What is wrong with Christians?

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
They are all so judgmental, but always turn out to be closet gays/slut gays/toilet gays.....I'm gay so I have a right to judge. Why do they think they're so much better than those of us who accept who we are and are out to others? I've been with the same guy (only) for years and years...From a previous thread I can see a number of members here are gay/closeted/conservative.....shame on you.....wouldn't be shocked at all if many conservative republican senators etc. are members here....

Fuck you. CHRIST RULES.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In order to judge Christians, one should really at least be a practicing Christian. You'll have a better point of view. As a Christian, I don't like the sweeping generalizations that have been posted. Coming from a very conservative Christian background, I can totally understand why anything that goes against "the norm" causes lots of problems and makes people justify their actions. I'm not saying what has been done is ok, I'm just saying that I understand the mentality because I know the background and how it makes people react to urges. What I have found, though, is that most Christians are not hypocritical and judgemental, it's a very vocal minority. Most Christians really are about love and establishing relationships with others, as Jesus taught.

Amen, brother. First and foremost, Christians like everyone else are human and subject to character flaws as well. There have always been individuals who may be culturally religious but not really practicing their alleged beliefs. Even those who are practicing them are works in progress. No human being is perfect.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Threads about religion and politics should be banned :tongue:
No, people who post in a thread to say "I hate this thread" should be banned.

If you don't like the subject line, why would you even click on the link and read the thread?

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I want him to be happy, even if its not a lifestyle choice i'd personally make.

You really think homosexuality is a choice, Red?

In order to judge Christians, one should really at least be a practicing Christian.

I think that's a bit of a generalization itself. We aren't required to be a member of a given group to understand them, we just have to be objective enough to do it. Moreover, being a member of said group is often at least as much a reason for being less than objective about judging it.

Not to say the OP is in the least objective here, because he's obviously full of crap with his broad, sweeping generalizations. But just because he's like that doesn't mean other non-Christians would be so subjective or unthoughtful when discussing Christians and Christianity.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The most dangerous thing about "normal" Christians is that even if they are not radical, their leaders convince them to take actions and vote for officials who make life difficult for gay people. I've especially seen this behaviour in affluent Christians. Even if they are close to, love and respect gay people they still vote their pocket book when voting.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"Christian" can be a very broad term. I don't think you can treat together the views on homosexuality of say the Roman Catholic, Anglican and Baptist churches. In some cases there is not even agreement within a church. The range of views from say Quaker (no doctrine, no dogma, hardly any structures) to Jesuit (conservative RC) is enormous.

All Christians have the concept of loving your neighbour as yourself, and there is a tremendous depth of tolerance and acceptance within this concept, along with the view that we should not judge other people. If people who claim to be Christians are not showing love, toleranace and acceptance then maybe they have fallen short of an ideal. But the ideal is still there.