What is your average hourly salary?

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I start new employees right out of high school even b/4, at $10/hour. I have about 35 employees at present and never hire anyone at minimum wage. My overall average is about $18/hour with the top $35/hour but thats exceptional.

If you employ people do you ever hire at just minimum wage? If you are an employee are you working at minimum wage? What do you think a decent wage is for the work you do? Are you underpaid and can you quantify by how much you are underpaid? Do you suspect that you might be overpaid? LOL. If you go to your boss and ask for a raise, do you ever back it up with clear stats on how well you perform?

This discussion came up in a meeting and I was wondering how this worked for you?

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
most jobs that are easy to get around here start you out at 8.50 to 9 dollars and hour. I don't know any places that use the min. wage. Its allways be way to low for anyone to survive on.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I start new employees right out of high school even b/4, at $10/hour. I have about 35 employees at present and never hire anyone at minimum wage. My overall average is about $18/hour with the top $35/hour but thats exceptional.

If you employ people do you ever hire at just minimum wage? If you are an employee are you working at minimum wage? What do you think a decent wage is for the work you do? Are you underpaid and can you quantify by how much you are underpaid? Do you suspect that you might be overpaid? LOL. If you go to your boss and ask for a raise, do you ever back it up with clear stats on how well you perform?

This discussion came up in a meeting and I was wondering how this worked for you?
What do you charge your employees out at? And how much do they cost you?

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I work for myself and avg $1.82 an hour......but I would guess the prevailing hourly wage would depend on what part of the country you are in and whether you are in an urban area. In some parts of Louisiana and Arkansas $6/ hr is pretty good.

lpsg4t

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
a couple of years aga (abt 4) we asked me geograpphy teacher abt wat her hourly wage was and tht was £20 pounds an hour ($ 15 (ish) ) bt tht was only because she was at the top of the scale i.e she was fully qualified in many subjects and had been teaching around 30 yrs.

Hope ive helped

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
a couple of years aga (abt 4) we asked me geograpphy teacher abt wat her hourly wage was and tht was £20 pounds an hour ($ 15 (ish) ) bt tht was only because she was at the top of the scale i.e she was fully qualified in many subjects and had been teaching around 30 yrs.

Hope ive helped

Your geograpphy teacher didn't help you much with spelling or currency conversion skills, did she... :no:

D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher

Account Disabled
Media
my average hourly salary: not enough :redface:

if anyone would like to contribute to the stacy needs gas money fund, please send a PM. all donations are welcome! :biggrin1:

Ride a cowboy. :smile:

I can say with certainty that in Iowa some jobs just don't pay a decent wage. I'm talking under $8 with no benefits. :frown1:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

This is all somewhat meaningless; since, you haven't bothered to indicate what type of business this is. If you are paying people these wages to hand out leaflets on a street-corner; then, it is a nice wage. If however you are paying these wages to healthcare attendants, then, they are vastly underpaid (considering what they have to face each day). Several other occupations would also find your wages either excessive or deliriously low.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you charge your employees out at? And how much do they cost you?

What I do is pay out on average 20% of gross income in wages. For example if gross income is $100k and my employeee wages are $23000, I pay out 23%. HOwever if gross wages are $17000 I bonus everyone to get to 20%. I never pay out less than 20%.

All my employees are females cept one, with high school education or less. They NEVER want either medical insurance or a 401K. They only want cash in hand. Offering a 401k is a waste.

How the heck do you live on a !.62 an hour?

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am in an ideal situation were I do not have to work if I don't want to.
But I do like to work and I have excepted a very low hourly rate for work that intrested me.
That being said, when I work on my own private business intrests and investments there would be very few here who could afford my hourly rate if I had to be paid to match the remuneration I recive from those investments.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my average hourly salary: not enough :redface:

if anyone would like to contribute to the stacy needs gas money fund, please send a PM. all donations are welcome! :biggrin1:

Aeroplanes are faster, you know :rolleyes:

I am also on "not enough"/hour. When I become a full fledged cad monkey, there will be talks. Right now its about $12/£6 p/h. With a profit share. Yipee :rolleyes:

bbristow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i am currently on NZ$18.11 an hour, working for the bank. That's US$14.08, approximately. i cannot wait to graduate, and get a whole lot more.