Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What's the worst/ scariest/or ur most favourite horror film u have ever watched and why???

I was just randomly thinkin about this and thought it would be interesting to know everyones!!

So here are mine....

1. The Hills Have Eyes

I mean the remake because I have never seen the original.
I find the concept behind it of the people remaining living at the Nuclear Test Site and becoming mutated like that/crazy/cannabalistic and a family gettin lost there completely terrifying.

2 Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The original. Must confess I only made it about halfwat through..
To be honest it is from what I could see a brilliant peice of cinema, totally plays with ur head. And the fact that the young characters are so believable, the scenery (middle of nowhere) etc just gives it more of an edge. I made it up to the meat hook!!!
Will have to try and watch the lot at some point....

3 28 Weeks Later

So 28 days Later IS a better film. but in terms of pure gore and being TERRIFIED this one really did the trick. To be honest found a few scenes a bit TOO disturbing but is still in my dvd collection.

My actual favourite Horror is The Faculty....

It's not that scary, its a remake of (Invasion of the Bodysnatchers...I think) and is set in a U.S High School and stars Josh Hartnett and Elijah wood. Scary in places, but I think I just like it cos it's quite edgy, funny and cool.

So would love to hear other peoples....:smile:

Last edited:

pym

Just Browsing
Media
The first 'HELLRAISER' was WAaaaayyyyy out there man.

The sickest, most fucked up one i ever saw? Had to be 'DEAD ALIVE' an early horror effort by Peter Jackson{of Lord of Rings fame}.

Then there are the completely psychotic 'HOSTEL' films......completely gratuitous Ultra-Violence.

The original 'Night of the living Dead' in black and white just BLEW me Back, when i was a kid.

And then there is 'EQUINOX' .....another early 70's masterpiece of 'clay-mation' Horror....this one is VERY freaky.

And i still LOVE all the original 1930's horror films, Dracula, Frankenstien,Were-wolf, Mummy.......:biggrin1:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
a bit of a horror movie nut. not sure all of my favorites would get the horror tag. some are just joyful splatter fests. some left me gut bunched or queasy. some i just love for the sense of humor.

Audition
Re-Animator
Vulgar
Black Sheep
Otis
Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer
Fido
Irreversible
Tale of Two Sisters
Funny Games *original*
Clavier
High Tension
Dog Soldiers
Dead Mens Shoes
Old Boy
Sympathy for Mr Vengeance
Fists in the Pocket
Frontiers *i liked it most didn't*
Night of the Living Dorks
Ichi the Killer
Dead and Breakfast.
Bad Taste *skull flap lmao*

the nerding could go on forever.

ML

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I actually prefer the remake of Texas chainsaw masacre. The original has way too much of that stupid woman screaming! She screams non stop for the last 30 mins of the film...just kill the bitch already!

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love the classic horror films
plus the cheesy ones too
Chopping mall night of the living dead

I think u mean Dawn of the dead. Its my fave horror film. The original version.

The Evil dead is a classic too & does everything a great horror film should do.
Nightmare on Elm street is another....forget the sequels though.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What is the worst???
What's the worst/ scariest/or ur most favourite horror film u have ever watched and why???

Well not exactly horror film
but the Rocky HORROR picture show..the movie
will do me..covers most things lpsg members could be interested in also haa
or some of Hitchcocks/Fellini,s movies were pretty horrible and Lovable as well?
enz
(failing that NONE of the Horror movies well liked by buffs..impressed me that much..apart from maybe the Exorcist)

London_Calling

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wolf Creek for me.
Had to check the front door was locked 3 times and sleep with the light on. Always been bit of a wuss when it comes to horror films!

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Nothing beats Poltergiest, nothing....except maybe The Shining

Yup The Shining is pretty terrifying!!! and a classic!

MickeyLee the only one from ur list that I've heard of is Black Sheep,
which i think is a black comedy horror a bit like 'Shaun of the Dead'.
So you must be really into your horrors.

Yup Wolf Creek another Aussie film Fuckin terrifyin...wat a sick psychotic bastard....must say I love an Aussie film aswell.

The other one I'm tryin to remeber the name of was banned when it came out....

I think it might have been 'Night of the Living Dead'? But not sure.
It takes place in a wood with this group of young people/youngish in there late 20's-early 30's and they are all stayin in a Cabin and there are really gross things in the Cabin....and some sort of dodgy book that they shouldn't open I think. And trees that come alive in the Forest, one of which attacks some poor women in a rather suspect lookin manner??? Does anyone know what film this is????

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

I think it might have been 'Night of the Living Dead'? But not sure.
It takes place in a wood with this group of young people/youngish in there late 20's-early 30's and they are all stayin in a Cabin and there are really gross things in the Cabin....and some sort of dodgy book that they shouldn't open I think. And trees that come alive in the Forest, one of which attacks some poor women in a rather suspect lookin manner??? Does anyone know what film this is????

The Evil Dead or Evil Dead II

umm yup. kinda like the horror movies.

ML

comics + horror movies + boobs = nerd girl

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

SEE MY POST! :rolleyes: