article with a female author. Personally I think this female author should be tazed as she is likely responcible for a dozen date-rapes....
Helen Gurley Brown once wrote that a womans vagina was just like her apartment. It should be kept full of men and happy at all times. I stopped reading Cosmopolitan after that.

I mean seriously! Some of us have to work. :mad:

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
yah I find that women are basically incapable of giving advice about other women, once they start to get paid to do so...
I'm not sure exactly what goes screwy in a womans mind when she is paid for her advice but as soon as that first check is cashed...KABLOOIE she turns into a frat boy when she writes...

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Don't shave your legs" The idea being it'll stop you from having sex with the guy you're into...totally does not work. :biggrin1:

We still had lots and lots and lots of sex...and I loved every second of it. :redface:

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Just deal with it. No one is happy in relationships"

That hurt my head when it was told to me.

Yeah really! I mean, if no one is happy in relationships, why even bother HAVING a relationship! Sheesh!

Worst part in this is when you start believing this "advice" so much that you start thinking that's what happy is and you fall into a false contentment...been there...blaaah.