What is wrong with Christians?

very.hot.dude

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They are all so judgmental, but always turn out to be closet gays/slut gays/toilet gays.....I'm gay so I have a right to judge. Why do they think they're so much better than those of us who accept who we are and are out to others? I've been with the same guy (only) for years and years...From a previous thread I can see a number of members here are gay/closeted/conservative.....shame on you.....wouldn't be shocked at all if many conservative republican senators etc. are members here....

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
They are all so judgmental, but always turn out to be closet gays/slut gays/toilet gays.....I'm gay so I have a right to judge. Why do they think they're so much better than those of us who accept who we are and are out to others? I've been with the same guy (only) for years and years...From a previous thread I can see a number of members here are gay/closeted/conservative.....shame on you.....wouldn't be shocked at all if many conservative republican senators etc. are members here....
Wow. Did we learn about sweeping generalizations in school?

While I think Christians and silly and delusional, to label them all judgmental, hypocritical gays does nothing for the credibility of your argument.

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not talking about hypocrisy in general, the OP points to the hypocrisy of a conservative closeted gay who is openly judgmental of gays.

very.hot.dude

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow. Did we learn about sweeping generalizations in school?

While I think Christians and silly and delusional, to label them all judgmental, hypocritical gays does nothing for the credibility of your argument.

We're on the same page dude.....look at your own quote....silly, delusional, closet gays and hypocrites - lets face it that is what they are for the most part. I don't care what they believe as long as they don't impose their psycho beliefs on me --- and if they're going to take the "word" of the bible as truth then at least take it all - you can't cherry pick it....if gays are bad then you beat your children with a rod if they get out of line (Poverbs 13:24, 20:30 and 23:13-14). If they talk back to you you should kill them (Exodus 21:15, Leviticus 20:9, Deuteronomy 21:18-21) and on and on.....crazy - why do people vote for those who proclaim their "faith" aka "craziness"...

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Im conservative and i hate it too. My brother lived a lie for many years thinking thats what we all wanted to see. Maybe some of the family would prefer it that way, but most of us in the family knew what his preferences were. Dad may have been disappointed, but why prolong the inevitable.

We were raised in a very religious household, i consider myself christian. But watching the anguish my brother endured not just from peers, family, society in general, it just kills me to think about it.

I want him to be happy, even if its not a lifestyle choice i'd personally make. I wish he would have came out many many years prior, didnt feel like he had to marry and make kids and then run off like that. He belonged with a man from the very beginning and really damaged his exwife and children over the whole deal.

My brother ran off 6 years ago, no one knows where he is or if he's ok. He was very premuscious and not careful about it. We all fear the worse. I cant help but feel responsible for not taking him by the collar and saying "Come out damnit! Dont supress this and let it destroy you!"

I had to get that off my chest. I just miss him very much. Even if he wasnt a good person in general, he's still my brother and i see the pain he was in.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I saw a tshirt today that said, "Cuckoo for Jesus!"

Best, most accurate shirt for bible thumpers ever. I'm getting one for each member of my husband's family.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
In order to judge Christians, one should really at least be a practicing Christian. You'll have a better point of view. As a Christian, I don't like the sweeping generalizations that have been posted. Coming from a very conservative Christian background, I can totally understand why anything that goes against "the norm" causes lots of problems and makes people justify their actions. I'm not saying what has been done is ok, I'm just saying that I understand the mentality because I know the background and how it makes people react to urges. What I have found, though, is that most Christians are not hypocritical and judgemental, it's a very vocal minority. Most Christians really are about love and establishing relationships with others, as Jesus taught.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
wait, you mean if I come out as gay that gives me the right to pass judgment on other people? That's the best incentive I've heard so far, and I've been around here a while.

It's pointing out hypocrisy.

Not all Christians are Right wing nutcases, and are very moderate people with an understanding and acceptance of people. That's what Christianity is suppose to be all about. The problem is the number of nutcases that are out there now.

The group that has the most rampant hypocrisy is the Catholic Church. It is purely about control, and it is not normal to instruct people to not have sex, and give up any possessions that they have. It's total control. It attracts weirdos who end up doing horrible things like molesting children. I'm sure that there are people who are incredibly faithful and mean well, but it is not biologically and mentally healthy.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
Im conservative and i hate it too. My brother lived a lie for many years thinking thats what we all wanted to see. Maybe some of the family would prefer it that way, but most of us in the family knew what his preferences were. Dad may have been disappointed, but why prolong the inevitable.

We were raised in a very religious household, i consider myself christian. But watching the anguish my brother endured not just from peers, family, society in general, it just kills me to think about it.

I want him to be happy, even if its not a lifestyle choice i'd personally make. I wish he would have came out many many years prior, didnt feel like he had to marry and make kids and then run off like that. He belonged with a man from the very beginning and really damaged his exwife and children over the whole deal.

My brother ran off 6 years ago, no one knows where he is or if he's ok. He was very premuscious and not careful about it. We all fear the worse. I cant help but feel responsible for not taking him by the collar and saying "Come out damnit! Dont supress this and let it destroy you!"

I had to get that off my chest. I just miss him very much. Even if he wasnt a good person in general, he's still my brother and i see the pain he was in.

You're Conservative, and none of this changed you? :rolleyes:

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't see why hiding behind any facade should surprise anyone. It's the oldest trick in the Book, pretend to stand for the direct opposite of what you are.

I wonder if I can find The Book in a library. I bet I could.

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The group that has the most rampant hypocrisy is the Catholic Church. It is purely about control, and it is not normal to instruct people to not have sex, and give up any possessions that they have. It's total control. It attracts weirdos who end up doing horrible things like molesting children. I'm sure that there are people who are incredibly faithful and mean well, but it is not biologically and mentally healthy.

well now that you've narrowed your sampe size to just a billion, i see your point

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In order to judge Christians, one should really at least be a practicing Christian. You'll have a better point of view. As a Christian, I don't like the sweeping generalizations that have been posted. Coming from a very conservative Christian background, I can totally understand why anything that goes against "the norm" causes lots of problems and makes people justify their actions. I'm not saying what has been done is ok, I'm just saying that I understand the mentality because I know the background and how it makes people react to urges. What I have found, though, is that most Christians are not hypocritical and judgemental, it's a very vocal minority. Most Christians really are about love and establishing relationships with others, as Jesus taught.
Well put and well spoken.