What is your ecological footprint?

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Blogging on the topic of consumables and American marketing, I ran across the Ecological Footprint Quiz. Sobering to say the least.

I came in at 34--wow. Must be too much flying and meat. Average US footprint is 24 acres per person.

If everyone lived like me we would need 7.4 planets.

CATEGORY GLOBAL HECTARES
FOOD 1.5
MOBILITY 0.3
SHELTER 0.2
GOODS/SERVICES 0.4
TOTAL FOOTPRINT 2.4

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 1.3 PLANETS.

Sheeez,.. bless the starving people in Africa, then! XD

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
5.2 Food
1.5 Mobility
6.9 Shelter
7.7 Goods and services

21 acres total footprint, compared to the US average of 24 acres per person

If everyone lived like me, we would need 4.8 planets.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I came in at 4.8 that can't be right because I consider myself quite wasteful, must be because I try to walk wherever practical and since the kids stopped wanting family holidays I no longer fly.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I norder to improve my footprint I hooked up my dick to chord that triggers a flywheel which powers my computer and then I click on spoiled princess' galllery.
FREE POWER....for about a minute..

Redflame

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
4.9 and I guess with the only meat that I eat being live, it helps a lot.

crowdpleaser

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Apparently I am average! I drive 90 miles a day to and from work (I would have thought that would have hurt me more).CATEGORYACRES
FOOD4.9
MOBILITY3.2
SHELTER8.4
GOODS/SERVICES7.9
TOTAL FOOTPRINT24

IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 24 ACRES PER PERSON.

WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 4.5 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE ACRES PER PERSON.

F EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 5.5 PLANETS.
http://www.earthday.net/footprint/images/globe_half.gif

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
TOTAL FOOTPRINT24

I drive a gas hog SUV (that I hate) 60 miles per day. Plus, love my meat :wink: .......

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC, I can only dream of 14. I guess I have many things against me: A Mustang Fastback for the fun of it, an Audi for daily business, motorbike, my flying. Living in the fast lane, I'm an ecological bigfoot: 38.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC, I can only dream of 14. I guess I have many things against me: A Mustang Fastback for the fun of it, an Audi for daily business, motorbike, my flying. Living in the fast lane, I'm an ecological bigfoot: 38.
Ha, not to mention that in California, you are almost forced into some of those higher-consumption categories. There's not exactly a perfect mass-transit system there.

Oh, and I'm surprised there was not a question about whether or not you make use of a recycling service. My neighbor doesn't recycle anything. Some of it is "too much trouble" and she won't recycle her wine bottles because she "doesn't want them to think she drinks so much." My partner and I put everything that will recycle into the recycling bins. In fact, the question about having less, the same, or more trash than your neighbors was a little misleading. I usually have one bag of landfill stuff, and two bags of recyclables. Almost all our light bulbs have been replaced with much more energy efficient fluorescents. I also try to minimize water usage, and take "navy showers"... wet down, turn off the water, lather up, then rinse. I probably only use 1/3 of average when I shower.

silentc

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
32, damn thats high.

Speaking of these things, did you know that Al Gore's home uses more electricity in one month than the average american's home does in an entire year?